Page:
PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I've had a new tatto done it's a really special one for me it's not one of those pointless tats.
It symbolises me and my partner living together in harmony.
My question is have you got a tat and what was the reason for getting it done??

Cheerz Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
hey
i have a tattoo, i designed it with the tattoo artist its in a very trible form. i know what you mean with the symbolism. i got mine to symbolise a complete turn around in the perception of my life, the eraser of niativity. i feel that i wouldnt want to get something so perminante if it didnt hold some sort of sentamentality behind it!

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Do you have any pictures of your tattoo?

Meh

Shadeymember
12 posts

Posted:
i have "my lucky star" on my left pinky, me & my best friend had the stars tatted on us when we were 14, it looks crappy now but ill never have it altered or covered up..its my way of remebering her (may she rest in peace). i have the same rose my mother had tattooed on her back when she was 16. i have a hawaiian hibiscus on my left ankle for my son (hes hawaiian) and will soon have my nick name "Shadey" on my left shoulder blade with a buttterfly, i loooooooove butterflys.

~*fire was created in the beauty of passion*~

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I'll be getting mine in two weeks... hopefully... it's one I drew, I call it bad Kitty... It's a cute kittens paw which has just clawed my skin open... cute but evil at the same time... I drew it after a break up... so in a way it mean to me to be more careful...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Diamond shaped yin-yang, tip of my right hip bone.
A friend used to tell me that no matter who I encounter I always seemed to compliment them personality wise, that I seemed to forever be a yin to a yang, but at the same time I was more like a diamond shaped peg trying to fit in a round
hole. Now it helps to remind me to keep that balance and not lose myself.
I have others designed, and I am having them done in henna auburn color instead of black!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

1,903 posts

Posted:
I'm going to see if falloutboy can post my bad kitty design... I have noooo idea how to use this 21st century grey box you people call a com-put-er...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I don't have any tattoos and think they're horrible things. I've never seen any that I like and wouldn't encourage anyone to get one either.

*tiptoes quietly away*

Meh

1,903 posts

Posted:
yeah you better leave...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*fearing what Arsn might do, sits quietly outside absently looking at one of the dragons eye tattoos on his arm*

Meh

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

[Arsn's tattoo]
here kitty..

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

shutterpoimember
12 posts

Posted:
I have a pair of gargoyles between and on my shoulder blades. I designed it myself (makes it that much more personal) and the tattoo artist drew up the final design with some added touches (he does amazing work). Gargoyles warded off evil on catherdals and churches in the old days (not that I'm religious ), so where some say they're ugly, I think of them as guardian angels. If a tattoo itself doesn't mean anything, I believe it should at least represent a time in ones life (hardships, partnerships etc).

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Arsn, your design is awesome. I saw a t-shirt like that the other day and thought about getting it (then realized I would need money to do that).

I'm actually susposed to get another tattoo tomorrow. The one I'm getting will be the Kali Yantra from Nepal on the area of my back my "friend calls the backdoor to your heart." Yantras are Hindu geometrical designs that are for protection and blessings from the the deities. Kali is the one that I wouldnt say I worship, but rather feel connected to and try to emulate. If I'm able to get it done, I'll be very happy.

On my lower back I already have a bat (symbol of rebirth, psychic ability and intuition and sexuality and just one of my favorite animals). Underneath it is some red (color of strength, courage, survival skills and the root chakra) celtic knotwork (symbolizing the interconnected-ness of all things in the universe, including me.)

That's about it for now..............

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

Damiamember
15 posts

Posted:
Hmm, I've got two myself. One on either upper arm. The first one I got was a skeleton holding a top hat and cane and dancing. The second one is a picture I got out a comic book of a lady kneeling on the ground with her back to you, naked, holding one of those drama type masks. Difficult to explain. You can sort of see a pic of it here : https://www.infestation.za.net/images/tat.jpg

Other than that, they don't really symbolize anything, except maybe the skeleton which I just thought suited my personality. Care free and happy.

Want to get another one soon, but haven't decided what it's going to be yet. I found a picture of another naked woman with her back to you holding this whopping big sword that I'm tempeted to put on my forearm.

Damia.

Mother always told me I'd wet my bed if I played with fire. Guess I'll just have to buy some rubber sheets.

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
i got a black tribal design at the base of my spine. I dont have any pics i'm afraid but its lush. Kinda represents the smoothness of life but also its darker edges. My tat was done on my 18th birthday and my boyf got one done at the same time. Its wonderful cos we each have something to remind of eachother and good times even if we arent together in the future.

we're hoping to get new ones (its weird this thread came up now actualy!)when we go to oz, i might get one on my shoulder or a star&barb design around my left wrist. I think edd wants a huge one.

Incidently, anyone know any fantastic tatt artists between Cairns and Sydney???

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
weehooo, tattoos are lurrvely
I always wanted one, but never had the right design. until one night i was doodling.. as you do , and i drew my design.
my parents are both irish and had a strong irish upbringing. So I designed a stylised shamrock with a trinity knot (symbolising mind, body, spirit, its a shape that continues and never ends...) inside.
I felt so strongly about my design that i got it on my right upper arm. which was a surprise to even myself, but it just felt right.
i feel like i was born with my tattoo

i do have a thing for tatts, i think (mostly) they are ultra sexy..
waaaa hey!

stay smilin

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
fall out that is a nice design!! Twirlyvic wrist designs hurt more than most places but the effect is fantastic thats where I had my last one done, it took 1 1/2 hours sitting in some of the most uncomfortable posistions, I've also got a scorpion on the top of my right arm. I've always wanted one done ever since I can remember (I'm a scorpio) Best advice I give anyone who wants another or there first tat is have it designed or design it your self that way you know its a one off and there's nothing like it in the world.

Plus it's a way of truly making your body different from every other.

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
So... tempted...

Gah, just remembered I'm 5'10" and weigh 9.5 stone, so have about as much flesh on me as a radish.

Hence the pain and ow.

Plus, I'm a wuss.

But still... so... tempted...

Maybe just a little one?
https://www.MacHall.com/iotm/sketchers/008.jpg
(the one at the top)

I'd have to ask him first...

Posh ravers wear ties.

Jimmember
24 posts

Posted:
I spent some time with the mentawi people in West Sumatra. They're covered in simple tattoes (mostly lines) all over they're bodies as they only wear loincloth and they see tattoes as their permanent clothing. Before I left I got one of their tats done to remember the experience. It represents the sun and its on my left shoulder. The shamen used two bits of bamboo and a safety pin I provided to do the tat, using sugar cane juice and charcoal from a fire for the dye. The colours not as prominent as a normal tat cause of the natural dye, but I really like it.

Its a fish!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Actually, tatoos are against my religion (I'm Jewish). It's all the same to me, since I have never seen a design that I would want to wear on my body for the rest of my life.

But I have to say that I respect those of you who can make that commitment.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
I have two right now and working on the third and forth. The first was a tribal butterfly on my upper right arm, two weeks before our wedding my husband and I deceided since we were going to scar each other emotionally for the rest of our lives we might as well scar each other phisically But seriously it was a symbol of how my husband helpped me to come out of my cacoon, spread my wings and enjoy the world for what it is.

The second is from Brian Froud's good fairies/bad faeries book, his name is Boon and he is to protect over me and care for me. Whenever I get really down I just look into his big beautiful eyes and I knwo his light will lead me through (ok kinda sappy, but hey whatever gets you through, right?)

The next two will be a pheonix (my love of fire) on my lower back and probably a curled up drake over my heart (symbolize my husband protecting me and my heart at all times) but since I'm not sure of the design yet they wont happen.

Plus I already agreed with myself to get the belly button peirced next. probably next week. Just a question, but does anybody else work in a business formal office and considered the freak of the office for the fire and the tattoos? They actually introduce me to clients that way sometimes? sorry for the side note, but this seemed like an ok place to put it.
Molly

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
I've got 1.

T'izn't very hexiting (actually its rather boring)
but it's on my butt, so I only ever have to see it when I'm spanking myself..

Az abouve, So below...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I have two... one is a drow elf maiden clawing her way out of my back and the second is a Japanese character on my foot that stands for spirit, the reason I got that one is so I can always walk in the path of spirit... of my spirit and also my guides and angels... its a constant reminder of what path Im on and where Im going...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm too indecisive to have a tattoo, I'd only go and change my mind halfway through my life!

DFQ - I'm so glad it's only 10 steps to a cold shower!...

dig_for_firemember
7 posts

Posted:
the direct action sabo-kitty on my wrist. it also symbolizes my beloved black cat, wooby, who mysteriously disappeared after 12 years....she was such a badass.

::Spatula City!::

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i have a few piccies>>
www.poiinthepark.co.uk/back.jpg www.poiinthepark.co.uk/tribal.jpg
future: tribal flames to complete both sleves.
more implants and a sub insission.

Celestemember
48 posts

Posted:
I have two right now on my back, rather simple but I love them. My first is a crane (a symbol of grace and beauty) and the second is a crow (a spiritual guide.) Two more birds to come and I really want a band of stylized fire around my left arm, but I am afraid it might be a little too masculine.

Life is serious, but art is fun!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I've got a large snake on my outside right calf, and large flames on the inside of my calf (both come nearly up to my knee). I'm getting a half sleeve in a week (and counting...) My snake has meaning, the flames sort of relate to the snake, and my sleeve has elements of meaning, and of decoration.

BTW - Twirlyvic, I know some great artists between Sydney and Brisbane. Drop me a line and I'll pass on some names....

'be bright, get tattooed'

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've always been tempted to get a tattoo, but my completely irrational fear of needles keeps stopping me.
If I was actually to get one, I've got pages and pages of swirley purple doodles I'd probably use as a template.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
CELESTE!!

DO IT! I think flame bands on girlz r incrediblee sexy. (might just be the the butch/dyke coming out in me but....)

Az abouve, So below...

Aishamember
8 posts

Posted:
I always wanted to get an Elf tatood on my back because thats the name of the place where I first discovered the phenomena of mind-altering Goa and Psychedelic trance and picked up my partying habbit! But now I'm thinking that I might make that a poi-twirling Elf!

[ 11 May 2002, 03:40: Message edited by: Aisha ]

An illegal and inferior sound for which you payed good money...

Page: