Page:
bairie fenlord high king of swingers *(now defunct)**(but will rise again ! !)*
165 posts

Posted:
~~~~~~**note*** THIS MOVIE IS NOW ON IN TWO-THREE WEEKS ON A THURSDAY IN THE SAME VENUE~~~~~~~~

Halo every body !

Hoopla Hoopla party party !

Stupendously pleased to be able to invite you to an absolutly complimentary viewing of the latest and the greatest docu-epic from the great man Mr M.Moore, just beat censored out of everything at Cannes fiilm fest !yeah baby ! Now if you is no knowing this man, then you should ! he very nice activist man make lots of nasty people look very dumb indeed ! HE HE HE HE ! and this man is fat !

Anyway on this very Tuesday night which Ithink is the 6th ?????? at the rampart community space , on rampart street of off comercial road, london, ec1 2la. Movie is going to be startings at around 10.45pm, there will be the bar with the drinky poos and the fluffy hippy squatter atmosphere !

I myself will be personally leading an guided party to this event from another event which is happening as well, being the jugglin at Spitz 6-10 very nice time ! So no pub this week kiddies we got to the movies, they sell beer no panic! Only a 15min walk from Spitz so no excuses this is good censored !

nearset station is Aldgate, my phone number is 07818683843 (no numbers withheld now !)if you need know anything or is just wanting to talk to somebody !!!

Big love all you spunky monkeys and don't be afraid of the squatters, we feed them well !!!1

xxx.

xxx..

xxx...

xxx.... biggrin wink juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile ubblove ubblol ubbidea hug

EDITED_BY: shapeshifter (1089310762)

fly fairies, fly high, fly wide and take no prisoners !!!!!!

165 posts

Posted:
he he he.
spread the word man
spread the word

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*agrees with spanner*

Shapeshifter... sortitaaaaart!!!!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yep - spamming is annoying, intrusive and not needed here as a lot of the posters here read everything anyway!

one post with the title 'Farenheit 9-11 showing tuesday' would have done it - if it is good, the word will spread on it own smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Oh God not another one of you people

Michael Moore is an idiot ubblol

He leaves the harrassed people's actual words and meanings out of his so called films. He uses the footage "he" wants to make his self look like the "good guy".

I guess I wouldn't have been so harsh to say that, but Shapeshifter you had no right to spam in threads. If you hadn't wanted to spread the word about the film so much then I prolly would of just looked over this thread and sighed to myself about the stupidity of man kind.

Back to Micheal Moore:

Don't get me wrong, it's fine to make a film about your oppinion, but don't harrass people in doing so or splice what you think would sound better for the purpose of the film.

Just my .02

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Michael Moore is a propagandist, not an objective journalist, and his films should NEVER be referred to as "documentary" work. Though odds are he's already preaching to the converted and not many care to disprove his statements, I'm including two links here in case some of you feel open-minded enough to be critical of Moore and his work.

First up is the latest: Fahrenheit 9/11. Here is a growing list of tailored or fabricated points from the movie that are shown to be wrong through credible news sources.
https://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

Just to drive home the point about Moore using his methods to push a false message, here's a list of wrongs in his first big controversial movie piece, Bowling for Columbine.
https://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

Please do not take what this man says at face-value. In today's political climate it's easy to get whipped up into a frenzy to defend your own side, and sometimes that includes believing things to be true that are horribly skewed or in some cases just plain false. This has been going on ever since the 2000 American Presidential election, and frankly it's causing so much friction that some members (myself included) are disinclined to be part of this community.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Interesting that no-one has been able to sue him for any significant libel, defamation or even loss of business or anything. especially given the state of the US legal system (where money buys victory), and the kinds of enemys he has made. I think that says a lot more than anything.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Oh God not another one of you people.

umm 'you people'?
that is highly confrontational miss a.
do you assume anyone who appreciates moore's work is 'stupid'?

and dio, i find it a real shame that the fact that some people here support michael moore has made you feel that "some members (myself included) are disinclined to be part of this community".
this is a forum for free, open discussion and if people when debating moore with you have resorted to personal jibes and such then that is a matter for the mods - you should report them.

back on topic:

yes, michael moore edits his films.

we are aware of this.

the 'deceits' and 'facts' those pages point out make little difference to the underlying points made by moore - any intelligent viewer of his films will realise this.

don't believe everything you see at the movies or on tv - everything has a bias, everyone leans.

but at the same time, realise that the underlying issues raised by moore are important ones that are not broached by anyone else in a high profile position.

who here has actually seen faranheit 9-11?

i haven't yet and i won't be seeing it tonight either but i fully intend to at some point.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dio

First up is the latest: Fahrenheit 9/11. Here is a growing list of tailored or fabricated points from the movie that are shown to be wrong through credible news sources.

ok, i read this article and also followed the link through to the National Review Online site from where the full version of the article is published.

at first i laughed out loud, i honestly thought it was a joke! the site's clearly run by type of people who pulled the strings to get bush where he is today anyway.

check out the ad for "Smart Investing & Catholic Values"!! ubblol ubblol what the F does smart investments have to do with religion?

oh and there's also the article on gay marriage from where i took this:

quote> European parents have increasingly stopped marrying because they no longer think of marriage as an institution meant to bind children to their mothers and fathers

Gay marriage helps Europeans see it that way, making them consider marriage nothing more than the expression of mutual affection between two adults. But this view translates into marrying long after children are born — if parents don't break up first. It means rising rates of parental cohabitation, and higher rates of family dissolution. That's what's happening in Europe. Do we want it to happen in America?

*hang on til i pick myself up off the floor*

what the f*ck????? and these people call michael moore a propagandist??? ubblol

if this is the kind of misinformation they're feeding you, then who's to say their michael moore stories hold any credibility??

i agree with coleman. michael moore may not be everyones cup of tea, but he explores issues that others don't touch, and targets an audience who wouldn't otherwise show much interest, and if that awakes even the tiniest amount of political interest in someone normally ignorant of world affairs then that can only be a good thing.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

1,032 posts

Posted:
Written by:

'you people'?
that is highly confrontational miss a.
do you assume anyone who appreciates moore's work is 'stupid'?

No just the people who inflate the issue of seeing his films so much that most people choose to not ever see it. One thread would of done good, that's why the mods moved it to this area of the discussion boards.

That was intended towards that type of group of people not really towards anyone in particular on HoP except for shapeshifter who fell into "that group" of people.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
okay, sorry - i misunderstood you ubbrollsmile

i completely agree that spamming is generally counter productive.

back on topic though - have you seen the movie?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

1,032 posts

Posted:
It otay hug

No I havn't yet. I don't really go to the theaters anymore because it costs too much. If I want to see something I usually wait til it is out for rent wink

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:

I'm including two links here in case some of you feel open-minded enough to be critical of Moore and his work.

Wow, I was feeling open-minded even before the links.

wink rolleyes rolleyes

How do you feel about Noam Chomsky?

Cheers!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

If I could be bothered to I'd dig out the link where Michael Moore replies to the Bowling... criticism. He did blow some out the water, and accept others to the extent he made edits for the DVD release.

Also, as coleman says, there's no such thing as unbiased reporting and just because a there are some flaws in his facts or style of getting his point across doesn't invalidate the truth behind it. I see Michael Moore as a balancing force. The truth walks between.

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:

(emphasis mine)

I'm not saying I support Moore. I'm not saying I don't. I'm leaving my views out (as I HAVE seen the film, I'm lucky enough to know people in the industry).

All I will say, that word "credible" corrupts the argument. When your argument is that one source ISN'T credible, stating others ARE credible with nothing more than the fact they are news sources as evidence is a leap of faith. They could be more or less credible than Moore.

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Written by:

and dio, i find it a real shame that the fact that some people here support michael moore has made you feel that "some members (myself included) are disinclined to be part of this community".
this is a forum for free, open discussion and if people when debating moore with you have resorted to personal jibes and such then that is a matter for the mods - you should report them.

Nah it wasn't so much that, but recall the old "War Topics" forum? I was one of a total of THREE (myself, Raymond, and Ms. Aurora) people who supported action in Iraq and spoke out about it, and we were constantly attacked for it by the several other members here who posted counter-opinions. What bugged me the worst though was that sometimes "facts" would come up that were blatantly untrue, but which people believed wholeheartedly (like the "3000 Iraqi soldiers who were buried alive by tanks with specially-designed plows that chased the retreating soldiers down"). Several of these were proven (by myself and others) to be completely fabricated, and ranged from simple misinterpretation of facts to outright lies circulated in chain letter form over the internet by people who chose not to think before they spoke. In honesty though, points did pop up that countered some of the things I said, and I stood corrected on those.

To straighten you out on the point about Moore supporters though - no, they do not make me want to cease posting on HoP. My comment was more of a concern that it COULD develop into that (as many of the "War Threads" have) and I wanted people to at least be considerate of others who didn't feel like they did. It's no secret that people who denounce Bush are in the majority here, but it's also a fact (see earlier topics for proof) that bad attitudes have developed toward the minority that chose to support Bush, America, Republicans, whichever, and I don't want to see that repeated for the sake of the community. I've lost too many fire friends already just because they decided to hate me over the choices my government has made.

Written by:

All I will say, that word "credible" corrupts the argument. When your argument is that one source ISN'T credible, stating others ARE credible with nothing more than the fact they are news sources as evidence is a leap of faith. They could be more or less credible than Moore.

I didn't put any emphasis on it, I just said "credible" to separate real news sources from something like.... some aggravated teenager's blog about why he loves being a Young Republican. Though I do believe the article is meant to discredit Moore, I wasn't trying to sneak in any sort of disrespect. I'd be a total hypocrite if I were to think the other side of the debate wasn't worth considering (and for the record, I plan to do my part to vote Bush out of office this year!).

Written by:

if this is the kind of misinformation they're feeding you, then who's to say their michael moore stories hold any credibility??

i agree with coleman. michael moore may not be everyones cup of tea, but he explores issues that others don't touch, and targets an audience who wouldn't otherwise show much interest, and if that awakes even the tiniest amount of political interest in someone normally ignorant of world affairs then that can only be a good thing.

This would be why I didn't link to the National Review... I dislike the extremists of the opposing side as well, believe me. This article, however, was written by (direct quote) a man who is "Research Director of the Independence Institute and an NRO columnist. He has previously written about the deceptions in “Bowling for Columbine.†Like Michael Moore, in 2000 Kopel endorsed and voted for Ralph Nader." I would say that while the National Review may want to print this article for their own agenda, it is not representative of all extremist opinions on that side of the fence, nor is it discredited just because they choose to print it.

And Faberge, I definitely agree with you on that point about Moore encouraging people to think about things... he sure got me to look at current affairs and try to find out the real truth. And so far, to me, he's losing. I hope everyone forms their own opinions of the man and his works, but I also want those opinions to be rooted in interpretation of honest facts and not based on false claims or distorted interpretations because they only see what they want to see.

I don't have a problem with anyone here, please don't think that... but a work this controversial, by a man known for controversial topics, deserves some counterpoints to challenge it biggrin

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

165 posts

Posted:
Hello every body !
Tiz I the evil 'one of those people' person !
Firstly may I apologise for offending the mass populace so deeply and affecting the flow of the world, but I was simply so excited about being able to invite you's all to 9-11 and had such a short amount of time to get the word out that I went a bit crazy. No mal intent just wanted to put it up !
Is putting four threads up really spamming ? had it been in the poi moves and the staff moves and the video sections etc.. then maybe or maybe had it been some gimp company tring to push product ok ! But it's just an excited little punk trying to get as many people as possible the oppourtunity to see an unreleased award wining film for free ! And I will be sorry for my actions because as I say no harm was intended !
Anyway enough of this !
9-11 is going to be on in two to three weeks time on a thursday night at (am i allowed to say this !!!!!) SWINGERS, which some of you may know is a thursday night squat based workshop, this time we are off of commercial road ec1 nearest tube Aldgate, on rampart st. nice little space with a private back alley (oh er.. missus !) for fire play and a new feature this time being the eleven o'clock movie theatre, another forthcoming attraction is kill bill, kill bill 2 double bill !
start at 6 and dosen't end, free tea coffee, donations as you can !
Thanks guys,
peace and belly fluff
lots and lots of love !
that person
shapeshifter
Fairie Ben.
xxxxxxx

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Under Cars Over Fences

*agrees with spanner*

Shapeshifter... sortitaaaaart!!!!

I'm sorry, what was the LOCATION of this EVENT, PERFORMANCE, or GATHERING? I guess UCOF didn't keep his promise to regulate in my absence.

Wait, wait... lemme guess.... UM....

LONDON?! ubbloco

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hug for the bairie - had a feeling it was yoo biggrin

see you (and your beautiful baby girl - i saw eva's photos ubblove) soon my darling.

cole. x

ps. yes we are militant here now benny - fluffy but generally, harsh and militant wink

pps. for nyc - this was moved here by a mod so you can blame them i reckon! tongue

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Moderators don't make mistakes.

It is only our perception of their actions that is in error.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

165 posts

Posted:
Jesus dudes !
What's eith all the vibes !
chill with the sill man !
go drink a lilt !
long live anarchy and disobidience I say !
wouldn't have people like michael moore otherwise !
Cole big up yourself, you rock and are a true ninja, but you should still drink a lilt, but only if you like lilt, otherwise take something else !!!!!
Whaaap, Whaaap Whaap whaap waaah (random clown noise) to you all.
Farenheit mother funkin 9-11 people its top of the posp and you know it !
two weeks and counting!!!
xxx
love, love, love

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spanner

...and drinking Lilt is the way to ensure the long life of anarchy and disobedience? wink

Yes it is.

You can buy it here biggrin

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

if you're Fairie Ben, why post under a different name? confused

for the same reason you post under the name 'spanner'!

glugs on a lilt and a tokes on a little sumthinsumthin the ladies gave me with me can wink

i'd like to point out [Old link] .
it seems it had been closed just because it had the name of this film in it?!!!???

the thread is named differently and links to something that is not directly related to faranheit 9-11 and yet for some reason, it was closed and linked to this thread...?

confused

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Vestergaardstranger
22 posts

Posted:
Without really comenting on the contents of 9/11 or any of Moore's work, I can't help wondering: Isn't that the way "truth" and "democracy" is brought to the masses in general in the U.S.?

I mean, no offence, but for an outsider (I'm from Denmark), American democracy seems a bit like a joke... Opinions expressed, to form the democratic opinion, are pollished to fit the media that brings them. The voice to bring out the opinion is optained by either a high status in the medias, or the funds to buy a such status. The outcome, as it seems to me, is a public opinion claiming to be founded on truth and democratic ideologies, but actually is merely an opinion formed by the ones with the real power in the U.S. - the rich and the famous.

I am well aware that this is really putting it on the edge, but quite frankly, it really is the first hand impression of the American interpretation of democracy.

Best wishesh to everybody from Denmark,
Christian.

165 posts

Posted:
so after all the debate has anyone seen it ?

165 posts

Posted:
te- he spanner !
huh ! huh!
huh ! that dudes called spanner, thats like ,huh! uh ! huh ! funny !
in a beavis and butthead stylee !
wee hee ilove life and life loves me !

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i saw shrek 2 the other day which apparently is a superior film in just about every way.

although the seven year old film critic that told me that might be slightly biased...

the only chance i'll get to see faranheit is at your house benny so no, i ain't seen it yet (although when i come round, i doubt i'll be much interested in a tv screen anyway smile ).

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

165 posts

Posted:
Wwow Cole !
I wander what you'll be doin ?
dark place, nice movie ????
maybe you'll just juggle frantically !
we just got broad band at home !
yay !
yip yip !
u coming spitz tonight ?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:

1. does that mean this member's real name is Fairie Ben? biggrin

2. And why is Spanner funny is a Beavis & Butthead style(e)? confused

1. yep biggrin

2. and *everything* is funny in a beavis and butthead stylee wink

might be at spitz tonight but only for a couple of hours if at all - if the weather holds i'll probably shoot off home and take some video juggle

but i doubt i'll juggle much if i visit you - you have a far better toy to play with now ubblove smile

hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

165 posts

Posted:
Hey you leave my wife alone !
What you video ???
Spitz was a very nice !
blah blah blah
lots of love
xxx

SPANNER : GO DRINK THAT LILT NOW ! I COMMAND YOU TO OBEY ME, ORELSE I SHALLSMITE THEE WITH MY CLOTH !

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: shapeshifter

What you video ???

juggle

i actually ended up doing these things:

having a juggle in a field (with no video camera), going home, smoking, trying to sort out 4b mills, failing, drinking a bottle of wine whilst watching requium for a dream, crying fairly violently for about 30 seconds whilst feeling sick, turning the movie off and feeling great again, smoking, sleeping.

Written by: shapeshifter

Hey you leave my wife alone !

... she's myyyy wiiiiiife noooooow!

wink ubbrollsmile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: