mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Hello all,

For a while now, I've been working on some software to simulate glow toys. It got a bit of a kick from the disucssion over [Old link] , and now the first version is ready... Hopefully wink

Instructions
You need java 1.4.1 or later. It might work with earlier versions, but I don't know...

Download the zip file from here.

Unzip it, and (on the command line) change into the new directory that's been created, and write:
java -jar lightsequence.jar

(It might be that in windows if it's all set up you can just double click on the jar file, I don't know frown)

There *should* be instructions in the menu at the top. If you only get a really small window coming up, then just resize it, or maximise it (it's a complicated interface, so it needs as much space as possible)

There's some example sequences in the sequences directory, to give you an idea for things to play with.

It is an early version, so it'll probably fall over and do wierd things - let me know, and I'll try and fix it. If lots of people are having trouble figuring out java on windows then let me know and I'll try and write a little guide.

Here's some example pictures to get you excited:

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Happy Playing!

monkeys ate my brain

Klaymen180 posts

Posted:
that was a bit of fun smile. Man I'd love to see that as poi in real life, have to rig up a bit of complex circuitry i think ;P. Nice work.

- Klaymen

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
Wow, you mean it worked! Excellent!

OK, competition time... There's a prize of the most amusing monkey picture I can find for whoever makes the coolest sequence in the next couple of weeks

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

monkeys ate my brain

Klaymen180 posts

Posted:
hehe. I would, but I'm finding myself distracted enough from exams as it is ;P. I'll play after then =)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Wow.
Like major Wow.

Ultra major Wow.

Now I can see why I havent got my hat. Youve been busy doing this!

and I forgive you.

Thats sick.

(fancy doing my Uni java project foor me?)

How do I view the coding?

But serious respect to you for that!!

(oh..and by the way.. for Windows you can just double click the Light Sequence file)

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Now we just need to write some hardware interfacing so the patterns can be uploaded / programmed into our PIC-driven poi smile That's antoher little feature I'm working on for the Poi I'm building - the ability to re-program so people can create their own patterns and then share them with others!

The software works here at work btw. Can't spend too much time playing with it here - my boss'll get grumpy wink
EDITED_BY: FireGeeK (1095842648)

Cake or Death?