Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
paul just get the 11:30 on sat, im sure thigns will be just about getting good about then for 330 so you'll be fine, pluslex is bringing strongbow pies hooray

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
and by the way why am is till up!!! its 4am and i have a lecture in 4 hours ish!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if anyones ees me posting at crude hours slap my ass yeh?

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Oh alright then - I assumed things were kicking off earlier than 3..

Sweet - I'll see you all there biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes there will be ppl in the park from 2 like me, soph, dunc, lollie and a few others i think, but by no means does that mean you should not come!

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Exactly... im there from the Friday until the monday.

You shall see enough of me i can assure you!

smile

Durbs.

Get your tits on the bus!!!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: Unsaturated Carpets Of Freedom

Durbs.

Get your tits on the bus!!!

jon stope stealing my phrases!\ biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Stope?

Who is this mystical stope?

has anyone ever seen them?

No?

then how do you know they exist Mech?

tongue

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Quick urgent question for Sheffielders

Where abouts is the "Sheffield Travel Interchange" which is where the National Express busses arrive.
Is it ok to get a bus there or is it miles out the way?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Too late..

I've booked the tickets
biggrin

Add to the list a Durbs and a ParafinFairy (who is lovely and sexy and not at all fat as I've been saying in the past)
smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
durbs the sheff interchange is in the middle of the city, and ita bout a 5 mins walk to the park, or you could catch a bus up or ill come down and get you and take you back up there, it all depends get hold of me on a pm to sort it out ok?!

Step (el-nombrie)

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Woo hoo!!

Durbs, enough of the sarcasm!! smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yey parafinfaire is comming, at last i get to meet the lex biggrin

oh and durbs is comming to!

Step (el-nombrie)

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Oh dear looks like i'm abit late to be saying this but just decided to go up to sheffield for this and have 3 spare spaces in a car leaving for Guilford/London area so if any of you want a lift instead of missioning it up by public transport let me know.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
:rolleyes:

30mins too late - arse smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol

ubblol

Ring up national express saying you have to cancel due to a death.. friend or family, you can choose.

Its the only way the cancle tickets.

and durbs.. its : rollSeyes :

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
not the best timing T & B,

durbs me requires help with the damn contact juggling butterfly!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wohooo!! tim, lex and durbs are coming! biggrin bounce

did you book them for fri or sat? i'm arriving at the sheffield interchange on fri and have no idea where it is. as i also have no idea where harcourt road, encliffe park or even sheffield is i suppose it doesn't really matter though... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
all i know is im arriving at sheffield station,

so calling all sheffielders, is there only one sheffield station?? and if so does anyone fancy meeting there on friday? i need to know how to get to the park n im crap at calling ppl n getting directions

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
it's not my fault am dislexsic

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
If i remember....

Its miles from the park...

But that might have been because we were going really slwoly inght ecar and we did stop for munchies.

umm

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
because jon is normally intoxicated can someone else tell me wink

he he sorry jon, your probably right

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had just been on a train for 3 hours.

I was as sober as a tee-totaler.

smile

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I'm looking forward to meeting you lot. We're not getting there til Sat though...

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
shame you'll miss the pre PiP party lex,oh well, at least your not coming on sunday wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Jon , its not that far away, its about 10-20 mins honest wakling from teh town center...

if you are getting teh bus in, or the train, it will be alot easier for you to catch teh bus up to teh park from the town center next to virgin, than it would be to try and walk it to teh park...

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
give me two mins and ill do you all some detailed directions and instructions

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
OK......DIRECTIONS

ok as you arrive at the train station, youwill see the uni in front of you!

if you arrive at the bus station, you will be able to see the uni library (pic below)

Non-Https Image Link

you want to head up the hill out of the stations, if you are in the train station you will head out , and up the road, through the road works past the side of the nelson mandella building....

you will see a hill leading up toward hallam uni,

if you have come out of the train station, dont go into any of the interchange main building, stay in the maze of shelters

you will prob be kicked out right infront of the large set of steps, inside one of the shelters, continue up towards the the front of the bus station, each bus shelter is all numbered a,b,c,d and so on, head for shelter a and then you will be facing the uni building, head left out and walk down the street and you will come to the NMB, the student union, you are now facing the same hill

Non-Https Image Link

basically if you come out of the train station, look right down the road, and go across, and walk through the bus station, and then get to oundstreat and take a left to the uni, or stright over the roads infornt of you as you come out, and then round the NMB and up teh hill

Buses - come out of the bus head up the bus shelters to pond street, and youw ill have the uni gym infornt of you, take a left and head to teh roads traffic light about a 100 yrds on the left, then head up the hill.....

it has a pub on teh corner, i cant remebr the name, but its good for breakie!

go up the hill, and try to carry on going up, you will come to the old (now being rebuilt) entrance to teh sheff hallam uni, just outside of it is a large circle area, and then steps up, follow these steps up, and you will come off them, right next to a main road and a crossing right infront of you as a single crossing...go across this, and up the ramp next to teh art gallery

you are now nearly in town...GO STARTIGHT AHEAD!

if you carry going straight you will go past a pub, a flower shop the winter gardens (that looks like the hull of noahs arc upside down in eth ground) you will go past the halifax pub, and then you will go past a tabbaco shop, and a GM corner shop, you should come out of this street and see Virgin mega store infront of you

there is a bus stop right next to the virgin store, i dont knwo the bus number yet, ill get that offlollie laters

hope this is ok for all of you

please go heer, (my gallery) for a map to show a lil better

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Sorry T&B wasn't having a go smile
Sod's law - that's all biggrin

Mr. Mech - I can cope with a 5 min walk I reckon, depends how much stuff I bring of course biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
durbs, to be honest, its more like a 30 min walk, i just didnt want to put you off!

look

multimap

these directions are from sheff uni where you will be getting in, going to hunetr house road, which as far as i can think/see is right opposite the park we will be playing in

if ths link does not work, go to multi map, and then directions, and then type in

sheffield hallam uni

and

hunter house road

and it will show you directions

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
i take it u mean 30 min walk from the train station??

Page: ......