Page: ...
EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to woodford this year???
I have been invited to perform there, but as our airfares aren't being paid for, most people I know can't spin with me... is anyone going up there this year that would be interested in throwing together a fifteen min fire show with me? This would give you free entry to the festival. biggrin
if your interested i need to know ASAP as I have to get back to the festival with a list of names!!
Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Yay! Kyle is back.. haven't seen you round here for a while!
We will be there on the 26th. ("We" being arsn, Valura and myself, plus their car load... so that's three of our fantastic pick'n'mix troupe biggrin ) Casey should also be rocking up on the 26th (our crew/re-fueler) There is a service that the festival offer to performers that is a free bus from Brisbane out to the festival. You need to contact them a few days before hand though to let them know that you will be traveling on it... maybe call the festival to ask about it.

As for a marker... I have a big Rainbow "Peace" flag that I thought we could put up, if we raise it from the top of one of the tents, or from the van, you can see it from quite a distance. Also, I believe that all the camp sites have names, if we can make a note at the gate to let people know where wisp is camping, then if you all at least know the name of the area, then finding us shouldn't be AS hard!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I think that we should all camp in the normal camping zone, this way, nobody has to choose who's van gets into the proformers area, and we can still all camp together.

Ofcourse, those who are proforming will still be able to go into the profomers section and have a chance of seeing somebody like Mr Rudd for example... wink

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
pm on its way kyle!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Why do we need phones ?

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

1,903 posts

Posted:
Puks' right, when I'm sure everybody can atleast make a yak soud of some kind...

.:*Walks off making yak sounds*:. biggrin

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
What calls do dropbears make ? okay jokes aside im sure we can do the same as the people did 10,15 years ago before moblie where used .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

1,903 posts

Posted:
What, you mean wet a piece of string and talking thru two cans??? rolleyes

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
'cept my can doesnt get reception out of the city wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Written by: Eveish

Yay! Kyle is back..

ARGHHH! ubbloco
Wish it were true. Last couple posts have been from airport lounges and is starting to seem like I am living in airports now. Long flights + loose connections = sleepy Kyle. It is starting to get hard to tell if the PA broadcasts are coming from inside or outside of my head. I am developing an urge to bath in the fountains. I (or what is left) will be back Friday morning, having left at 5am on Wed eek...

The peace flag sounds like a good thing.
Peace hug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

majikenthusiast
231 posts

Posted:
ubbcryingubbcryingubbcrying
I think I have to miss out this year. Too bad for me.
It sunds like a good hop crew is going it would have been nice to meet you all. I hate missing Woodford I've been everyyear bar two since I was five when it was still a small little festival at Malaney Showgrounds. Unfortunatley I don't think my finances are going to stretch that far this year. It's usually my Christmas present from my parents but it's getting too expensive.
I'm jealous as of all of you who are going. It's going to be so fun! But I've had my far share of Woodfords I have to miss a coupla years to let everyone catch up. So have a blast everybody and I hope to see you all next year.

ubblovemajik

PS Rainbow peace flag is nice but might not stand out so much amongst the 500 other ones flying around the campsite.
(Just a thought) ubbloco

Live, love, laugh and dance!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
its all good : ) in all the folk festivals I have been to I have seen hundreds of the 'southern cross' flags, but none quite like my peace rainbow ubbloco

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
...but then woodford is very different to any other folk fest wink it's less of a southern cross and more of a peace rainbow kind of vibe there .:*:.
but I'm sure yours is extra specially beautiful and will be a beacon to the HOP tribe...

sorry that you will have to miss it majik... I too was lucky enough to make it to a maleny fest before it moved.. that was such a pretty site with the waterhole & everything... .:*
hopefully you might be able to make it up to January moonfest though? ..and then you can still meet quite a few of the HOPpers..?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ok,
roz and i are driving up, and will probably arrive early in the morning on the 27th. im aiming for an extraordinarily early start on the 26th to beat the traffic out of sydney [~5-6ami sh]. we might make it in one hit - unlikely, but well see how we go.

what should we do with car & stuff, if we cant driving in due to the troupe vehicle limitation thing. id rather not leave the car TOO far away. i was hoping for a nearby town and maybe someone could pick us up.
what are our options?

on a related note - how do i get through the gate - do i mention the name of the troupe and thats it?

thanks guys. hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmm!!! .:*sigh*:. YUMMMMMO I'm SO exitabubble!!! bounce

I'm cozying up my pixiemobile today!

will be a luscious fest!....::.:::...:::.:*/*/*/*

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
there are special carpark areas on the festival site.. the only limitation is on cars actually inside the performer's camping area as it is quite tight...
also, in general camping I don't think there is any limitation at all.. so that's an option if you'd like your car really close too...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
yeps, bringing the car to woodford itself won't be a prob, its just in our troupe area.
ok, the magic words to receive your free ticket, your name (with ID) from "Will-o'-the-Wisp"
magic, then hopefully you will be directed to a camp site. biggrin

EEEEK!! last minute dramas!!! Valura and arsn aren't coming!! eek arg!!!
2 tickets up for grabs...

Also, can anyone pick up a little Eveish person from Brisbane airport?? 'cause there goes my lift to the festival....
frown help frown

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
also, the Flynt is not coming, alas.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
WHAT? oh no!!!!

and the 2 tickets are going to be week-long ones arent they? so i cant even grab one of those!! (yes silly trying-her-luck rougie is planning on getting tickets at the gate...)

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
wha? why??

eek!

tragedy!!

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly guys for health reasons I cant come. Im actually ten weeks pregnant, and I have to breathe on a respirator machine, because I have very bad sleep apeona. The dr has told me that there is a BIG chance of harming the baby if I do not sleep with the machine, so I just cant come.My babys health is more important than anything else. Im sure everyone can understand that.

Eve

If you cant get a lift then you can actually catch a train from the airport directly to the festival. Im sure of it. Im really sorry eve, we did everything we could to make it happen.

We even rang woodford for disability sites and they are all gone.

Flynt if you want to go the ticket that we bought you is still there and you can use it.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
WEEEeeeeEEEEeeeeeEEEeeeeeeEEEEeeee

miss chicken is going to be a mummy.....!!!!! and arsn is going to be a daddy
yippeee yay!!

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

woodfords come & go but having your bubba is the most precious amazing thing...
we will miss you at the festival but bubba is heaps more important than any thing....

love & cuddles to you both!!! ubblove ubblove ubblove

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
..and Eve.. sorry we can't help with a lift cause the van will be all filled up with persons & stuff...

but it really is easy from the airport - if you just let the festival know your arrival times they do pick-ups in comfy cushy minibus/van things...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys, tis all good, I will find a way to the festival!!
Valura... Stop apologising!!! its all good! Congrats again and hopefully we will see you as a day visiter at the festival?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Mummy Valura!!! And Daddy Arsn! bounce bounce2

cos quite frankly on the list of acceptable excuses for not coming to Woodford; that is definately one of them!!!

Congrats!!!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Written by: Valura

Flynt if you want to go the ticket that we bought you is still there and you can use it.

stop being silly. I am coming up to see you guys. That is/was my first and foremost reason for coming, remember? As I have already told you on the phone, we will hang out, and paint tonails and go to the beach, and you and me and troy and lilbubs will have a great time.

*hugzzzzzzz*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hmm...so no more dreadie day???!!! dang...i spose you guys have a pretty good excuse... tongue i guess that means we all have to drive to the goldie & just rock up on valura & arsn's doorstep after woodford, yes? ubblol

now i really have to get off my arse & come visit you guys!! ubblol

i can't believe it's almost woodford time again!! biggrin it kinda snuck up on me there!!! lucky i get paid this week!! i'll put some money aside for woodfordy fun!! i wonder if any of the stalls will sell baby sized hippie goodness...what am i saying!? i know lots of them do!!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
***Wonders in and Waves** wave

Helloooo,

the fluffy napalm one directed me in the direction of the moonfest if I was was traveling in the brisbane area. Said you're all loverly and I should have a spin with you all bounce

I just so happen to be going to the brisbane area soon.
But now it seems you're all gonna be at the woodford folk festival. frown

Am thinking about poping along for a spin and was wondering if it's possible to get tickets on the gate? (or if there's a spare floating around? biggrin )

bounce bounce2 weavesmiley

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Dr NickSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
So "Johny" what does your daddy do?

My daddy is Arsn,

he starts fires...

So how long before your sproglings gets a fire toy?

My niece is two and she has a streamer staff already !

She is going to be way too cool for school.

The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
- Infected Mushroom "The Missed Symphony"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dr Nick

So "Johny" what does your daddy do?

My daddy is Arsn,

Your daddy isn't arsn, your daddy is Anthony
Non-Https Image Link

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

gordie3newbie
3 posts

Posted:
anyone have tent space for a complete stranger? biggrin ummmmm i have an accent, thats right i'm a FOREIGNER oOoOooOo

Page: ...