*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
Leicester! wave

Is there any kind of poi/staff/anything meet up in Leicester? I don't know anyone here that spins so it's just me in the back garden! ubbcrying Please invite me! I'll bring cookies!

EDITED_BY: Døm (1082422761)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey popoi wave

i beleive there is a group in leicester somewhere. ms.flowing chalice invited us over for a spin last year but we still haven't taken her up on the offer yet... (although we'd love too if she get's back in touch!)

alternatively you could come hang out with us in notts. [Old link] hug

good luck finding them! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey-ho, my ears doth burn!

I haven't been out and about all winter cos I'm lazy, but there are elusive folks in this here land far more dedicated than I! Translated - yup, peeps do play in leicester smile Usually at Bede Island/the quay if you want to hook up sometime for a weavesmiley

Duballstar - would be great to meet you & anyone else notts way that fancies coming over for a sesh. Invitations do not expire!

I'll pm you my mobile number if either of you are up for it and will get some people together for fairy frolicks!!! clap

>edit< Cookies!!!!! who told you?
EDITED_BY: flowingchalice (1082550503)

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that would be really wicked weavesmiley, when do u normally meet? I'm working full time at the mo frown so evenings and weekends for me only. How many people normally go? age/sex/occupation? Oh look at me the curious cat! Thanks for the info! biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hey fc... danny tells me you guys meet thurs but that's when we meet! eek
maybe we could hook up for a special intercity spin on some other day tho. grouphug

all i need now is to find someone with a car, they're few an far betwen round here... rolleyes

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Didn't know we meet on thursdays!... but thinking about it now, I always end up not going cos I do other stuff on that day! Right, will have to try and change that. Like I said, I haven't been out for most of the winter redface

Will have to bundle people into cars and come over to you if it's easier... there's a festival day on at the end of May in Leicester that everyone will be spinning at - the more the merrier. I think it's the 30th. I'll put details up in the next week when I've got them.

Until we get organised... many happy & triumphant spins bounce (how cute?!)
*~FC~*

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
frown I hate it when it rains and I want to go and spin! I was really looking forward to meeting up tonight but hey ho will just have to be another time.
I don't even think anything would light in this. GRRRRR.....

Another time maybe? smile sunny ubbrollsmile

littlemisshelennewbie
17 posts

Posted:
we do poi in leicester... come join us! we are the de montfort university poi soc but anyone can join. we're thinking of tuesday evenings in the union building

mmm... flammable

Spanknewbie
8 posts

Posted:
dmu poi society night is tuesdays 6-7 in the campus centre building. anyone is welcome to come along but we have to charge £10 membership to cover insurance costs etc... its some indoor spinning space so we're ok in wet weather but cant have fire inside. bring some poi along and spin with us - we'd love to see you

Steph Malcolmmember
1 post

Posted:
hello alli am movingtoleicesteron weeknd with my parter who is looking for a active spinning meet in leicester or for people who want to meet up and give it a go all welcome spinners, breathers, poi

email him stuartsteptoe@gmail.com