Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Falmouth II - Bigger, Brighter & Burnier than ever

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Mr Fish o'flame is right, I think we need to have a new thread for the second meet especially as it won't let me edit the title of the old one rolleyes

So here's the open invitation to everyone who reads this to join us in Falmouth. It seems most agree on the weekend of 6th-8th or there round abouts (I'll be there from the 5th) and we're camping

here at the same campsite

and spending our nights

here on Maenporth Beach

If you wanna see what the last meeting looked like visit

Soton Firespinners to download the video

If anyone wants to come just turn up but we'd appreciate a post or two to let us know so we can be sure the campsite can expect a certain number of people although they have lots of space and no doubt would fit us in without a problem.

Its a winner, you know it makes sense, be there or be a square poi and besides what else have you got to do you bunch of weirdos!?! wink

And if we want it better I think we should be a little better prepared for funness, does anyone have one of those massive tents like army ones? Or would anyone be interested in piling into a couple of chalets perhaps? And maybe a generator for tunes on the beach *cough*strugz*cough* for when the bones start showing through Mags' fingers?! wink Any other suggestions folks? Could people all try to bring a little wood with them please? Even a few sticks each will make a massive difference but if Brad wants to use his 100% work discount again that'd be well cool biggrin hug2

So who's-a comin? bounce bounce2 grouphug devil kiss beerchug wow hehe ubbrollsmile juggle weavesmiley ubblove biggrin ubbidea sunny

The list currently looks like this and I'll keep this post updated for ease of looking for links and names etc

FALMOUTH II Peeps - For Sure!

==========================

Custom Bug Fri-Sun

George Fri-sun and at least 6 friends

Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun

Mags Fri-sun

Bird Fri-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday Fri-sun

Garthy Fri-sun

BradFire Fri-sun

Parafinfairy Fri-sun

Oli Fri-sun

Prof£t Fri-sun

Narr Fri-sun

Vixen Fri-sun

x-aimee-x Fri-sun

Crazyhippychick Fri-sun

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Possibly

==========================

Duballstar

Firefish

Keith - Other Toasters

Fireflzy (From Firetoys messageboard)

Craig (From Firetoys messageboard)

Firemonkey

Spanner

Let's relight this forum ubblove

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Hello grace was nice to meet you, although very briefly frown (my bad)

hopes you find your phone eek

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Err. I think you're right Durbs about lost stuff.

I may have lost my poi!! eek

I have Vixens Sock poi I think

I also have someones sunglasses (I'll take a picture of them tonight and upload it)

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
cometo to think of it i havent found my stripy purple socks yet frown.............

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Right - Lost Property Thread now in Social Chat

smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Wicked weekend guys - as expected biggrin

Was soooo nice to see all you peeps again huddled around that blazing fire biggrin

Ben - thanx for even more insperation with my stick, man one day ill teach you something wink

Durbs - thanx for opening my mind to contact juggling biggrin

Rob - your skillz with nunchucks is eek and your help in controlling those balloons was much aapreciated biggrin

Spike - ditto biggrin

Mags - again thanx for tunes and it was nice to see you staff coming on sooo much biggrin

Brad - Electroglo toy inventor of the evening - we have some wicked stuff to show you on vid - those toys were very effective biggrin

Frodo & Vixen - eek for your bravery in naked spins!

Fireflyz - Nice to meet you alls, we shall hook up soon for more wire fun wink

Char - your tea was missed on friday - but it certanly was made up for on sat biggrin

Man i could go on for ages, name after name but im running out of time (got to go edit some footage wink)

A big thanx to all who showed from far and wide, was a pleasure to spin / trade trix and generally be in all your company cool

I think we can safely say that Falmouth 2 was a sweeeeet success biggrin

hug to all

Oh and pix will be up by weekend - we have many biggrin

BRING ON FALMOUTH 3 biggrin ubbrollsmile biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hey hey hey!!

Glad everyone had such a wicked time!

Jem - would you believe that stoopid jumper was in my car after all (as Ben smugly pointed out when we got back to Mags' place! rolleyes

Mags - Cheers for the (ab)use of your house for the weekend! hug

Strugz (and anyone else who may have video footage) - pwetty pleeeeeeeeeeeeese can I have a copy? biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Hey all smile

Jem - fantastic to see you (again) and sorry (again) that we still didn't get to chat properly! I was not really myself sat night....

Ben - You and Strugz have converted me, contact staff is in fact cool and (as is always the way) I learned so much that I've somehow managed to forget it all......ah well......here's to next time and a better memory. Also big thanks for campfire conversation and much thinking hug

Durbs - thanks for the tent, the tunes (Mr scruff from a clever mobile device), and the company, not to mention much contacty inspiration. (which I've also forgotten.....) Roll on Beautiful Days! woooooooo!

Strugz - Man, what can I say? See the previous two (above) minus mister scruff and plus some perfect doubles on Sat night - you really rock hug biggrin Check yer PM's I got some good news for you wink

Oli - One question, 'how do you spell obsession?' lol .......See you soon yeah? Your isolations defy gravity / sense - wicked in every way.

Lots and lots of other peoples that it was great to finally meet though I've forgotten most names - CustomBug, Ross (hop name??) Garthy (cheers for the hyperloops and forgotten nectarines wink) Spike, Hava (wooooooooooo!), Spanner (great to see you again honey), Mr Spanner (erm, giles?), Pink, Frodo and Vixen (you cold and decidedly naked firey fools - gotta love you though wink) ,etc etc etc.........

just fantastic. Thank you all so much. See you all for the 3rd installment hey? kiss

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Hey!

I had an absolutely wicked time this weekend! I learnt so much from everyone, i've just got to remember it all now biggrin

Custom - Thankyou for organising this again and letting me sleep in your tent for 2 hours on sunday morning. Next time i see you, that blanket is mine wink

Oli - you monkey king you, those hyperloops are amazing!

Garthy - thankyou for trying to teach me that weird butterfly hyperloop that you do, i did it by accident earlier and cant for the life of me repeat it rolleyes

I wont thank everyone individually so thankyou everyone else!

So Falmouth 3... when shall we do it? i vote second weekend in september - 10th, 11th, 12th. Any takers?

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
sweeeet weekend had a blast if i can posablely make it to falmouth 3 then see you there

big thanks to the hardcore 4 who stayed sunday nite i had a blast

frodo and henry keep on with those flag things they were cool you should definatly try and get henry doing poi while you've got him up there

spike quality poi action there oh and tar for not leavein me as the only stoner there

brian keep on with those nunchucks even though you did cain the [censored] out of your self pritty bad just remember you'll never not cain the [censored] out your self you'll just be able to go faster without doing even more damage oh and if i were you i would invest in some kevlar gloves before you do fire again

shrugs sweet staff work man very impresive you've inspired me to try learning some doubles and contact stuff oh and of course to try and do some wire wool stuff (oh and i've no idea how your supose to spell your name)

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
strugz smile

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
did no one miss me?

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i uploaded some pics so far

[Old link]

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Bah, who needs Oz when we had Falmouth! tongue wink

Just a quick re-cap of photos:

Grace's

Mac's

Garth's

Ooooooh, the memories - what a wicked weekend :-D

I want another one!!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Oh what a brilliant weekend ubbangel

Garthy - Thank you for converting me! hug

Custom - Thanks for the use of your tent for 2 hours. hug

Oli - Remember to practise normal buzzsaws! tongue

Jem - We must make sure we meet up again before anouther year dissapears! ubbangel

Beth - hug thanks for the lift to the train station!

Mags - Cheers for the use of your house, and the lovely curry, and just for being a lovely host hug

Ben - You have to put up the recipies for those lovely French Guys Toast things. And do you like Trifle now?

And hug to everyone else because there are faaar to many names to continue individually.

Oh and if anyone has footage.... ubbangel I can't download videos you see. Don't mind putting some money towards a copy ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
YAWN.....morning peeps! hug oh, erm, afternoon peeps!! hug2

First things first, the mention of this being mine, or steps or anyones is bull. It's "ours" pure and simple, it's all those who came and made it the wicked time it was. My organising went as far as booking a campsite and posting a couple of links so please no praise for me lest you praise the entire group. thankx

So on with praising! biggrin

Fistly everyone grouphug What a fuckin wicked time, I'm not sure if I met everyone but I tried my damndest to! If I didn't I'll make sure I do next time biggrin
Sorry I didn't get to do my workshop, was well up for it Sunday but as my lovely beautiful sock poi died saturday night and it was pissing it down all day Sunday before I left it just didn't happen. Next time fo sure. At least I got to teach some stuff anyway tho and learnt tons more from you guys than I think I could ever teach.

Strugz - Man you get beter everytime I see you, how the hell I missed your workshop I don't know frown Next time grab me a lead me over to learn please wink

Rossco - Glad you enjoyed your birthday, your face was full of smiles all day, infact all weekend. You is a dude and the perfect car partner. You drive next time tho, you knows it clart wink hug hug2

Beth, Vix, Pink, you're all welcome to share my tent anytime, although I'll insist it's all under one duvet wink And Beth, if you think you're taking my blankie home with you you can think again. It's protected by Duncan bye-law and thus any stealing will be punished by a dip into the ocean against your will ubbangel

Mags - You are the perfect host, what better place could we have been entertained, fed, smoked and watered so well. Next time I'll have to book a spot for overnight stays hug

Laura - hug Thanks for sharing your imagination with me for so long with the contact poi, it's taking over my life now. Next time I see you I'll be spinning without even touchin the strings ubbangel By the way, your staff is in Bens possession, somehow it got packed into my car with his stuff so he'll get it to you soon.

And to everyone else I can't remember cuz I just got out of bed, including Step who was enjoying himself waaaay to much to be here, and great big grouphug You're all freakin lovely, you're all so inspirational, you're all brilliant to spent a sunny weekend with, you're all welcome to my house anytime and you're all gonna make the next one happen fo sure.

Bring on the next Falmouth (potentially on tour), bring on the Brizzol meet, bring on the castle meet.

I can only meerly express myself with emoticons that aren't nearly smiley, bouncey, huggy or anything else enough.

smile biggrin ubbrollsmile cool hug eek confused ubblove weavesmiley juggle ubbloco ubbidea ubblol beerchug kiss peace ubbtickled bounce bounce2 clap devil grouphug heart hehe hug2 lolsign nana sunny thankx wavehello wow

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Id just like to say i had a totally fantastic weekend, ive learnt so much from everybody and cant wait to see you all again!!!!

Special Thanks go out to....

Garthy - You were my number one hero this weekend, i cudnt of taken a chance on a better stranger!!! Thank you for everything you did, sharing a tent, giving me transport, taking the time to teachin me TTN and last but not least... holding my towel!!!

Frodo - Thank you for the chats and giggles, and being my partner in crime for the naked spin.... same again next time?

Custom and George - For being so smiley and happy, you made me feel so welcome and i thoroughly enjoyed your company

CrazyHippyChick - You were the first face i saw wen i got to the campsite (feeling a little scared and lonely) Thank you for your kindness (not to mention shampoo and towel) haha

Mags and Mo - I hope everything is going good, thank you for accepting me and for the giggles and chats, love u both!

Oli - Your spinning inspired me so much, if one day i can be at least half as amazing as you, i'll be happy!!!

To everybody else i met over the weekend... all i can say is THANK YOU, i hope to see you all again soon, and if your ever in my neck of the woods - please dont hesitate to give me a call! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
Well!!!!! what can i say what a weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a wicked weekend so glad we came down on thursday to meet everyone early(also to get the mothership of all tents into the campsite, would never have got in otherwise)

Helen realy enjoyed her birthday down with you guys it was the perfect location and weather.

We all learnt loads of new stuff from oli's profound ability to get a pair of womens socks tangled up to the upmost then with a few flicks and twists untangle them and make it look so easy to rob's strange aray of toys that i never new was possible.
Got some great ideas from frodo about setting up a business and learn't that levellers songs can be played in such a way that they sound better than the original!!! nice one mags!!!
Ben and strugz saturday night with their staff performance was the highlight for me, brilliant guys you give us all something to aspire to.
ross's ability to roll bifters more than anyone i know
has inspired me too(maybe one day i'll be able to get as mashed as you m8)
Bloody ell i could go on forever!!!!
To sum it up had a bloody marvelous time with a load of random people on a bloody nice beach, good effort everyone cant wait to meet you all again
(note to open savings account for falmouth trips)

mike... biggrin

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Well, I can't wait to see the footage from the weekend guys. Unfortunately I couldn't make it...AGAIN!! ooooops, but I'm certainly coming to the next one!!! Someone said something about Bristol???
Spud, I can't wait to see how you've grown in your staff ability...have you got Char doing it yet? sunny Frodo...saw your hat to 'bits' pic...hehehe!!! Fair play ppl, I wouldn't have done it!!
Oh and Strugz ubbloco...has my tent come back in one piece? wink

Are you a robot...or an alien?

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah could sum1 sort me out some footage please... im willing to pay! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
But it'll be worth way more than mere money can pay for wink

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Can i have the unedited footage as well pleeeease nice camera people?

Who evers got it, pm me and i'll send you my address! Thankee

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
ooh me mee mee too if its no trouble ubbangel

pm meh or mail me on jemima.donald@virgin.net

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
and me, and me pleeeeeeeeeeeeease. biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Don't forget me! ubbangel

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
We should collect it all together in a DVD possibly with menus and the like.

I'd happily send all the full-res photos on a CD to someone or I'll happily put together a CD/DVD with all the fotage and photos. Be warned though although my computery skill are probably good enought to put together a DVD with menus and the like my artistic talent is around zero so it wouldn't be pretty!

I'm off down the pub now but I'll be thinking about it over my pint.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Oh that sounds like an amazingly good idea !

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hey rossco, just got a glance at your burns (side burns) man those is some phat burns man, im well impressed dude! :d

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so any more love bird discovered at falmouth II?

well all know of frodo and beth ubblove

but will there be any more reasons to posible buy myslef a new wedding hat? hug

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Custom Bug

But it'll be worth way more than mere money can pay for wink

I see Bug speaking words of wisdom biggrin

This is a man who has experianced the true power of the footage and understands that money cannot buy you everthing, however in a month or so a DSL connection can ubblol

We will share what we have but im afraid you will have to wait for a bit as the whole transfering process takes time, as for sorting and dishing out........mmmmmmm ill see what can be done.........i wish id sat in pub and thought about it last night, i may have the answer now - how did you get on Garthy?

Perhaps i should send it in to the BBC for national broadcasting ubblol

Anyhow - will keep ya posted biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

hey rossco, just got a glance at your burns (side burns) man those is some phat burns man, im well impressed dude! :d

Dude, i'm sure i had the burns when we went to matlock but thanks for the flattery, it'll get you everywhere! wink

Can i also put my name down for the footage please so i can have something to remember my birthday by and laugh at frodo and vixen in the sea. ubblol

Thanks to the soton lot for my card too, much appreciated. hug

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Page: ...