Forums > Social Chat > Anyone Goto Glastonbury?

Login/Join to Participate

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
hey anyone goto glastonbury this year?
was gr8! anyone goto the kids feild and c the guys doin poi?
it was me! smile juggle ubbangel

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
me me me me. i was there smile

cant remember what i saw

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
kewl, we went 4 free got the preformer treatment smile

was gr8!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
coool did you see anyone waving red socks about?

if you did it was me probably.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
lol i think so,
did you see 3 guys in boiler suits and fluresent jackets?
it was us, we ad them on 2 find each other in the crowds but everyone fort we were stewerds! lol

StarlyStarBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
I was there, think i may of seen you, we went in the kids field everyday.my photos are here https://star.telford.ws/slideshow/slideshow.php?id=glastonbury_04

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
kewl pics but i didnt c me frown, we were in the green and yellow tent doin workshops 4 the kids

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I was there, I had black/white stripey socks but I missed nearly everything else so unsurprisingly didn't see you there rolleyes

I like your pikkars star! smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I was there with me Cole, Hels Bells, Aliefox, Diz, DsAds and heaps of others smile

I didn't get to see Mr CB though frown

Lisa
x

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
frown I didn't get to see Bams either hug Sometime soon tho honey I promise!! I may be making a spitz appearence in August bounce

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
bug u bugger u KNOW u going to glasto this year is a figment of yer imagination! spent the whole weekend lookin fer ya! hehe.

met durbs bluecat soph n a few others but alas, didnt see bug. ran into a few poiers not from ere too, had a fab time...cept for sunday night when some gimp nicked 4 litres of fuel from me.

i played with my poi in the stone circle at 3.30 am on tuesday ( its stopped raining for about 20 mins!) as i went with some trader friends...anyone else beat me to it?

It's smashing to be back x

rarrBRONZE Member
rrragghh!
121 posts

Posted:
I was there smile forgot all my juggling equipment though frown watched quite a bit of the fire poi/staff etc on the first night in the stone circle.. very cool...

poi_boySILVER Member
stranger
42 posts

Posted:
i was there... where i got into poi!!!
hey by chance any of you part of the group of bout 3 poi'ers poi'in along at the radio1 stage on thur eve, not sure what time but it was dark... like 10/11 prob???
if u were u were the ppl that got me into poi!!

easy ! ;p every days a festival!

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
i was on the stage yeah! it may av bin me on at that time cant remember much it was late :S but kick ass if i got u in2 poi! smile

poi_boySILVER Member
stranger
42 posts

Posted:
lovley lovley... well if it was,
ta smile

easy ! ;p every days a festival!

TKOFmember
44 posts

Posted:
noddy had a very goooooood time why dont you share with the rest of the class boyo lol (chris let noddy come with us)

the end is nigh and now comence the time of the retarded badger

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
I didn't go to Glastonbury... =/ But I'm heading there on Tuesday..well into the Town and up the Tor... again.. Lovely place...especialy the Chalice Wells Garden, wonder if they'll let us spin in there.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i met a guy from the kids field that spun double staff. he offered to let me use his solar powered aerotech charger, that wasn't you was it? i'm just trying to remember his name... umm

..anyway, him, oli, elasta, matthewbm, myself and a few others were the ones spinning in the circle on weds night. i was the one who's poi fire broke everytime he had a spin frown. eventually got a good go on sun morning with bugs set though! smile thanks mate hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
any time brother hug You should try them now I have my new home made two finger monkey fist handles wink They will only be bettered once i get my money fist wicks!

Elasta was at Glasto?? Goddam that's someone else I didn't bump into there! Sheesh rolleyes

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I want to go in a couple of years so I might as well ask this now.

Any survival tips? (Beyond "have a good time" -- I figured that one out already biggrin )

I mean things like things to see, how early to turn up, how not to get ripped off, things to take, anything useful really

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Rainbow BrightSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
I went for the 7th time this year (God,I love that place!)and would like to thank all the Poi and Fire Spinners that I've seen there over the years, you guys are fantastic,and you've got me hooked!
I've had some fabric poi for about a year now,bin practising like a wavy armed nutter,but getting better and better.Bought my 2 girls some from Glasto this year,but kicking myself coz I didnt buy myself sum fire chains while I was there!.But hey,theres plenty of time.I will get some,and I'll se you all in the stone circle,at sunrise,next year! (cant wait!!!) peace ubblove

More colourful than a box of crayons!

Hairy TaitBRONZE Member
109 posts

Posted:
I was there too... Saw loads of people doing Poi all the time..Unfortunately my wrist was buggered so i couldn't spin at all( but i did anyway,and it hurt like hell) Some Photo's of Me and me Mates are at https://www.crackers4cheese.com/glasto04rach.htm

Unfortunately i didn't get there till Friday Night cos i was working It was Heartbreaking watching everyone leave My flat on Tuesday night to go down.... Never again....!! weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley weavesmiley eek biggrin confused weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: Hairy Tait (1094458453)

It's a very interesting story, Future Boy....!

Hairy TaitBRONZE Member
109 posts

Posted:
Written by: Domino

I want to go in a couple of years so I might as well ask this now.

Any survival tips? (Beyond "have a good time" -- I figured that one out already biggrin )

I mean things like things to see, how early to turn up, how not to get ripped off, things to take, anything useful really

My advice is don't take anything you're not prepared to lose.... Warm clothes for night time or maybe just buy a blanket from Joe Bananas... Waterproof clothing (poncho works well,but hopefully you won't need it ) sun cream,foodstuffs,water, don't forget your toys....Alchohol(in plastic bottles,) if you want it...and a big smile please.....!!! weavesmiley juggle ubblove ubbloco biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

It's a very interesting story, Future Boy....!