Page:
melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
this is a pretty crazy and rather depressing statistic that i picked up from the july 2002 harper's magazine index pg. 11

"the amount congress allocated blue springs, missouri, this spring to help the town combat "gothic culture": $237,437"

"miles from blue springs to the nearest gothic cathedral: 4,280"

talk about a f*cked up way to spend taxpayer money!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think it's a fruit tree.

The whole time cube thing from Maeon's thread has completely thrown me now. I can't remember what reality is....

Meh

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
i'm with sorchatheflaming on this.

anyone who thinks goth culture is about being all dressed in black and acting unhappy = "Just Another Fashion Victim" tm.

the dress comes into it, in the same way as wearing baseball caps or all stars or huge trousers with some other subcultures, BUT in the end it is about the bands, no? and as far as i can tell, any band that's halfway 'goth' in my humble opinion would be quite embarassed to admit that they started a "movement" taken so seriously by so many - "bela lugosi" (bauhaus) was intended as a joke.

as to the fields, carl mccoy apparently HATED the idea of being lumped in with other goth bands, considering the fields more of a rock band.

who gives a f what you wear, what you listen to etc. to chotys, if you were offended by the goth-mocking post, you definitely missed the point. if you can't laugh at yourself, as a goth tm, what the f can you laugh at?

sorry this was so off topic but i needed to unload that. goth might remain a subculture if it weren't dragged kicking and screaming into the sunlight of mainstream fashion. save yourselves while you still can.
i'm so goth i died and i didn't even notice

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
i'm with sorchatheflaming on this.

anyone who thinks goth culture is about being all dressed in black and acting unhappy = "Just Another Fashion Victim" tm.

the dress comes into it, in the same way as wearing baseball caps or all stars or huge trousers with some other subcultures, BUT in the end it is about the bands, no? and as far as i can tell, any band that's halfway 'goth' in my humble opinion would be quite embarassed to admit that they started a "movement" taken so seriously by so many - "bela lugosi" (bauhaus) was intended as a joke.

as to the fields, carl mccoy apparently HATED the idea of being lumped in with other goth bands, considering the fields more of a rock band.

who gives a f what you wear, what you listen to etc. to chotys, if you were offended by the goth-mocking post, you definitely missed the point. if you can't laugh at yourself, as a goth tm, what the f can you laugh at?

sorry this was so off topic but i needed to unload that. goth might remain a subculture if it weren't dragged kicking and screaming into the sunlight of mainstream fashion. save yourselves while you still can.
i'm so goth i died and i didn't even notice

maeonmember
40 posts

Posted:
I went out with a gothic (who had a very gothic family) for nigh on five (5) years. I don't hate gothics though.

A good friend and I defined it this way:
gothic: long drawn out and pointless
punk: big bright colourful and making a statement

In ecological terms
tree's are mostly gothic
parrots are mostly punk
But there are whole thousands of other animals and plants around the world that we are destroying.

I'm personally playing off my two favourite animals in my head as celebrity death match.
armidillo vs chameleon.

It works for me. What gothic/punk animals do you have working for you?

kooobles,

maeon.

Where in the world is the island I'm on?

Page: