DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Apart from Glasgow Juggling Club, does anyone know of any regular poi meets, "poi in the park" kind of thing in Glasgow? There seems to be loads in Edinburgh, but not here. weavesmiley

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i know a couple of spinners there... not personally, but in a 'know of' sense that i could look up(over time, i am reknowned for being bad at this....)
but azrelle on PIP is one; and Nix? should know a couple... and look at the convention list in EPG there should be a few postings there from glasgow spinners.....

come and say hello in the burgh tho whenever you're over...
R biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Thanks, I'll maybe appear at some point. I keep seeing posts from tepooka and people from Edinburgh. I lived there for years - maybe I picked the wrong time to leave. I'm pretty much a beginner at poi - but keen! smile

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Bluecat, I just looked at the Tepooka webpage, but the list of workshops are a bit out of date. I'd love to go to one - juggling, poi, anything really. Are there any coming up this year?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmmhuh.

i'm in the middle of devising a new list of workshops for interested parties... most of the workshops on that list are comm.ed ones for kids to learn basics not people wanting to improve....

but thats changing. and we will have some new and improved facilities too soon i hope

i'll be posting it all up in EPG when its sorted.

see ya
Rob

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Ahem... being a noob, what and where is EPG? smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
biggrin sorry:

Events Performances and Getherings forum....

smileR

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Okay, thanks, I'll keep a look out.

DuckKarmaGOLD Member
99 posts

Posted:
Hey, you there! Yes, you reading this! smile You from Glasgow? Know of any poi groups, 'cos I haven't had any definitive answer yet. Thanks.

-=Sidhe=-member
22 posts

Posted:
I was wondering when someone was going to ask that question... and it looks like I misssed it.

Anyhoo... I'm in Glasgow and there's a bunch of us meet up to spin fire every couple of weeks, but hopefully more often as we get nearer to summer.

Meetups tend to be pretty impromptu at the mo, with only a couple days notice at most, but we're a friendly crowd and we love to have new people join us, so let me know and I'll sort you out with contact details.

biggrin

Gav

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Duckarma and Gav should swap phone numbers methinks...

confused

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
lalala just cos its not been mentionesd on here yet duckAlex and i went to Glasgow Juggling club

its a Wednesday at 7.30 till 9.30 dont ask me where its up away from hillhead kelvin? i may be lying...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

-=Sidhe=-member
22 posts

Posted:
Yeah... I ,sort of know where that is. Been thinking of going along there for a while, but not sure if I really get anything out of that whole club/workshop environment.

Besides, I really can't juggle and start feeling all inferior redface.

If you can promise me an evening where there'll be a few spinners around, and it's a nice, dry evening (I hear they let you play with fire outside the hall) , I might be tempted along. smile

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
theres always a couple of spinners.... they're just masquerading as jugglers...

I'll shout when i'm heading up.. and i'll bring my toys...

Are you gonna go to beltane? check out the events thread! Its a must for firey spinners! YOU READING THIS DUCKY?

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

jaggypromotionsnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
LOOKING FOR GLASGOW FIRE SPINNER/THROWER

please please help I need a fire spinner for at upcoming gig, my company are looking for jst approx 30mins-1 hour set we are looking for, its on guy fawkes night 5th NOvember in Glasgow Soundhaus, plz email me on jaggy_gigs@hotmail.co.uk or www.myspace.com/jaggypromotions if u can help or know any1 that can,

thankx alot Victoria