SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Well I finally got to spin fire and it ROCKED!!

I've had a set of Kevlar fire poi for almost 2 weeks now and haven't had the chance to light them and finally got the chance to. (read: it hasn't rained in two days)

I was not expecting the sound. I knew that they made noise but, WOW, they are loud. I did a few basic moves, I didn't want to attempt anything to drastic. All I could think of was hitting myself and totally making an ass out of myself.

I would like to say that all the advice that I have gotten from everyone here has helped immensely.

Now I'm totally hooked even more than I was before.

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
The sound is beautiful. I have heard it described as being cocooned. You are surrounded by this rushing crackling air.

Congratulations on your first fire experience

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Tigmember
20 posts

Posted:
Congratulations,
I just got my fire Poi as well, unfortunatly I haven't gotten a chance to try them yet.. I'm hoping for tomorrow night. I cant wait. Any last minute advice?

-Tig

What?? A gorilla wearing a smoking jacket and grass skirt. So What? Did he have a Sherlock Holmes pipe in his mouth? Ummmmm.... Why?

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Congratulations to the class of 2002. You’ve all proved more or less adequate. This is a time for celebration, so sit still and be quiet.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Congratulations! I was the same way my first time. Just stuck to what I know and gradually working up to doing all the things I can also do unlit, lit. The sound is very cool, one of my favorite things about it.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
oh the song the song of fire spinning around you from you and universe anyway fire is very much all about rythem when i'm spinning people put music on or whatever unless its a drumming circle or live amplified music i can't hear it and instead i play the air fire drum critiquing myself from video i learned i changed moves too soon so since now it feels like i'm playing a drum and sounds like it my transitions from move to move a far more smooth and more asethetically pleasing so play tha funky music
oh congradulations all of ya'll what its like to do that new move for the first time

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I love the sound that fire makes when you spin it.

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
The one thing that I was told was that I lean slightly forward when spinning and the torches come VERY close to hitting me in the head when dong a few moves. I guess it's time to relearn some moves.
Did anyone else have to change how they did things to correct mistakes in technique so that they didn't light themselves on fire?

Can't wait till this weekend to play more. I'm even more addicted now than when I first tried tennis ball poi.

Another funny thing is that I noticed is, that you can feel the heat move arround your body and it gives you a vague notice of where the poi are while your spinning.

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

Brigemember
10 posts

Posted:
DUDE! I know...I just twirled fire poi for the first time 2 weeks ago and I was SO surprised by the sound...they are so loud and it sounds awesome..i wasn't expecting that at all, i love surprises.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I spun fire for the first time about two weeks ago and I can not thank Pozee enough I love it there is really is nothing funner to do. I love the sound it is amazing

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"