Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Gorgeous!
Thanks so much. kiss ubbrollsmile

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

580 posts

Posted:
so when is this utrecht plan?

friday huh? how bout next week friday, so not this coming one, but the week after?
other suggestions? maybe a small one before that somewhere else? den haag we havent been to for a while..

stick

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
yeah a meeting in Den Haag!!!!!!!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
so uh you mean the one just before autumn break? that be cool..

also the hague would be great.. when? i have the week after autumn break exams so shoulsd be a bit quiet after that.. though wheather is hopefully still good...

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

HakkaiBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
How's everyone going?

wat een gek lange thread zeg! zieuuuuw

- if it hurts, it's probably worth it -

ThomasfireKing of potatoes
169 posts

Posted:
Hey there Hakkai, what's up and welcome!

Eeeer...since I don't have school, when's your guys' autumn-break? If all goes, I should be alble to make it to both meets. How about the The Hague-meet just after your break, and the Utrecht -meet the week after? Also, it might be a plan to have both meets in one weekend, on the count of your break...you know, I'm hust spitballin' but I might be a plan!

Also friday...meaning the 14th if I'm correct sounds good, though still, as I mentioned before, it's gonna be difficult because I gotta work and after that travel, so I will be late, say 6/7 'o clock? Maybe later. And that isn't quite the problem, but I don't know my way around in Utrecht. If it was in Haarlem it would be different, but this one is tricky. Anyway, my whole point is...I'd rather have a meet Saturday (If it's not in Amsterdam, or some other city where I know my way around)

Thomas

Duhanewbie
3 posts

Posted:
What about meeting this weekend? Saturday 8 or Sunday 9... Utrecht?

169 posts

Posted:
It's not gonna happen for me, I've got plans allready

Thomas

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Heeeyy guys, wassup?
How's about we do a Nijmegen-meet first so Nove's host-parents can see we're really all quite harmless and then she might be allowed to come to other meets as well? Mebbe next Sunday, the 16th, 15:00 at Nijmegen station?

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
ooooh yes, good idea!
have her host parents poor hot coco for about 20 scruffy hippies smelling like parafin, leaving black marks all over their new white couch...

wink

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
A meet in The hague would definately be a go-go. Maybe we can do a zuiderpark meet? If the weather is shitty we can stay at my place (which is a 15 minute walk from the zuiderpark)...

Maybe the autumn vacation is a good idea... but when is that actually for normal people? (As in: non-university people ;-p )

So... any clear plans for the next few meets? Utrecht, The Hague, Amsterdam... all good to me... cuz i have a burning desire to play with fire! :-D

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm well yes the 14th.. but i am in doubt if anyone is about to show up....

well the autumn break is the week thereafter wink

and anyway my bday is the 23 so i was figuring to get a couple of friends together on the 22 on the beach if the weather is nice... everyone here is welcome to.. so that is 22 the hague

Mike

(it works)

169 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I think people aren't interrested in the 14th. The week after then? say saturday? In utrecht??? Or are people realy found on The Hague? If so, I'm not sure I can make it. Let's wait and see!

Thomas

835 posts

Posted:
But... but.... people, Nove, exchange poi spinner from Canada and veteran of these boards is stuck in Wijchen near Nijmegen until we hold a meet there so her host parents can see we don't eat cute fluffy things for breakfast! Can't we hold a meet in Nijmegen first, so she can come to other meets as well after that? On Sunday (16th) afternoon or sumfin?

hug

Neph

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Not the 16th...
Me and Telp won't be there then.
Would be a shame, I always love to meet people we don't often get to meet.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Sorry about the temporary absence... My laptop was down for the count and needed to be repaired. But I'm back now!

Anyway-- if not the 16th, when? Saturday might work, but it's really short notice and I'm going to France on the 17th until the 22nd (with the hostfamily) but I'm available the weekend after that... So you guys could plan something for this one without me.

My chains and fire heads got stolen last weekend, too, so I may have to borrow someone else's (otherwise all I have are flags), unless I order some before that or manage to find a place here where I can buy the material to make 'em... I miss my fire poi. Sigh.

Just my two (euro) cents.

Oh, and Neph! hug for thinking about me! biggrin kiss

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

580 posts

Posted:
hey nove..

sorry to hear about your fire poi.. in nijmegen i wouldnt know of a juggling shop or something that sells kevlar, but for chains and screws and stuff you could go to gamma. its a massive hardware store practically in every city. so probly nijmegen too.
kevlar you can get, as far as i know, either in amsterdam or utrecht.. utrecht is probly closer for you. its on the nachtegaalstraat, just ask around.. its one of the main streets running through utrecht, and its called H.D. van der Meijden, and has boardgames and stuff in the window. for amsterdam you could better ask the a'dam crowd like thomasfire or pOp

good luck!!

stick

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
Hi Nove,

You can try https://www.circuswinkel.nl/circusartikelen/index.html
in Nijmegen.
www.luchtwerk.nl is in Rotterdam, but they have got kevlar for sure. Maybe you can go to the juggleday Sunday 23rd october in Deurne. I expect Luchtwerk will be there. Ask them to be sure.

John

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
sunday sounds like a cool plan, even if it is just a small meet smile Lets dance at the weather gods. Mind you saturday is fine too.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

marco.cjmember
126 posts

Posted:
psstt... you guys are not supposed to know yet since it is not yet completely 100% sure that it's going to happen. But plans and talk are now getting to a point that if it's not going to happen there and then, then it wont happen at all untill somewhere in spring with nicer weather. Since I want you all to come i'm already leaking the date to you to put in your agenda's and plan for your attendance.

Sooo... what's this all about?

Well remember the idea about a vbm (verry big meet) from a couple of pages back on this forum? That idea did not just dissapear in the dark corners of the thread. Some guys picked it up (Tom, Telpeva, Fuero and me) and are trying to make it happen.

The ideas we have floating around are going to make a kick ass relaxed HoP meet wich you don't want to miss.

If it is (and it is increasingly looking that it will) going to happen then it'll be the evening/night and morning of 17-18 december.

Please keep that date open to come to this event!

It will be indoors with a really cozy lounge and sitting area with entertainment from your spinning and juggling friends. It will be in a really big shed (so pleanty of space to juggle) but the sitting area will be made in such a way that you don't notice the shed at all.

There is space outside the shed to spin your favorite firetoys (and since it is middle of winter by then,.. you can come back inside to warm yourself bevore you dip your poi in the lampoil for a second run).

Ofcourse blacklight will be present for the UV and glow in the dark freaks (like me).

Will you come to the vbm?

marco
EDITED_BY: marco.cj (1129270634)

~Look into the sphere Sarah,.. it can show you your dreams,...

Baarnewbie
39 posts

Posted:
And on the same day there will be a Midwinter Fair at the Archeon in Alpen a/d Rijn as a warming up, see
https://www.archeon.nl/index.htm

169 posts

Posted:
Ow! I like the sound of this vbm! I surely will be present....and since not everybody knows where it's gonna be, I might be handy to name a place. If I know the right adress I could make a map for people not used to the area, and link it to the forum.

About the 16th, well, that's a no-go for me, a birthday it interfearing this plan. I won't coem to Nijmegen anyway, it;s to far to be since I don't have a car and no OV. Sory about that. Eeerr...after you guys've gone to Nijmegen a meet then? Let's say the 2th1 of 22th? I plaid for Utrecht :-)

Anwways, I really wish alloya A bunch of fun in Nijmegen and try to convince Nove's exchange-parents that we're not the same hippies of 40 years ago :-) And that we're not evil :-) So once again, good luck and lot's of fun!

And and Nove, if you might be in Amsterdam for some reason and decide to buy Kevlar, the place to be is the Juggle Store!

https://www.juggle-store.com/
juggle

Theu are located best to the Waterlooplein, in the Staalstraat number 3. But there's a route on the site leading you to the store form the Central Station.
And and and...beware of the opening times! They ight be closed on the most anoying times! Anyway, good luck building new poi!

Thomas

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Well me and neph are thinking about heading over to nijmegen tomorrow (sunday), If anyone else feels like it how about 15.00 in nijmegen central. Then I guess we'll have to find the nearest park around.

PM on the way, nove smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Intalamember
86 posts

Posted:
VBM! VBM!!!! Yahoo.... I"ll mark those dates in my calender now.

Love, Intala

Practise Harry, practise

169 posts

Posted:
Well, I say, have a lotta fun in Nijmegen today.
And what I said about next weekend...I got a little enthousiastic I guess, so I forgot I allready got two parties going on on teh 21th and th 22th, so unless there's gonna be a meet in Amsterdam I can't be there...it's a hard live :-)

Thomas

TzabiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey Yáll,
I arrived in Holland yesterday and I might stay here for a while..
I would like to spin with the local group if there is one in Den Haag.
And if any of you know the rules about street performance here and where is a good place to do fire shows I will apreciate it...

hope to hear from you soon,
The Guy....

p.s. I read that someone said that his poi was stolen..
I am sorry but i might help, I have spare Kevlar with me for my gear and if you want to get it from me its fine by me

835 posts

Posted:
Hi Tzabi, welcome where are you from?
There's a few people around Den Haag, there's a list [Old link] , but I think it's a little out of date. Keep watching this thread for planned meets!

hug

Neph

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
hmm so was anyone going to show up saturday?

not been to nijmegen frown sowwy will we be meeting there again(?) soon for the introductions or.. well wink

hey tzabi see you had already found it wink:):)

(it works)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Tzabi! I live in Den Haag and up for a small meet (welcoming foreigners is a good thing wink )... altough the locals (telpeva, fuero, etc.) are all kinda busy... there should be some time and day to meet up with a few fella's.

So... when is your plan to meet up? How long are you gonna stay? Good places for fire shows are Spuiplein... and the Zuiderpark is very nice... though the rules for streetperformance are quite simple: if it looks dangerous (fire does :P ) you'll get your butt kicked by the police... though they merely give out warning ("please pack your stuff and leave!").

See ya 'round...

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

TzabiBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
I am Free whenever,

donno how long will i stay here.

I am from Israel and have been travelling for 20 months around the world, sponsering myself by doing fire shows...

I am not as good as i have seen so many people but i did see different styles in different continents and picked up various things...

you guys say when and where and i will be there....

Page: ......