Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
"I'll be there" = we meet indeed at the times just specified?

This will be your first acryllic right??? Hope I will get mine for christmas *sigh*

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
If you arrive at Rotterdam, then go to the Pizzahut on the station, then I'll meet you there.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Devil - Dmember
72 posts

Posted:
Respect to you all! It's sooo cold! Only alcohol can save you tonight, I guess.

Anyway, good luck!

For everyone:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
just for everyone not being able to make it tonite (and the rest of HoP)

happy holidays winkmerry x-mas and a happy new year.

to the rest at least we picked nice weather to sit inside biggrin
Mickey_D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
We're still going to try it tonight. I just want to CJ with Mot.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to all the wonderful Dutch poips!!

Hope you have a great festive season and perhaps I will see you all again in 2005!

Take care, best wishes and I hope Santa brings you kevlar and beer biggrin

hug
xx

Getting to the other side smile

580 posts

Posted:
hey mot, thankx again for letting me crash at your place..

i slept like a baby on that fouton (sp?) biggrin biggrin

probly see you all next year!!! beerchug

have a good one!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
There we're pictures taken at the meet and here's a link to them.

https://nadine.no-ip.com/index.php?Path=/Poi%20Fire/3%20HOP%20meeting%2022-12-2004&Start=0

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
So im officially going to be in holland from the 14th to the 16th

anyone wanna go for a spin in utrecht? biggrin

Love is the law.

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Ehh, HELL YEAH.
I'm up for it.
I think you mean the 14th and 16th of january.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
yep smile

Love is the law.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
No probrems stickman, anytime.
Some of those photos are cool enough man,

14 to the 16th sounds cool man, I'll be up for a session then too biggrin

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I hope I can make it. Can we try and work out some details?

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hello wave
Right hows about a session in utrecht on the 15th of january, and yes that is a saturday to all ye student scum biggrin A session in the park and then we can hit the town afterwards. Any takers?

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
What time?

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Hello there;

Finally I' ve found my way unto this website for I' m lousy with computers. Would like to thank everyone that went to the meeting last wednesday, it was an inspiring meeting for me though I can' t Poi or do staff very good at all, at least i' ve seen some wicked moves now which even I once will master... haha probably going to be there again the15th! Hope to see you all again then!

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
For the people who are interested: there will be a SpringFire/Firedance with easter at Ruigoord(Amsterdam-west) which is a spiritual gathering with fire as its main element. Everyone dances, plays drums,rattlers,shakers and/or sings for a whole night around a huge fire. There is always a "silent area" where people can juggle or play softer instruments like mouthharps.

Ruigoord itself is an artistvillage which is known for its freeminded athmosphere, spectaculair parties (weekly in their pagan church) and lovely festivals, like Landjuweel, a five-day-festival filled with all arts! If one gets the chance of going there thou must celebrate this lovely piece of (Hol)land...
Greetings Moondance

NoortjeBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
yeah!!! I would like to go to ruigoord!! tell me...whene and what time????

greetings noortje

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Bra-q & Moondance -> Welcome here, fun to see you on the internet too >
Noortje -> You've Posted something!!! I'm so proud of you wink

I can not make it the 15th of januari frown, I already have an other appointment...
But the Ruigoord firedance (is that for the occasion of Ostara?) sounds interesting, when is it exactly???

580 posts

Posted:
the ruigoord firedance sounds really sweet! same question as telp, when is it exactly??

the 15th of jan is fine for me.. my intro for UCU only starts on the 17th, so its poifect. (haha, never realised the connection.. pretty neat!)

grts

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Wow how nice that you're all that interested!!!
It will be held 26-27 March but exact date and time will come your way as soon as I know..! If you would like to read something about it at: www.heavenonearth.nu there you will find some info about it and a report of last years adventure written by one of the two americans who came to lead this 1st firedance/springfire. Everyone is invited no matter what religion,color,country, a free celebration of the
spring-equinox but most of all the spirit of fire...

Telpeva Isil; are you used to celebrate the pagan feasts? I organize nightly gatherings and celebrations so whose interested in that just let me know... Imbolc is 2nd of Februari...

By the way shall I try to arrange some percussion players for the meeting 15th of januari? Could be nice aye...

LeifGOLD Member
56 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fuero

Got a new trick myself: it's like holding the two poi together and then go under your feet. I stole it from the taming fire vids.

mad2 You dirty theif, I've been looking for that move ever since it went missing! JK biggrin I think the move you are discussing is the horizontal butterfly jump-over. A lot of people seem to like that move and I know I am one of them.

What else can I say? TamingFire.Com

580 posts

Posted:
well folks,

i hope you all had a wonderful christmas. I did except for the fact that i got really sick.

may all your wishes come true for 2005. im sad to say im on my way, wont be back for many a-day. im leaving for vienna tomorrow, so ill be seeing you all in the new year! its been a great year, and i really enjoyed meeting and spinning with you all.

grouphug

-Floris-

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
You can give a little extra to the jump by giving a mae-geri (front kick) while you're in the air btw... One of my signature moves after I f*cked up smile

and Moondance, Paganism is an (old) interest of me, but we'll discuss that next time we'll meet wink

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Anyhow, in one hour I will step into the bus, on my way to snowboard land ubblove...
So I wish you a nice vacation/celebration on the 31st, and hope to see all of you and more next year!!

3003christmas-poi

wavewavewave

Mickey_DMember
84 posts

Posted:
wow already so many nights ligned up... good smile

not sure if i can make march, it is a bit far away to know for sure shrug

but ill come in feb (and of course the january 15 one smile)

january 15
i found 7 a bit early (even if i was early) so maybe 7:30/8:00 a good time for everyone??? again in front of the burger king?

Mickey_D

If you cant dezzle them with brilliance..
Confuse them with stupidity!!

(it works)

Bra-QSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I actually thought 7 was a bit late. I prefer earlier. But thats just me

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Earlier would be fine, later as well... Though its nicer for the people who don' t live that near to Utrecht to start earlier, so they don' t have to go away that early... Besides that there are more people coming the 15th!!! Whieuw! Everyone who didn' t make it wednesday hopefully comes the 15th... Would be very gezellig hehe Shall I still try to get us some live music the 15th?

Anyone going to a nice party at the end of this year? I' m still open for ideas for I don' t have a clue what to visit that night...

Telpeva Isil that' s ok tongue we'll do that!

Noortje you can come to Ruigoord anytime, just check their agenda next year for the new party-information, if I' m able to, I will join ya for some sweet partytime! For its always a nice place to go...!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Wow Ruigoord, I remeber spinning glow sticks there all night about a year and a half ago, i was a super party, really chilled out and freindly.

Earlier on the 15th is no problem with me, the only downside is that it'll be quite cold, but hell we'll have to be strong. Ican understand if you have to travel for hours that you'd want to start alittle earlier. Hmm say around 5 or something then? maybe the late straglers can join us later then.

Moondancemember
65 posts

Posted:
Downsides??? Haha the cold won' t make us melt either, so just dress warm enough and bite through it devil Five would be fine and as long as we make sure everyone can find the " juggle-hideout" everyone who comes later on will find it! For it is a saturday anyway, we can always warm up in a coffeeshop or whatever peace

Maybe the next location for a spinning night will be Ruigoord, probably no problem at all but I'll ask about that as soon as I can, for I know quite some people who are always active there... For Ruigoord is (to me) still the very best spot in this tiny country because of its freeminded, multicultural en pleasant spirit...

Page: ......