Forums > Social Chat > TuTu broke his fire cherry this weekend =)

Login/Join to Participate

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
Thanks ICoN, fun times and great party.

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear things are going slightly better and that you had a good weekend smile

Well done on the fire thing... did you get that kindof "ohhhh, that's what it's all about" feeling?! Tho... I thought you'd been playing with fire loads already?!?

Take care
xx

Getting to the other side smile

TuTuManBRONZE Member
Mushroom Fueled Frenzy
139 posts

Posted:
yeah i am a pyro.. just never lit my poi before.. i had a pretty good weekend . Did the whole mush mush adventure styles on friday nite, with some beer pong. Saturday chilled with the philly poi group then went to a kegger with 2 of the members, one of them being ICoN, and he let me spin fire fore the first time that nite. What a rush smile smile How was your weekend?
EDITED_BY: TuTuMan (1089575506)

::::does a little monkey man dance::::
You'll understand when you see his dancing feet

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Twas ok... worked til 11pm Friday night, trained Saturday morning and did more or less nothing the rest of the day.
Then, Saturday night was a kindof work thingme, we all got drunk and did some 10-pin bowling - which was funny, then went to another bar and got even drunker.
Now, we're all sitting in work again feeling like crap.
Also, its July 12 tomorrow - which means massive hassle in Northern Ireland. The Orange men do their marches, which pisses off the Catholics and it all gets decidedly unpleasant. Tonight, the Orange supporters burn their bonfires (some of which are between 70 and 100ft high), its dangerous and someone always dies or gets hospitalised in the fights that break out. So, I get to drive home through it in about 2 hours.

Wayhey... this country is just f**kin superb frown

(But, on a good note, I'm heading down to mayo next weekend for a street parade I'm poi-ing in... looking forward to it)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
The boss is letting us out early tonight to see if we can avoid the nutcases with their bonfires on the way home...
but I've just subbed this story for a page in the paper, and thought you might be interested to read it... all engineers are interested in moreorless the same thing, aren't they?!! ubblol

Anyways, wish me luck for the drive home.
good night
Clare xo
PS: Obviously the story leads with a Norn Irish angle.

STUDY TO IDENTIFY A SAFER ESCAPE
Experts from the University of Ulster are to be part of a major study of the al-Qaida attack on New York’s twin towers on September 11 2001.
The £1.6 million project will interview more than 2,000 World Trade Center survivors to help engineers and architects design safer skyscrapers.
Researchers from UU’s faculty of engineering, Greenwich University’s fire safety engineering group and the centre for investigative psychology at Liverpool University will aim to find out which elements in the towers’ design helped or hindered people’s escape.
While several studies are already underway into structural issues, less attention has been paid to the way the buildings were evacuated.
The chief researcher, Professor Ed Galea from Greenwich in London, claimed that better staircase design could have saved more than 1,000 lives.
About 1,400 people were trapped above the 91st floor of the centre’s north tower after the jet smashed all three emergency stairways, which were located close together at the core of the building.
Prof Galea has already shown that if even one staircase had survived, there would have been time to get most people out before the tower collapsed.
The new three-year project, called Heed (High-rise Evacuation Evaluation Database), will bring together engineers and psychologists.
The latter will play a crucial role in obtaining useful information from survivors, many of whom are still likely to be traumatised by their experience.
Face-to-face interviews will be conducted in an attempt to build up a detailed picture of what happened inside the stricken towers, The Engineer magazine reported.
Prof Galea said: “We are trying to learn lessons that will be highly relevant to building codes and standards, high-rise building design, and evacuation procedures.
“Among other things, we will be looking for an indication of how quickly people responded.
“Did they try to obtain additional information about the emergency? Did they try to use the elevators?
“Did they move in groups or alone? How did disabled people in the buildings respond?”
Heed is funded by a £1.6 million grant from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Grats again TuTu. Glad you enjoyed yourself and Im happy I could be a part of your first burn.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Vestergaardstranger
22 posts

Posted:
COOL! The circle expands

Chr