LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
I got bored the other day, tying fancy knots, and I did a monkey's fist (turks head style) around a marble with a nice little tail, figured I might as well make a pair of them so now I have keychain size poi... Spin fast.. a bit short for my liking, and act more like glowsticks than anything... Hurt just as much when you whack a knuckle with them too...

horrible horrible scan

Anyone else have tiny little mirco poi they carry around?

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

CirRusBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
HAHAHAA OMG man those are great ubbtickled

The only poi i carry around are my keys since ive got then on one of those lanyard things. I find myself walking around spinning em sometimes. Poi just cant leave me alone can it rolleyes

A cute girl after I finished spinning fire at this party :
"OMG ur soo hot!" biggrin

I love being a fire spinner

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
They're sooo kewl!! I've been trying to do a monkey fist knot for ages cuz I'm trying to make some new poiteors....any tips on making them? Do they have to have something in the middle?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
it helps wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
i had some attached to my dog chains.
but they broke. this is the answer i have been looking for.
nips off to look for old marble collection

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Theres a couple different ways to do monkies fists, The two main ones are the turks head style and the 'other' style, those are turks. Personally I find it easier since you can just tie the knot, follow it through as many times as you want and then it all comes down to tightening it (thats the tricky part that takes the longest)

As I said, there are marbles in those and overall they come out to be about the size of a golf ball I guess. You could do more rounds and cover something larger easily. I'd step up to something like a golfball, and it would probably make a nice handle for those of you that do throws

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, umm
If you don't want something as hard or heavy as a marble or golf ball you could try using some compressed cotton wadding as the core.
I think that this is what they use when making monkeyfist firepoi.
Look great dont they?

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
hehe
i have a loooooooooooong scarf....

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
when im at work our keys have bits of rope tied to them and i have two sets of keys
when im walking arond i just twirl as i go doing weaves and butterlys people think im trying to injure them

hahaha poor deprived souls

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!

dR pSYcHoSILVER Member
88 posts

Posted:
Where can you learn to tie the knots?

taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco Damn those MexICan BANdits taco taco taco taco TACOFICATION taco taco taco taco taco taco

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I have diddy little micro poi about 15 - 20 cms long. I made them so one could go on your index finger and one can go on your little finger, can do really cool separations and weavey corkscrewey type things smile I have two sets so i can do 2 on each hand, makes for lots of little tangles and mini airwrap type things! Id scan in a picture if i had a scanner... or a picture! They rock! biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Pink has a teeny set, fluorescent pink ( rolleyes) with equally teeny rainbow tails. I know 'cos I made them for her! biggrin

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
hee hee...those tiny pink poi were GREAT, polythene!

Very cute.

biggrin

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

Shandormember
7 posts

Posted:
weavesmiley got some poi so small they live in my pocket while i'm at work and come out on breaks, they are just long flags made from a thin material, wieghted with ball bearings, and tied to a string, lightwieght and deadly fast, they role op to the size of fist.

obviosly depending on how big a fist you have ubbloco

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
We're talking smaller than that... the ones I made, it would take at least 5 of them to fill my hand... and I have tiny hands! They fit in Alice's purse.....

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

dR pSYcHoSILVER Member
88 posts

Posted:
I made them I made them I made them I made them biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

& great pre-exam de-stressers they've proved to be (apart from other medics: "Stop that, you're stressing us out!"; Trust me, they need no help rolleyes)... Such funky knots too (Was only in scouts for 3 weeks until I (personally) lost their swimming competition so wussed out and never went back.. Knots would be so useful to know!)

Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco

They help passify the Mexican Bandits loose in my brain... MmmmmmM TaCOfICaTION!! Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco Taco ubbloco

taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco Damn those MexICan BANdits taco taco taco taco TACOFICATION taco taco taco taco taco taco

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
i think thats cool.
hell every one has got to do somthing to supress the fire crazing. when your at work hell i find myself sping a broom stick at work all the time.
i know im stupid

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

PoiGirlBRONZE Member
114 posts

Posted:
I made these awesome micro poi earrings - I found tiny ball chain dangles for cheap and added a bead with real tennis ball fuzz glued on to each end...

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
Written by: native

i think thats cool.
hell every one has got to do somthing to supress the fire crazing. when your at work hell i find myself sping a broom stick at work all the time.
i know im stupid

I've spun my cloth shoulderbag (almost destroyed it wink ) and tried to learn twirling with an aluminum mop extention (without the mop head). ubblol

__

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones