Forums > Social Chat > Where did u get that name.............

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Let's see now: we know most of each other's ages........wouldn't the elucidation of our nicknames make for some gripping bedtime reading? ------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

strawberryfiremember
10 posts

Posted:
(another newbie joins in)it used to be sparki (full name sparki moondust) fun name from high school, but since it was to bloody popular, stole strawberryfire from the name of a song by apples in stereo!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pixy goth...well I used to be a lot gothier than I am now... and I like pixies (the little gnomelikes as well as the band)but the name was thrust upon me by my brother as I stood in the rain in the backyard in the dark, hair all about my face and pupils the size of the moons, if we had two.I don't do "smarties" btw. Why try to make yourself happy with something that makes you ill? confusedp_g xx

funkapotamusmember
1 post

Posted:
okay, well, most of you don't know me, but there'll be a couple of pics of me soon.the nickname you see here is actually my DJ name, so i made that up. the interesting story is how my fire group got it's name.i was spinning at a party for my freind, and i usually wear a shinese outfit similar to bruce lee's.when i finished, my friend, who was slightly inebriated, and had smoked a good deal of weed, proclaimed "yo, those looked like to little food dogs spinning around you!"ever since then, we've been the flaming foo dogs.chris

Shadowblademember
57 posts

Posted:
hmmmm got ta love talking about myself.shadowblade is my online nickname for as long as i can remember, something about being in to vamps goths and blood..........you work the rest out:[

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Kevin Smith anyone?"Olof, bezerk her.""MY LOVE FOR YOU IS TICKING CLOCK BEZERKER!!WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MAKING FUCK BEZERKER!!" grin grin grin grin

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm a girl hence 'Sista' and i'm sure fire speaks for itself.Happy Twirlin' y'allSista

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
CAINED-AND-UNABLE:mmmm............how to explain....????I get Cained......As a result of which my poi turns shite. (Unable). aka: Ganj-Dalf,(a name to commemorate my two fave things. the hobbit, and well.....) tongueDJ Da-Groove, self explanatory i guess grinPoi Boy. stage name grinP.L.U.RC 'n' U

'tropemember
12 posts

Posted:
'trope is short for 'heliotrope' - purportedly the favorite flower of the fire elementals (faeries).

For a charm of pow'rfull trouble.Like a hell-broth, boil and bubble.Double, double, toil and trouble,Fire burn and cauldron bubble. - bill s...

LightWeavermember
4 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...took a test recently regarding the comparative abilities of left and right brain hemispheres.left = structureright = creativityI'm an engineer, though. So my right hemisphere is severely underexercised. Enter the fire poi! My handle reflects how poi make me feel complete, and artistic. Dancing is much more fun when flame is involved!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Huh, I cant open my email so I cant get my password. =Pplastikgirl comes from that dj/producer Richie Hawtin, aka Plastikman. Im a fan, and I think his nickname is cool.But my original nickname is Acid Girl. It just came to my mind one day in 1996. Long time ago!!Im still known as Acid everywhere. But now I think plastikgirl is waaaaay cooler =)

clarkeymember
29 posts

Posted:
Sorry, i feel +vely boring now, my nickname is merely an extension of my surname, Clarke. Clarkeycat is another nickname - this was off a comedy show with Rik Mayall, they decided to invent a fake drug and sell it in this street sketch, it was called Clarkeycat - very funny, anywayz - thats it. grin

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Four words. Eye of the Storm. smile The name of my WH40k website and discussion forum. ------------------((\m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

sundancermember
1 post

Posted:
Got my nickname at a 5 day Trance festival in portugal. Spent the second morning bobing my head up and down so the sun would go back and forth behind the trees. quite amazing. actually several poi spinners there. I highly recomend attending:Boom festival 2002if its half as good as 2000, its worth the trip.WWW.FIRESHAMAN.COM

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
So I know its been forever since anyone has heard from me, got caught up with work and prep for the school year,But anyway- my first name is Nate- N8 is just my way of being diff. from other Nates smile------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I was a Mud addict in high school. Online role playing game. I messed with this really high lvl dude so bad he ended up deleting. My friends thought it was funny, so feeling trumphet with serverly fucking over the top player I took his name :P It's weird when I goto festivals I go around interducing myself as Knagi. It sets me into a differnt mood and everything reverts back to the badass I was in the fantasy worlds. I get really cocky. I spent way to much time playing and I was normally the one leading ppl around. Such as with the poi I haven't been able to run in with someone that was way above my skill level. I have karowind too it's just a name I came up with when I started muding. he's really passive and shy, and way to paranoid. :P Ok I better stop befor you guys start thinking I have alter-ego's. You do. Ahh who said that.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
bumping for the newbies! c'mon - tell us!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Sunshinemember
8 posts

Posted:
Sunshine > fire> warmth> light> you know!The sun just makes everything better! And it is the original fire ball huh?Plus I reckon i am solar powered, i just dont have any energy on grey days like now.sun is life! Fire is life!

Fire is Life~*

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
my nick name because at home all my friends are guys. and if you ask them they will say i am a guys with girl parts. i love playboy, i check out chicks before they do, i'm blunt and to the point, i shop in the guys section, i play video and computer games with them, and a million and a half other reasons that n8 can tell you better than me. and since guys are from mars and technically i'm a girl (on the outside) i'm am the girl from mars smile------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499335)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I dunno why my nickname is Josh...I guess ppl just started calling me that and it stuck.I guess its better than "You little Buggar shutup damn you!"and it sure is easier for ppl to pronounce than my birth name;wetkjswfksdiufsdfn oberfdsnsfwewjntng (III)Josh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well my story is pretty boring. My mum nick-named me “Katinka” when I was a kid. We had a baby names book, whenever we got a new pet we would find a name using this book. Anyway mum noted that the Russian version of my name "Kate" was "Katinka" so she used to call me that along with other various nick-names that are just weird or silly.I used to hate her calling me it when I was a kid, but I like the name now so I use it, but I usually spell it with a "c" just for the coz I can smileSo yeah really boring story - sorry frownOther nicknames I have had over the years have been: Flipper and Gumby, which have their own little story as well.Love and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

693 posts

Posted:
Josh you are a nutter!!You have Josh as a nickname because it’s easier then Joshua,Less syllables smileBut I personally like Joshul or Joshie (which is very cute) *raises eyebrows*HeheheheheLove and light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
colors bright smiles comes from a game i used to play with friends we "hang OUT" and take turns picking titles and then we'd all write a poem to the title. pretty fun a bit like mad libs. anyway a good friend strickland came up with this one and it was the first time the true wordster came out of me i was like a performance poet out of nowhere loved it never did i use as a nick till now cause its been forever since a new oneoldbubblesMICHMICH Dawgvenus browntwirly girlvivmish moshmush(hard u)sista sara

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
...i like gabber music...i like to rave...im 19...im 19 and like to rave to gabber...

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i kind of like the real name wetkjswfksdiufsdfn, now with your first and last can i call you wet ober for short?kate, flipper?

anyone got a light?

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I've had mine since 7th grade (14 years ago). Anyway, my first name is Heidi, my last name Spratt. I had a history teacher that was also the boys football and baseball coach. Well, in class he called role daily. He called most people by their last names (as coaches often do in the states). However, he usually called me and a few others by our first names. One day, he got to my name and instead of calling out "Heidi", he said "Spritie". The whole class laughed and was generally amused. Well, the next day he called me that again, and it stuck. For the remainder of the year, I was known as "Spritie" by my teacher. I had him again for history the next year, and he never once called me by real name. It stuck, and I like it.

693 posts

Posted:
Poz,I used to be known in junior high school as that, because I used to be into Nirvana and I had made myself a Flipper (an old grunge type band) t-shirt just like one Kurt Cobain had. I was also doing gymnastics at the time and was only too eager to show everyone that I could do forward handsprings (flips) during my recess and lunch period. So by wearing a Flipper t-shirt and doing front flips all the time I got called ‘Flipper’. My best-friend at the time, was nick named 'the pixie' because she was a little short-arse and also after the other grungey/punk band ‘The Pixies’. So together we were 'Flipper and the Pixie' we used to write into a number of street mags opinion columns and what not. Won a few prizes and crap for our pieces.So yeah another not so interesting story out of the book of Kate. smileLove and Light ------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
My name as a verb and a noun (depending on the dictionary) In one case it describs a circular, high enegy movment such as and electron around a nuclius, or the motoin of a tornado. It also describes a whirlpool in the ocean. I guess there is even a yearly whirlpool that froms off the north coast of Norway that can swallow a ship, it's name is Maelstrom (thus the noun). Either way it is a violent turning and twisting of high enery. Once agian it depends on which dictionary you use.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
there was this crack head that used to be my neighbor. He would come over and listen to me jam on the keyboard (my own stuff) and he started calling me "Santana" after the musician. When I went to get an email account there was already a santana...so I put the "two" on it.So I got my name from a crack head...so what? LOL grinsome of my other nicknames[wistle britches]- (my grand father gave me that one...don't ask. My brother is whitle dick, because he got circumcised...LOL grin )[buba]-[spear chucker]-lived around grizlly bears as a teenager[monkey boy]-trees, used to be an obsesive compulsive climber...[great white hunter]-venison anyone?[main fito]-[milita dan]-I'm not telling...still trying to get them to stop calling me that...LOL smile[psyco with the gun]-? I still don't know why...honest! must have been "self chaacter reference"[Daniel San]- "best karate still inside...it must be"---my dad...[General]-from a movie we never made, no realy... [Kwizach Haderack (from the book/movie "Dune")- crack head again...but this one has factual basis too. And I almost forgot..."Wrap Master Funk"... fire poi anyone?[This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 05 October 2001).][This message has been edited by santanatwo (edited 05 October 2001).]

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Wormymember
22 posts

Posted:
My little bro couldnt say Jeremy when he was a baby.. and would call me wormy...so its kinda stuck ever since

Page: ...