Alexlexexmember
24 posts

Posted:
Hmm, does anyone think we could use a chat room?[This message has been edited by Alexlexex (edited 25 February 2001).]

NY FirebatsA shirt that is soaked in fuel burns very nicely. - Not By Me

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hmmmm i think Malcolm was considering it too...i don't know how many of us will be online at the same time though - the good thing with the BB is that you can post and everyone else can see it; with the chat room the others should be online (of course we'll still have the BB smile).emmm i don't know what to say really - i might not use it much but then again it might be fun to have one wink when you are in a chatty mood...let's see what others think on this too...happy swinging,Simos[This message has been edited by Simos (edited 26 February 2001).]

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
A chat room could be interesting, although, how many of us are on-line at anyone time?+ major differences in time zones would definately make it more difficult.Caine-and-Unable.

*GiZmO*member
7 posts

Posted:
You could alwayz just make the chat room, at least it is there if anyone wants to use it, if not then well, the BB is still here smileSet it up in mIRC or something, have a couple of ops from different time zones to keep out the idiots, it could be fun, to just have a chat to people rather then just posting notices about moves, fuels etc. smileGiZ (<----------a self confessed chat room addict, hehehe)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah - I'd be into a chat room...Josh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Well as the nerdy types do, i chat on IRC and recent;y have been sitting myself in #poi. This is on the oz.org network (mpx.oz.org, client.oz.org etc etc), no one else has joined me as yet, so if anyone wants to come visit some time, do so.

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
what about using both, using the bb 4 what it is now, and the chat incase that.89 people chabge to two one day, if its aproxamatly 18 people, a chat might encourage them to stay longer in the window aswell,just n idea though

Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
I rekon I'd agree with Simos. There is little point haviong chat as it would end up like the Crystal Stix sites chat page...never anyone online (not meant to diss the site or anything), but the chat idea just didn't work (not that I have seen anyway). Could be woth a try though, as I am not any sort of authority on such matters!

TrickySmile at a stranger!

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
...before this whole thing gets out of hand grin i would like to make a correction:5% of 18 people = 0.9 and not 0.89 winkMalcolm you gave me a laugh with that 2.00 figure! (and a pain as well since as from last night i have an injured spine frown - i guess that means swinging is out of the question for a few days (weeks??? frown)...happy swinging,Simos [This message has been edited by Simos (edited 27 February 2001).]

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
As having some experiance with chat rooms, can mention a couple of things. First they are not easy to keep going, but can still have possibilities, especially if they are the only one of their kind.I think having it use IRC would be a good idea. Ideally, it'd be nice if it could be accessed from the website at the same time (using some sort of java irc client).The reason is that if someone is using a real irc client like mIRC, they can set it up to sit in the room and make some sort of a sound when someone enters, and there are controls to throw out troublemakers, etc.As for the last chatroom, to be truthful, I don't even remember there being one. Did it have a prominant place on the page? Or maybe it had been a java-only room that seemed clunky and I got turned off of it?In any case, I think having an assigned time is a good idea. That way it'd be like mini-get togethers...

Captain Howdymember
3 posts

Posted:
Will you guys be posting the address for the chat room here? Check out this site for a few laughs and giggles if you get a chance:https://www.geocities.com/snackrelatedmishap/main.html

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Hey, I'll try to hang out in the #poi chatroom this weekend if I can. If you see me in there (probably Shawn or SilverT), I'll probably be away, but say something or private message me or something. I'll try to check every 15 mins at least...But anyone have any idea when you might come in day/time-wise, give a post... the more people we can have in there at once the better. And I'm guessing the weekend will be the main possibility because the time-zones will make it harder to connect during the week...Hope to chat with you! smile

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
i've tried but couldn't connect to oz.org frownhappy swinging,Simos[This message has been edited by Simos (edited 01 March 2001).]

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... Simos, did you just do oz.org? I tried: mpx.oz.org and it seems to be working ok for me...

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Shawn...basically i tried all the default OzOrg servers that came with my mIRC...i'll try what you suggest next time - thanx smilehappy swinging,Simos