Page:
RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, semi-serious post time....

I have recently come to the conclusion that I never want to work again, & I am trying to figure out how to do it. Now before you say it, what I mean by work is 9 to 5 grind with no sight of the sun. I want to do either things I love, or things that I see as being worthwhile.

Those of you who have had little email conversations with me will know I am finding it tough taking that first step. It is in my nature to only take calculated risks, & this seems big & scary. So, what I would like is some advice on what I could do. These are the ideas i have come up with so far:

1. Completing my Cert IV in training so I can run some training courses.
2. Writing columns for newspapers & magazines (whilst working on a book I recently started)
3. learning air-brush art so i can do body-painting
4. Maybe go into radio

These are some of the things I can do:

1. I can write reasonably well
2. I am a decent public speaker/trainer
3. I can draw (but not pengu8ins )
4. I can do accountancy (but don't really like to)

I want to pick a couple of things to do. But the criteria is that I get to enjoy the daylight (I am not a night person), and I get to control my own working day as much as possible. Oh, & I would like to be able to afford to live on my own (not share with a flatmate cos its beginning to bug me ), the cost of a one-bedroom in Sydney is about AUD$200/week.

So, suggestions? Please ask questions as well, cos that might help me. Any advice you could provide would be appreciated

[ 27 May 2002, 00:05: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Page: