Forums > Social Discussion > Movie review: Harry Potter

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
hokay so, read first laugh at me later, im not a massive fan of the books or the movie, i think the books are a clever collection of all the classic, if over used fantasy elements,

i didnt like the first two movies much, (except for Sean biggerstaff that is)but this one is much better, the main characters are much more realistic, they actually seem like real friends, and teenagers, the most bizzare thing they added though is a talking, jamacian, shrunken head, yes you read that right, i mean it dosent even make sense, oh well, artistic lisense,

i actually went at midnight, mainly because ive always wanteds to go to a midnight premire,especially for lord of the rings, but ive never been able to, anyways, id like to know what other people thought of it, so lets hear it>>>>>>much luv

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
oh god the soul/marble thing was so stupid, for the rest of the movie they asum e that youv read the books and know whats going oon,then all of a sudden they feel like they have to do a stupid visual representation of whats going on, ick, that was bad

firebunny, i get what your saying, it felt alot like one long trailer, after i saw it i felt like i still hadent really seen it

still liked it though winkpeace

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

stripesSILVER Member
stranger
41 posts

Posted:
I'd say that as a film it's ok. it's worth watching, it keeps you amused for a couple of hours, and it's worth watching a few times. however, there is simply no comparison to the books. and i don't think that people should even be allowed to see it until they've read all 5 books.

they did jump around a lot, cutting corners and assuming that everyone had read the books. i know they have to do that to a certain extent, but the only person i took who hadn't read them spent about an hour after asking questions (mostly about the whole Peter Pettigrew being the rat thing).

think they took a couple of cheap shots too, especially with the the dementors and stuff. and i think that they were desperate to add a few more famous names to the already impressive cast. what the hell was Lenny Henry doing as the random head thing???

anyway, rant over. i shall go read the books again to calm myself down

remember; they can't break you if you don't have a spine

Page: