t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
um im new to these forums, and i was wondering if anyone can do crossers, if people dont know what they are i would be glad to ex plain

Azrellemember
34 posts

Posted:
ok, do explain as i can think of loads of moves that could be called that

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
it is where your arms are swinging your stix/poi, from the opposite side they should be.....

right arm: is swinging the poi on your left side
left arm: is swinging your poi on the right side

the most basic variation of the crosser is in a "folded/crossed arm" position, to where your poi is doing the same as a low butterfly combination would but while your arms are crossed....

there are many other variations, just as long as your arms always crossed and are spinning the poi the opposite side of where they would noramlly spin the poi... ..ill try to make a vid and put it up..

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
umm, skirts, isolations, uglies? anything else?

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ok, what are skirts and uglies? ubblol

I do what I believe to be a crosser in wall plane. Right arm alternates between in front/back on the left side while the left does the same on the right side. I do that in both weave and butterfly format. I always classified it as a type of waiste wrap though.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

general spinmember
52 posts

Posted:
I know what hes on about, ive seen people do it when they stuck doing a weave, one guy i know did the weave thenat the point his arms crossed, instead of taking them back to thier own sides again he just left them there, most people stop ded at this point but he carried on spinning, it looked quite difficult to someone who naturally avoids doing that but it still looked good, dont know what you could do with it though, seems to be a full stop to me. Please correct me if im wrong.

Non-Https Image Link

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
skirts are 360 turns over 1 beat.

uglies are when you bring your hand over the top of your head (like your trying to scratch your back from the top) and have the the hand on the other side of your neck, thease can be crossed and skirted, i think isolations are probibly out of the question tho.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I know what hes on about, ive seen people do it when they stuck doing a weave, one guy i know did the weave thenat the point his arms crossed, instead of taking them back to thier own sides again he just left them there, most people stop ded at this point but he carried on spinning, it looked quite difficult to someone who naturally avoids doing that but it still looked good, dont know what you could do with it though, seems to be a full stop to me. Please correct me if im wrong.

Non-Https Image Link

this guy knows what hes talking about....yeah exactly, they are very difficult, even the simplist ones...they are very akward and require a lot of body movement...it is like one level above a wall plane....there are many variations...

left hand under right armpit, while your right arm is behind your back on your left side....this also is one of the easier ones, ill try to host a vid i have of me doing crossers so people will get a better picture of what im talking about...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thanks Nx? Turns out I love skirts and recently started into uglies.

Still have varying ideas of what a crosser is but oh well.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
OK, the way i understand it, a crosser is one hand crossed in front, while the other hand crosses behind your back.

Basically it's half behind the back and half weave.

You can do these with poi and double staff in wheel plane and wall plane (waistwraps), cross and follow, and they're lovely.

ubblove

It works really nicely if you move from one extreme to the other:

from

right hand in front + left hand behind

to

right hand behind + left hand in front

It feels like a spring being stretched, then pulling you back the other way, and i tend to end up flailing my arms and trying to avoid being hit with a big grin on my face.

You can do the movement from one to the other as a one beat carry or a multiple beat flower thing.

Cheers t0xic, thats one of my favourite moves with sticks and it has a name now smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Cheers t0xic, thats one of my favourite moves with sticks

Yea man it's lovely with doubles!!! I only found it a few weeks back (and it's currently my favourite). ubblove

I've not tried it in wall plane with sticks yet.

Turning from fwd->rvs 'crosser' and visa vera's nice with poi too. Wonder if I could manage that with sticks. ubbidea

This is all assuming you're right about what a 'crosser' is Simian. It sounds like something different to me (maybe what poibox refered to somewhere and the thread I now can't find, involving really complicated turns while having your arms crossed.... confused

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
okay i made a 2 short clips of crossers and wall planes....

here they are

https://www.angelfire.com/bug/tangklang/t0xics_crossers.WMV
https://www.angelfire.com/bug/tangklang/t0xics_wallplanes.WMV

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Bummer i dont have time to watch it man, but from the description i read, its the same as an offset weave... i was trying it last night... its actually a pretty simple move (as in 1 of the first moves u should learn) but it has some quality. Mind u its a killah move when it hits u clean in the mad eek and u go down in a ring of fire.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Seems your bandwidth is gone already.

But by the description Simian gave Im pretty sure I know what it is now and can do them smile

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i've been calling these moves 'hugs' cause it looks like you're hugging yourself.....

winkR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ahh...ok I see... thanks for that... smile

3,149 posts

Posted:
Reading back, i am confused, thusly: confused

are crossers are what i think they are, or are they hugs?

someone look at the WMVs and tell me. My work pcs don't play videos. Damn those pesky IT ninjas!

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
They are kinda yea.

There's several kinds in the vid though. Crossers seems to be a very loose term for a whole array of various things spanning from what we were talking bout to hugs and other various odd things.

Erm can't really explain better than that I'm afraid cause I don't use the term crosser so don't really know what qualifies one, even after seeing the vid...

I would say where the arms is around the opposite sides of the body or other side opposite arm or other side opposite leg or neck or something like that ubbangel

3,149 posts

Posted:
ah well, i suppose poi people tend to be fluffy, so they might as well have fuzzy terminology too
ubblove ubbangel

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Nice videos, I see what you mean now.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Hugs, straight jackets, and crossovers are what I've heard them called.. Save on glowsticking where everyone calls them crossers.. All though to me its always made more since as crossovers since you cross, lock your arms, and carry over to the otherside... But terms vary everywhere.. I wish I could remember what the name of the thread was that was going aroun march/aprilish when I first signed up..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Finally got the videos. The only one Ive done in practice was the first one on the crossers vid the basic weave and butterfly hugs. Nice vids though, will definately learn from em, thanks Toxic.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
no prob...
i will be realeasing more soon, just have a collection of poi sub categories would be dope....

straight jackets are the newest type of crosser, they are a crosser withen a crosser and almost impossible to get in to, when i learn more variations i will post up a vid...

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Would these straight jackets require any extra bendyness?

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
um yes....it helps if you are flexible, and are pretty skinny...like i have really retarded bendy arms, so i mean they come naturally, but i mean, if you arent that flexable, i would stretch, to get more flexible

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
working on the move will stretch you out... the same as btb... you arn't bendy or used to it, but by practicing a little each day , you slowly become more flexible..

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
I've been playing with just crossers recently, lots of cool stuff that can be done with them. Weird windmill varations and such.

iLLuZiOnmember
15 posts

Posted:
yes me and my crew member level

we are from san antonio texas

we have alot of crossers
such as

behind the back crosser
front crosser
under the leg crosser
and more,

we are planning to put out a vid soon. and show yall what we have

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
see.at this point I have to laugh...

crossers fall down description wise... because there are 5 different BTB crosers I can think of off hand.. add that to the various places... not too mentiion other variations..

crossers are like wraps. they are too generic to really name, even if they lack the sheer number that wraps have..

post a vid, and we'll see what's new.. I'm always up for more stuff..