Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > back/neck spin to quarter steve exit

Login/Join to Participate

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hey guys, im playing around with a whole series of horizontal contact staff stuff - i understand most of the moves and what i need to do - but one always eludes me.

i can half & quarter steve most of the time, but im having major trouble going from a back spin [where the staff is happily rotating on my shoulders] to getting the staff down one side of my neck so i can stand up and finish off with the quarter steve.

im experimenting with hunching my head down at the last minute so the staff rolls a bit towards my neck, and have also experimented with rotating my body a bit in the same direction as the staff to slow things down a bit, but havent worked out anything reliable yet.

any tips? or previous threads that i have missed?

thanks guys. hug

EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1095396286)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
try standing up straight puffing out your chest (for good posture) and doing a normal neck wrap, as the staff touched your neck duck you head down looking at the ground (try and maintain good posture back if you have to lean forward a little but the point it to get the staff to spin on your neck not your back) so that the staff rotates on your neck then put your head back up and the rest is your normal stevey motion.

im sure theres threads somewhere on it but u know, come for a visit to adelaide sometime in december or there after

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*shakes head*

but neither of you will look cool doing it wink

Step (el-nombrie)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
your coming back to oz? cool! i was thinking about travelling a bit in oz at the end of the year.

mech? silly! ubblol

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ahhh! got it thanks!!

incidently, is there a simplified name for move that ive seem in a couple of vids [mb knox or bluecat?] which - in goes
in horizontal plane: shoulder-neck-shoulder-armpit-shoulder-neckfront-shoulder?
its that one which you really have to twist your body around to get the staff around the armpit?

is there a common simplified name?

thnx hug

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
monster roll I think - or perhaps matrix.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ubblol thanks! monster roll seems appropriate!

looking forward to spinning with you at earthcore!! biggrin

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah man - tis going to be awesome! make sure to come down for longer than just the party - then we can have a few good daytime spins....things get hectic during the party I find. smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!