The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
Well my brother-in-law came home last thursday (8-5-04) for his leave from the US Navy. He was going to be here for 3 weeks, well last night (8-9-04) we got "the call"! He now has 48 hours to return to his ship in Japan! Needless to say my wife is worried sick, as is his fiancee (wife to be in two days) and his parents. The thing is i grew up in a military family, and to me this is just part of his job. I have two friends over there already in the Army.

I guess the whols point to this is what my wife said last night after we heard the news....she said "I thought this war was supose to be over?" and that got me thinking, yea i thought it was too?.....How much longer are we going to be stuck in an oil driven war??!!?!? I know there are people in the world that think this war was justifyed, well I don't see it......I'm not saying I'm right about it, but I don't see the justification of being in a country that does not want us there, and that has the starts of their own Gov. Our time there was up June 28th, yet Bush still sends our family members over there! WHY??..........Look I really just needed to vent, so now I have, the thing is I won't feel better till ALL of the US troops are home with their families.......thanx

p.s. to all US residents that read this, if you are 18 or over PLEASE VOTE, even its for Bush, just vote!! shrug

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
Get a job hippy.

Who is he getting married to?
Nicki ?

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

1,489 posts

Posted:
yea nikki like as of wed.......i have job, its just boreing

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
If he's going to Japan it's probably more about North Korea than the middle east.

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

1,489 posts

Posted:
No his ship is docked in Japan, trust me man, hes on a marine transport. his ship takes marines to iraq, and then stays there for a few mounths while other marines get on to go home