Forums > Social Chat > Clarification - I am not a stripper

Login/Join to Participate

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I would like to make it very clear, once and for all, that I am not a stripper, have never been a stripper nor do I intend taking my clothes off for anyone other than my partner. I am the sort of person that takes the beach towel to the waterline...

Aside from today's [Old link] , it appears that for some time now, rumours have been circulating about me (particularly in the UK) that I am a stripper. I find it ludicrous and insulting that people on the other side of this planet feel the need to dishonour me with these falsehoods, especially when I am not there to defend myself.

I want this to stop NOW.

I am quite a spiritual individual with a healthy self-respect; anyone that has met me can vouch for this. And I hope that anyone who has met me would defend me.

I would like to ask that any HOP member who may be privvy to a conversation about "flash fire being a stripper" to please point out that these are hurtful lies. These rumour-mongers really need to find something more constructive to talk about.

As you can see, I am quite upset by all of this. I would like to be able to turn the other cheek, but I take my reputation quite seriously so must make everything abundantly clear to our community.

If anyone would like to open a dialogue with me to perhaps explain why people are saying these things about me, please do not hesitate.

thanks

flash

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
wow...

I have no idea what you are refering to, but you have my sympathy.

In South Africa I somehow got the reputation for being the worst kind of womanizer, even though I pretty much had nothing to do with women most of the time I was there.

I don't know how these things get started.

hug

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

i aint heard it flash, but then again im new, and am usually ignored in covos!

as for you vanize, ur not a womanize, just smooth! wink

Step (el-nombrie)

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
and as for you mech you probably should become a stripper with your love of nakedness and hitting people with your penile organ.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Flash I'm sorry to hear about this honey frown it's horrid when people say crule things, but this is unforgivable.

Here have a Bammy one of these hug and another for before you go to sleep hug

But I need to say that I have NEVER heard anyone say those things about you to me.

Lisa
ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug How about I just kick anyone who says it to me right in the nuts for you???

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I never heard this rumor.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto everyone else...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ditto confused

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Never heard the rumor. Though I DID have that fantasy a few years back though... wink

For the record, I am not a stripper either.

Platonic and supportive hugs to you Mz. Flash... hug Maybe some day we can double date to the Homecoming dance. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
We did have the fantasy about you too NYC! ubbloco tongue tongue

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i've never heard it either. but much hug to you

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
I've been following this for a while and I have come to the following flash:

I'm very sick with the flu right now so I hope this makes sense.

ok time to reason this through
1 - I have never heard this rumor from any one else
2 - Neither has any one else who has replied to any of the threads; at least not that they addmit (I'm trying to stay neutral with this here don't hurt me)
3 - This rumor claims to originate from the other side of the world
4 - I know your not making this up

from these givens I have to conclude the following.

this is the old rumor about a rumor trick designed to hide the actual starter of the rumor. For those who haven't seen this before it works like this.

- The rumor is thought of by this person
- The person who makes it up comes to you acting as the bearer of bad news
- They say: I hate to tell you this flash but I heard this nasty rumor about you thats been going around in the UK. This is next to impossible to conferm, and was what first warning flag that went up (right next to bs meter in my brain that then began going off like an air raid siren.)
- Next you thank the person for telling you this and they act sympathetic.
- now if all goes according to plan you then spread the rumor around yourself, trying to find the source/stop it. Causing you grief, and the sick person who started it the pleasure of starting a rumor, while being hidden.

Yes it's sick, yes it's twisted, and yah it's almost the last thing you expect. Ands it's done for everything from trying to cause you pain to trying to get in bed with you. I find rumors normally start a lot closer then most people think.

Anyway thats my theory for the day. Sh*t I should be in psyc not computer science.

Here's a hug for you flash hug hope you figure it out and drop kick the person.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nah..you should drop them....then kick them.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
While we're at it...

Clarification - I am not not a stripper.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
think that blair should start running very fast.....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
hug

not good flash, people really ought to have better things to do with their time: like playing with their poi frown

hope it all comes good

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Kaji has a good point, although in this instance I don't think it is the case.

A couple of years back, when HOP was a much smaller place (akin to a country town) I somehow managed to develop the reputation as the HOP slut. I think it was mostly because I was a noisy poster and was happy to flirt with most members... whatever - this never really bothered me that much.

More recently, a trusted friend told me that her ex-boyfriend (of HOP) told her he thought I was a stripper. This individual was from the USA (rumour location #1), however was set straight by my friend as soon as the subject arose.

During the past 24hours, in addition to the April Fool's Joke, I have recieved PMs of two individuals from the UK telling me that they have overheard/been part of conversations about me and my supposed erotic dancing. The reason I recieved these PMs is cos the April Fools joke thread I started reminded these people of past conversations. I would like to thank both these people for having the courage to tell me what's being said.

So, although Kaji has a good (and very scary) theory, I trust my informants. To be honest, I don't really want to know who is saying this stuff about me, I just want it to stop.

thanks again everyone. Your support in this has made me feel better smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
wo got such a silly idea in their head
thats so mean
hug kiss hug kiss hug kiss hug kiss hugkiss hug kisshug kiss hug kiss hug kiss hugkiss hug

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
flash you have my support hun... nasty rumours have been spread about me on hop before and its a horrible feeling... but know that I love and support you. I know your a beautiful goddess, who loves and respects herself... hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
hun in one way i coudl see that as a complament
i think you got a greta bod but im biast so meh

to for those out there who this stripping is wrongg give me 5 good resons why??

i have quit a few friends who strip for a living
or who have striped

some to help through uni
some to just pay the bills and one or to to help bring up there child who they look after by them self

if this is the only way they found they can make enough money to live then that is there choice no one elses to tel them its wrong so just keep your thoughts to yourself

i have seen the said performance that started this whole [censored] off and cat tell you all that there is in no way any mevoval of clothing. some may deeam this performance to have been erotic but i saw it a sensual and very beutiful

so jut get your imature little mind from out of the gutter and grow up

miss flashy pants im sorry for starting a kettle of fish form brewing again
hug hug hug hug hug hug

ps if you were one of the people to start this and she finds out who you are id be hiding very well if i was your cause flash is not some one to be mest with when she is pissed off
if seen what she is capable of if you tick her off big enough for her to react
and this is somthing that falls into that category

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I actually agree with Storma on a couple of things. I had a friend in college who was a physics major with a mathematics minor and a Black-Belt in Karate. And she had such a gorgeous body, it turned me on!

She learned that she could make mega-$$$ by stripping. So she found a strip club with a female manager who took good care of her dancers. And she paid her way through a fair amount of college by working far fewer hours than most students who were working at US$8 an hour (she made more like US$80 an hour).

And she had LOTS of self-respect. And she could kick the arse of any drunken creep who laid hands on her other than to stuff a tip in her G-string.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
I cant believe this is still going on!

Perhaps this is someone elses way of capitalising on the other rumour?

Poor Flashy hug

and shes been so quiet lately too - I dont understand why all this stuff is coming to a front now.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
What's wrong with being a stripper? wink

hug

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Honey hug . I think this one started way back in the eons of time as a misunderstanding. I did hear it way back when, and fortunately knew you and knew otherwise, and said so. It does seem as though no one recent on the board has come into contact with it.

A couple of people have asked "what's wrong with being a stripper?". The answer would be "there is nothing wrong with it". But I think in this instance the term has been used in a way that implies a lot of things, that are very much not true. So whilst there is nothing wrong with being a stripper, there is a lot wrong with saying someone is a stripper as a way of implying a set of behaviours and attitudes.

hug Just carry on shining, sweet princess.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Out of respect for Flash I don't think we should endulge the "what's so wrong with being a stripper" arguement ON THIS THREAD. And since it's a sensitive topic right now all over HoP, maybe even THIS SITE.

It's an interesting arguement which I'd love to participate in but I don't think that this is the time or the place.

Flash clearly has expressed discomfort with these claims and I think we should respect her discomfort.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Fair call. Apologies.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

posted by flash fire
So, although Kaji has a good (and very scary) theory, I trust my informants. To be honest, I don't really want to know who is saying this stuff about me, I just want it to stop.

thanks again everyone. Your support in this has made me feel better smile

arn't people sick? I had it happen to me and to a a couple friends. We learned the hard way on that one.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
and in no way was i asking flash if there was somthing wrong with it but more over that those who have implyed this of her to stop think and shut the [censored] up before they say any more hurtful things about some one i hold as a dear friend

that they should think first that there implications are unjust and unfounded about any one they think is oen or of there pregades of those who are

love and light
blair

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"