Forums > Social Chat > You gotta hear this!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:

I work mornings at a farm and country store as the head of the reptiles and plant departments.
I get along amazingly well with everyone there, we all flirt, goof around and have alot of fun. So we all decided to go out a couple fridays ago.
No biggie, except, at the end of the night, my married boss (who is a fair bit older than I) tried to kiss me! Bleh! I got out of it fairly sneakily and was really creeped out. Anyway, I went into work the next week and was looking for something in the office, where he tried to kiss me again, that time he got a mouthful of the back of my hair. I told him that I am not really interested, I think he is a great guy but I have PWB and all so, no thanks. Wanna know what he said? He and his wife have an open marriage and since I am not married I am not tied down so all is good if we wanted to! ARGH!
He has backed off since but does these things to be closer to me...like I sprained my ankle this week and he stopped by to check on me (my friend Jim was here, so I was protected!). He is really nice but I just don't want to go there, you know?

Now, if this were a boss along the lines of Malcolm, well I just couldn't resist .
I really like all the people at work, including him, and I enjoy my job immensely but it is awkward.

Then we get all these old farmers in the store who hit on some us girls (there is only a handful of us there). We are told to humor them, but yuck! A 92 year old man seriously asked me on a date today! ACK!

Okay, I am just weirded out and had to share, besides I thought you might all get a good belly laugh out of this!
Hugs to all!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Ugh!!! Not good!!! (but somewhat chucklesome I had a laugh & got an "ooo yuck" shiver down my spine...)

I used to work with this guy who never really understood why I was not attracted to him. I wasn't seeing anyone at the time, so in his mind I had to be interested. Gotta love that assumption that cos they say so, it will happen!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Have you ever seen the British film Human Traffic?

If so you'll remember the scene where one of the girls is trying to work and her boss is covered head to toe in slime and is hounding her, rinsing out crap chat up lines and lapping his tongue like a dog. Well, anyway, it's rather apt and I can't help but imagine you grimacing at his attempts in the same way!

Whipping Boy, it's time to lay down the law!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well I am with Pyrophile but with my own violent twist PWB needs to step in abit lets see... a Glock 21 has a .45 round it leaves a hole about the size of a penny or nickle going in and about the size of a baseball going out, bigger depending on the type of the round but in all seriusness, I would atleast threaten him a bit with the sexual harrassment deal. What your boss is doing is just wrong. I think flirting is ok but there has got to be a definate line super black extra wide line that he must know that cant be crossed. Or try telling him that if he keeps it up you will have to quit. That might grab his attention more than a harrassment scare.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Well, I have to admit it is somewhat funny, but I know all this stuff is horribly irritating. Flirting and stuff is all right as long as people understand its done in good humor and innocence. You may want to setup some serious boudaries with this guy. I had some guy that came through the center and started calling me there every hour telling me I had to go out with him because he was being nice enough to call me at 1:30 in the morning. When he asked me if I would hang out with him if he came down there, I said "no, but I will call the police on you." Finally, after the fifth time of me telling him not to call he got the hint and stopped.
Just to let you know that you´re not the only one that gets hit with whacked-out lines, here´s some of the stellar one´s i´ve gotten and who they came from:
Old Indian guy at the cookie shop: You are the sweetest cookie in the world! You are hot like a heater!
Random black guy in the airport: You ever taken a walk on the dark side? Would your daddy mind?
Drunk guy buying Vodka at 9am: Mmmm, girl, I´d marry you twice! You got a man, I kill ím! You just about the right size, too, cause the only ribs I wanna see is when we´z barbaquein´!
Random guy in the mall: Oooh, girl, I lick yo´ boots fo´yo´ numba!
Yeah, I get all the winners.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I have had the rather interesting: "you have the most beautiful breasts" from a guy going the pick up line. It is a lot more straightforward than complimenting a girl on her eyes

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hmmm..got a few things to say on this topic myself, but it looks like a thread for the ladies.

I better stay out of it...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

2,905 posts

Posted:
I am not much of a ladies man, well hell to be honest I am a chicken when it comes to asking women out but there is one thing that I make sure of is that I am respectfull at all times. Maybe thats why I never get to far, it seams that women always seem to go for the jerks in life. I wish I could find someone that would just be interested in a simple "Hi" and no fancy hubbub talk.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I should probably point out that the "beautiful breasts" comment didn't work cos he was a jerk. I have often found "hi" a fairly attractive come-on... (Unfortunately I am currently taken )

[ 27 May 2002, 17:18: Message edited by: Rozi ]

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Pele, good luck for the world cup
to steal a line from Dr Evil, it's really shit that "things got weird" for you at work.

along the same thinking that..
"the best way to kill an enemy is to turn them into a friend"
it is unfortunate that the opposite holds true... that the worst way to lose a friend is for things to 'get weird.' I guess it's only with the sadness of the mornings after do we fully guage just what was lost. This topic be close to my heart, as I have met the most amazing girl - her thoughtful and serene nature allowed me to the first wholly platonic love i've ever had for a girl. I'm glad now that I've learnt first-hand that not all attractions involve the union of hips. It must be said tho, that not all dudes out there are out for one thing. A lot are, to be sure! but not all!
/waits for a Jerry Springer fan to prove me wrong

may we all grow up.

(Scotland for the world cup wooT!)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Yeah , I would have to go w/ Ray on that sort of stuff 2, but if it is a really hot chick I occasionally start to stutter

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
very well said Bender_the_Offender!!!

quote:
But usually I just run to the safety of my car and lock the doors .

Malcolm! has your kitty been harrassing you? it's not your fault...

[ 28 May 2002, 08:37: Message edited by: rex ]

2,905 posts

Posted:
Luckily I dont have the stuttering problem, I just have the pure cowerdice problem I see a beautiful woman I tend to just sit back and admire her from a distance that way I can avoid sick to the stomache feeling when she either rejects me or rejects me and kicks me in the nuts... actually I am just afraid to try.

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Bender,

quote:
"it is unfortunate that the opposite holds true... that the worst way to lose a friend is for things to 'get weird.' "
the hell it is! The worst way to lose a friend is to have them catch you with their mom right after you've eaten their cat. And then they get sucked into another dimension, taking your right foot with them, and now the two of you share an unwanted psychic link through your distant right foot and the large cannon that has appeared in its place which goes off any time you think about your friend's mom.

"getting weird"? pfah.

uh, unless that's what you meant by "getting weird", in which case, yeah. I totally aggree.

Pele:

Yeah, saying you have PWB is probably the most effective course of action. Unless of course you really do have PWB, in which case I recommend consulting an herbalist about a topical ointment. PWB usually clears up in a week or so as long as you don't scratch or wear tight, chaffey clothing.

Canada for World Cup! Woot- oh, wait. We're not in this year...

Hugs to all (the kind that are welcome and say "I acknowledge our friendship and do not wish to go any further with it, regardless of physical attraction. Furthermore, how's your sister? I always did dig chicks with glasses.)

Yeah, a hug can say a whole lot.

[ 28 May 2002, 14:38: Message edited by: Rick ]

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
uh, unless that's what you meant by "getting weird", in which case, yeah. I totally aggree.
lol ohmigawds
/falls at the feet of Rick bearing golden billy idols and pez.
aw man that was the most hilarious mental image man. cannons...
again, i feel cheated

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
...Yet another tale in which Pele tries to tell us all how much everyone loves her but makes it look like a real problem.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
If you were mine, youd have to find a new job, because someone would get thumped on the skull for such an act.

I tend to restrian on one offense (with the pleading of my wife), but any more than that, and someone gets a stern talking you, and i will talk you into getting physical.

Ask the last fucker that tried to put his hand up my wife's (at the time girlfriend) skirt....twice while they were sitting on the couch at a party..I even gave him a chance to apologize...some people just arent too bright.

I have much anger this week...more than usual

Super.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Super, love, you okay m'dear?

Rick, first, glad to see you posting, second of all glad to see you haven't lost your humor! Funny!

NYC, ummmm...think not. Would rather he called me a cow. His family is weird too, I have had the displeasure of meeting them recently. His brother is just like him. Bleck!

PWB was in the store with me today when my boss hit on me! There are no boundaries it seems. I don't know...sigh....
It has eased off but not stopped.

Pele

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey, I said I was sorry Sup, there was a gummy candy stuck to her skirt I was trying to get, I swear!

(Feeble attempt to reduce your anger with sarcastic Simpsons reference...)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh, everyone's grumpy right now aint they? Even the implaccable Superman is feeling grumpy. And I got a tad shouty today too. Must be the season or something......

Meh

6,978 posts

Posted:
an eye for and eye makes the world go stratch out their 5 squid notes.

smile for life!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Pele,

sounds like its time to pull out the big guns:

"I don't like you"

"I really don't like you"

&

"Have I introduced you to my lawyer & my brother who is a policeman?"

Seriously, though, it really sounds as though it is getting out of control. There are things you can do without escalating it to such a level (but you always can).

1. Do you have a trusted colleague who you can ask to quietly take him aside & say "listen, I have noticed you seem to be interested in Pele. She seems a little upset about this. It may be an idea to back off, mate."

2. Do you have another manager/higher level colleague you can talk to about this?

3. Does this guy have a boss you can talk to quietly on this and get some resolution? (Note that this may result in formal action against him so it should be done with care & caution)

With all of these things he may respond badly. So document what is occurring (keep a diary of dates & statements, & if anyone can corroborate your story, ask them to keep a record too). If you need to make a formal complaint against him, do.

Restrain PWB, let him know what action you have decided to take so he doesn't worry so much & give him a massive hug.

You don't have to deal with this alone. You may choose to, but whatever you do, keep that record because it may become important.

Hope my suggestions help. Be careful & be safe

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
...Back on topic, I guess that's one of the pluses of working for a job like mine. Stuff like that would never fly at a school. And if it were a corportate job, you'd be set for life (sexual harassment $$$)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
im ok now..its just a very touchy subject with me. I dont get worked up very easily, but when something does push my buttons....

grrrrrrrr.

Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks Rozi. I have thought about all those measures, and I do keep a record, which I have a copy of that I mailed to myself. This way he can't say I went home and made it all up that night. I have it sealed and dated to prove it. I have also been given a few things from work, from all the bosses, that have been written off the books, including a $1500 animal and caging (it was dieing, I rehabilitate these things soo...) but I made sure there were plenty of witnesses to that as well. He also has picked up again, yesterday he tried to hold my paycheck hostage until I agreed to a date. Today he came up behind me and started rubbing my back and just leaving his hand on my back while he was doing stuff behind the desk where I was working. I ended up "accidentally" stepping on his foot (there was a customer standing there so I couldn't tell him off the way I wanted to). I can also be this massive sarcasta-bitch and he has gotten that side of me alot lately. He thinks I am just joking.
However, things are really getting complicated now. Money keeps turning up missing. A few days ago it was $388, which somehow seemed to return the next day. Money has been coming up missing since before I worked there, but I am really watching my ass now so that none of this can be turned back on me. We have a "spy" for the owners in our store alot and I truly think that they are there to watch over my boss, but it makes things even more funky.
I can see this now, I turn him down so suddenly the owners have a tip to investigate me as the thief. I think not. The owners are coming down tomorrow when my boss isn't there, so it'll be interesting to see what transpires.

Crap like this is why I didn't want to take on another job outside of the performing and writing!

Anyway, thanks all for the ear and support and much love....

Pele

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Just remember a few things:

1. You are devastatingly attractive. But most men can control themselves even with that. This is not your fault. It is his problem, not yours.

2. You have friends who care about you, and would happily line up with baseball bats to swing at this guy. Hopefully it is only the mental image of this you will need as support, rather than the actual

3. Always conduct yourself in such away that, no matter what happens, you walk away with respect for yourself.

Keep us posted. I have Kinudin in the wings sharpening his throwing spoon if required (you didn't think that whole handing out candy business was anything more than a front, did you? )

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Tell yourself this:- Screw the weirdo's you get to grow your own plants at work......
Sit back, roll up and forget them - lol

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Can we just have the international gathering in the store and everyone can tell your boss what they think of him?

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.