tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Do a 2bt weave in the wall plane, where instead of the poi going behind you, they go between your body and your arms, kind of like doing a windmill. Sure it's been mentioned but i can't find it where i thought it was. Anyway, it's great fun, you can do some odd things with it... 3bt forwards to 3bt reverse without moving, and what would be a btb waistwrap if it actually went btb. and if you do hyperloops in and out, you get what i call airwraps.

--ben

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I believe it's called a "Stooper Dooper Innie Outie Cross Warp Mach II"

But don't hold me to that... rolleyes ubbangel

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Some people call that an inverted weave. Inversions are when the poi go between your body and your arms.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
errm, I know inverted weave as something entirly diffrent, that happens buzzsaw, and i use 'inside' for between the arms and the body...

the move your describing tentical is called watermill or low windmill. and yeah its ace.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

if you do hyperloops in and out [of a watermill] you get what i call airwraps.

that's a brilliant way to describe what an airwrap is.

i think i shall steal it and use it to teach people if that's okay with you smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Quote:

they go between your body and your arms, kind of like doing a windmill.

Nah, not a watermill....

I'd call it inside.....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
yea, 1 gold star to DSS

watermill was my *originally a joke but it stuck* name for BTL windmill/2circle weave. :LOL:

Unfortunately, like pretty much every move or definition that gets posted on HOP, someone will misenterpret it (good thing - add to creativity) and post it all over the shop (bad this leads to confusion and a low miff).

(windmill and watermill both go behind and infront)
If you wanna get hung up on terminology at least make an effort to read definitions.
biggrin

and fountain.... don't get me started on fountain.....

Other than that, i gotta congratulate Nx and simian for massive effort in keeping the poi moves forum discussion alive at the moment

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
yeah dss smile a full watermill should go from outside wallplane (in front) to outside wallplane plane (behind), just like a windmill does but low rather than high.

but most people don't bother going through the legs to get to the outside wallplane behind and instead go to the inside plane in front (between the arms and the body).

you can do this with a windmill too but its hard and has the added obstable of your face.

[editwithdisclaimercosglassrepliedwhileiwastyping:

there isn't a name for the 'watermill but not through the legs' as far as i know but i since i enjoy raping glass' definitions so much i will continue to call it a windmill until he makes up a better name than 'watermill but not between the legs'.]
EDITED_BY: coleman (1081336906)

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
inside. fair enough. although watermill was the word i was looking for. so what is inverted?

coleman: go ahead! it also helps explain the difference between a windmill and a weave...

other fun things to do: forward 3bt from inside to outside, windmill crossover to inside, 3bt reverse from inside to outside, windmill crossover to inside, rpt.
airwrap from inside to outside, then do that isolating movement that makes a 3 circle hyp and cross to the other outside, pop it back inside to unwrap...
that wall plane move where you do 5bt in front, cross behind on your right, 5bt, cross in front on your left, rpt, that works too.
turning into inside, and turning while inside. they feel... strange. i kind of do one beat of buzzsaw with the leading hand during the turn.

any other good ones?

--ben

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
in my head 'inverted' most simply means 'between the arms'.

the way i like to think of it is 'facing planes'.

thinking about mirrored planes helped for a while but this is limited to some extent.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:

> since i enjoy raping glass' definitions so much....
Yea thanks, screw you smile
> .... i will continue to call it a windmill until he makes up a better name
and if he does, it will get misinterpreted in reposted with some complety different definition within a week

ok you wanna name, you asked for it sucker ubblol
DEFINITION:
Right I'm calling it the "coleman smells of pee-pee" tongue
that is THE new CORRECT and OFFICIAL and OFFICAL CORRECT name for 2bt weave down there and inside but NOT going between the legs because your too lazy/too crap/penis is too long and gets in the way (*delete as appropriate) (that probably goes for the whole post, Can i get moderated by my flatmate???)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

actually i call it that cos thats what PK and rob call it. i never knew your name.

and id call what you call watermill '2bt btl wallplane' or maybe 'show-us-yer-arse-with-poi' ubblol

tentical, thats some red stuff, but how are you going from forwrads to backwards, are you actaully changing the direction or is it continiuing into backwards? Dragon was talking about this but wastwrapped, and i still dont get it.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
@glarse: ubblol tongue

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
its a matter of perspective, i think, the poi don't change direction.
it's just wether you cross inside on the left or right or down the middle.

--ben

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
*sratches chin*

ahhhhh.. so thats what a watermil is then(going with the non glass definition). i thought it was something else...

i had never spun poi in that space between my arms and my body before i read this thread a couple of hours ago, since then ive learnt the watermill smile

so thanks tenticle (and everyone else) for bringing this to my attention hug

i reckon btb looks fairly dooable aswell?
biggrin

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
Ok... Start with a 5bt weave, forwards, starting on your left.
cross to the right, and turn wall plane.
begin a 4bt inside weave, entering when you would normally crossover to take a wall plane 5bt behind you on the right.
to exit the 4bt inside, normaly the poi in your right hand would cross to the outside- instead of this, isolate it a bit, and let it come up over your left arm, and you're into a buzzsaw weave. you can take this over to the other side, then exit it normally, or isolate a bit more and exit inside. you can also exit on the same side, but you end up with your arms twisted up, so you'd better have a quick transition to the other side (or the inside) ready.

so i guess you could do inside weave to buzzsaw weave to inside weave on the other side to buzzsaw weave, etc.

guess thats why arashi put them all together in that one thread.

Arashi, what's a quadruples move then?

--ben

p.s. don't exit from a buzzsaw weave, but keep the poi spinning and follow them with you arms- you do a 2bt weave with your arms folded. then do a buzzsaw weave exit to get back to normal

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wow that's crazy another case of someone posting a move i was doing the previous night for the first time in a while. that move looks great with a salsa step BTW.
yes that's whgy i posted them together and (in my language) their names sound similar too (inverted and inside)

quadruples? did i call somehting that? confused

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Four plane weaves?

--ben

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
oh i meant it will multiply your move possibilitites by like four. doing all the isolated inside and inverted weave variations on the spider. or "weave moves"
although there are cool four plane weaves, like i said i think inverted weaves look better in four planes. i don't know why i said quadruples that was just a number... i pretty much just type whatever i can as fast as i can off the top of my head and go so sometimes things tie together like that in a transdimensional mumbojumbo. confused beerchug

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
how is it that i have never herd any of u talk about "figure 8" is anyone even familiar with it? ubbtickled i'm sure of that but maybe u guys call it something else its like a windmill but horizonal to the ground passing over your head and under your arms
soo? familiar? confused

it must be green

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
a corkscrew?

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
joulz... what you describe is a corkscrew,which is basically a figure of 8 in a different place.

figure of 8 normally means 2 beat weave to most people i think. weavesmiley

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no