MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, I swear this isn't a plug or a grab for attention. (Ok, so it's a plug, but it's because I care about you all).

Under the "Information" tab on the bar to the left, click on "Health & Safety." In there, there's an article that I wrote on First Aid for burns. Or you can just click here.

Please, please print out a copy of this article and keep it with your fire gear.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
hey way cool. i wish i was all smart like you and had an article published on here. ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
thanx man! hug that last piccy is gross though, hope that never happens to me eek

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Phew! That looks like it smarts. Havent burnt myself yet. *touches wood* But I'lll keep this thing close with me when ever I'm Staffing.

Can u get a 3rd degree burn from a staff? seems unlikely... not that I'm doubting ur word or anything...

peace Peace Out! meditate

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Rabid Dog,

Third degree burns are the most rare type, but they can happen. I'd imagine that the most likely situations would be: 1) Getting splashed with burning fuel and 2) having a lit chain toy (like a poi) wrap around a limb.

As you can imagine, a third degree burn basically involves the skin getting cooked through, so it does take some extended exposure to the heat to happen.

So I'd say that a third degree burn is unlikely, but you should still know the appropriate first aid for it.

weavesmiley

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Cool, I'll keep that in mind.

I dabble in the arts of Poi weavesmiley but never got into it as much as staff. Cheers 4 the info though!

peace Peace Out! meditate

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."