Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
i'll be in fancy dress but I don't know which meet I'll be at yet! Brighton sounds ace too confused What should I do?

I'll deffo be in fancy dress where ever I'll be....it's all arranged and will look brilliant. Just have to find suitable fireproof hair biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*considers ways of tempting bug up to sheffield. then considers just kidnapping him to save the effort* wink hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bug if you go to hseff, you can crash at mine on teh way home if you like, or you can go to brigton, and spend longer getting there and lesstime playing wink

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
hmmmm....good point Step. Brighton is about 5 hours away I think, sheff is only 2 and steps house is halfway....mmmmmmm.......ok I think Sheffeild may be getting the swinging vote, helped greatly by those lovely new LED poi that are gonne be there ubblove I can't wait to have a wee play with them biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yey step's coming! biggrin everyone's gonna be there bug, hopefully it's gonna be the biggest PITP for ages! and i'm almost definate that those new led poi will be out on display.... ubblove

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*puts hand up* oooOOOoooo me me pick me, ill come if i can crash at steps and not end up wearing my dessert

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i pick the aussie boy with the big sticks.... hug double yay with a foot fishtail!!! biggrin biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
*would make witty comment but currently tied up and gagged in Dubbs boot en-route to....I can't see it's dark*

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
I'll be there with a few peeps in tow

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah, sure, custom, ben you are both wlecome to crash at mine if you need to, but you will prob have to beg narr if you want a good bed wink, as she will be in mine, and you wont get a look in now!

anyways...yeah i think ill be hittin sheff up for this one i hope, cool as man!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
more like she'll be kicking you out so me & Ben can get all cosy and warm with her in the night! wink tongue

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah right what ever mate, oh wait what will george be doin the....ill go keep her warm biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
She'll be rubbing our backs with oil and lighting the candles to get us all in the mood wink

hallystranger
5 posts

Posted:
I'll be there. Can't wait biggrin

Kris-t-fire

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ooooo oil candles beds mmmmm well im definately there biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
An esteemed line-up attending. Count me in biggrin

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: C@ntus

An esteemed line-up attending. Count me in biggrin

cantus no offence but i understand that about

onewheeldave, lolli, solice, mr si, tempest (both the poi and staff wings of the tempest teams),

but then there will be me, ben and custom as well, and we are neither deisgusied or good, well i am, those two are idiots wink

Step (el-nombrie)

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hes right you know duncan and i are both rubbish

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yeah we suck, can't argue with that. I'm still working on that "weave" move you all keep talking about ubbangel But soon I'll nail it and then I'm going for the butterfly! biggrin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ah well i won't bother turning up then

Meh

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
OH NO!!! eek I've just realised the worst thing, the sphercularhop ball day thingumy is the same weekend I'm working at Alton Towers for the fireworks frown so I won't be able to make it up unless of course you'll all still be there at about 1am waiting especially for us to show ubbangel

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Us?

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I was at the first - I'll be at this one biggrin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I didn't go to the 1st one. But i was at the second one. And the snowy one where nobody came cept me Orange, PK and a stalwart few others.....

Spiral, as i seem to remember, was still in bed for that one.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ooh i forgot to mention. I've invited Mistress Noona. But whether she'll remember to come is a different matter.

Meh

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
How did i only just see this thread?

Alas i can't make it. I did go to a Sheffield meet once upon a time. I seem to remember sleeping on a matress in a small corridor with Justine... ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: Custom Bug

OH NO!!! eek I've just realised the worst thing, the sphercularhop ball day thingumy is the same weekend I'm working at Alton Towers for the fireworks frown so I won't be able to make it up

dude, am i gonna have to kidnapp you again? umm i hope i don`t have to come all the way back from france just to spank yo ass...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Surely we can hang round til 1am to meet him can't we? specially if he promises to bring lots of other soot covered spinners, fresh from entertaining the unapreciative crowds at Alton Towers, with him....

Do Messrs Dill and Greg still run the trancey thing (that i forget the name of)in the pub (that i can't remember the name of either) near Endcliffe on saturday nights - you wouldn't know i lived in sheffield for 4 years would you smile - cos we could retire to that for a while to kill some time whilst were waiting...

Meh

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Would like to go, but I got no-one to stay with frown
Unless anyone has a 8x8 spot I can pitch me tent...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've got no one to stay with either. I'm going anyway. Someone's bound to turn out to be nice....surely...?

Meh

Page: ...