Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
As the mess of stories concerning the last weekend slowly surface, it becomes increasingly clear that the central theme of these weekends is not actually spinning whatsoever; rather it is sex. Maybe I'm putting that too baldly, but the heady mess of tension that seems to have been running like an undercurrent through the course of the last weekend (which completely passed me by at the time) must surely have been its defining focus.

Therefore it is only right that the next weekend should be set over Valentine's day. If the last one was sordid and confused... let's see what new heights we can achieve with this one. Forget Jennifer Steele - I'm going to book a priest for the duration, and see what happens...

For those of you who didn't make the last weekend, but have maybe seen the jelly wrestling video... I'm not being entirely serious. Though we may never know quite how many clandestine pairings took place during those brief hours of darkness... we did also do quite a lot of spinning. Essentially, the format for the weekend is this - loads of spinners turn up during the course of the week, with the majority arriving on Friday (that'll be Friday the 13th - oh dear!), and then stay for the weekend. We go and spin in the park nearby, or head up to the sports hall to spin indoors to music (with loads of toys - balance bars, crash mats and trampolines!). Apart from that, there are missions, baked goods, laptops, videos, vegetarian food and the opportunity to get to know a whole load of the other HOPers. And 'get to know' can be as euphamistic as you like...

As per usual, I'll post more details nearer the time... blah di blah, see the other threads for info if you want it now. The major change this time is that I will be asking everyone for a fiver - this will go to buying all the paraffin and renting the sports hall and swimming pool, and if there's any spare it's earmarked for the Get Pounce To Kent Fund, on which we're still about £120 short.

Quite how we're going to beat the jelly wrestling is a bit of a mystery, however. We need some madcap scheme, preferably one both dangerous and illegal, so if you have any suggestions please post them below.

And come down for the weekend, all of you. It'll be a riot.

hug

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
1.45? lightweight! Its 5.33am and i'm only now going to bed, didn't get home till half an hour ago from a house party smile

swimming please wave

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
ima a photographer, what u gonna do?
hehehe
www.lomohomes.com/dravere
(shameless plug)

anyway, i wanna do a lot of cooking while im down there, and i wanna know how many of you are vege or vegan? (im not u see, so i have to brush up on vege recepies...)
just a quick survey

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
last time i'd say almost half were vegetarian, including our lovely host Joe, so all the communal food was. I was the only vegan, but i'm hoping to up the count this time smile

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Im soooooo there. biggrin

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i would like to announce that i havent had even the smallest sip of coke since that lovely time we decided that i shouldnt...

nor have i eatten Mcdonalds or anything similar (fast food) - counting slow burgers at kebab restraunts - have had three, but still think this is very good for a fat old hobbit!!

frodo out!

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
errrrrmm i knwo its a lil late to ask, but can i come to the 13th-14th? pls joe?

i promise ill be good and nice, and happy, and not silly or nakid in teh lilest ways?

please joe

and yes im happy to chip in money to teh week end!

Step (el-nombrie)

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Finished your flags yet Mech? ubbrollsmile
They must be done by Kent so we can see who is the bestest flag maker! biggrin

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
yea, there's pictures too. It's good, but not as good as cowstick.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ubbtickledThose are fantastic!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sure sweetie, i finished it last night!

Flag staff pics

please feel free to stare!

its so sexy, and yes if joe will let me come down again, ill gladdly bring it with me! biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i would like to announce that i havent had even the smallest sip of coke since that lovely time we decided that i shouldnt...

nor have i eatten Mcdonalds or anything similar (fast food) - counting slow burgers at kebab restraunts - have had three, but still think this is very good for a fat old hobbit!!

hug hug hug hug hug
Well done my lovely.
kiss hug kiss

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ubblol The pics seem to be more of you than the flag! rolleyes

Nice job though, I like the fabric very much ( bright and shimmery but still sheer enough to see through... smile). I did think you were making more like loose flags/ flag poi than a flag-staff-type toy, but like what you came up with, could I try it out in Kent please?

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
yes joe all the extra bits kept in that cupboard like big lumps of soft cheese yes we must play.
ive started caporia as well so get some practice in or ill marenga your arse off!
got any plans for more potentially fatal poi/staff things and give me a wide berth

im bringing my rope dart

and some freinds and huge piles of green stuff (you know what i mean)

see you all there.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

310 posts

Posted:
Wah. Another long, wine-soaked weekend, the majority of which I seem to have spent hunched over bar stools clutching translucent green bottles and weaving gently from side to side.... is there such a thing as "Lush's Cramp" - kind of like Tennis Elbow or Housemaid's Knee, caused by too much time spent drunk on bar stools? You end up with this infernal cramp in the small of your back, and a kind of Quasimodo posture...

But you don't want to listen to a litany of my complaints, do you? I would try and reply to all your diverse lunacies one by one (big lumps of soft cheese... cowsticks... I swear you're all mad) but my Lush's Cramp is giving me gyp and I want to go and lie down. So, let me remind you that it is less than three weeks to go. We have sports halls planned, toys to play with, swimming to indulge in... but still no mad plans.

As the Big Poi V2.0 burn seventy foot of wick with every lighting, and take about eight hours to build, I don't think I shall be repeating them for the next weekend, in that format at any rate. And we did the jelly wrestling last time... we need a mission, some strange and midnight task to galvanise the group into activity....

Suggestions, please...

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i think you should make another sign, this time saying "WELCOME HOME JOHNNY" and go to the airport, wave it around, until some strange man comes up to you wondering who the hell you are and why the hell you are welcoming him home.

it'll make for a rather funny story me thinks.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

310 posts

Posted:
Mate, we got exhausted waiting for you last time... how long would we have to wait before a homecoming Johnny mistook us for his welcoming party?

redface

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
true. but johnny is such a common name. or just john. perhaps bill? jennifer? sue?

it would really be funny!!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
maybe a rousing game of kerplunk?

Step (el-nombrie)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
how about giant glow kerplunk? All we need are about thirty globalls and about twenty five foot aerotech staffs.

has anyone got any spare change? ubbangel

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hmmm what a thought, im sure we could do it, if we got about 30 broom ahdles from B&Q, and then painted them all fluerence colours that glowed in et hdark, and then painted lots of poloysterine gow in tehdark to!

i rekon we could do it easly!

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
what about glow pool?

aerotech balls and staff and a few holes in the ground both, near (to be used as pockets) and a few FAR away (to occupy mech with wink)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah man holes in teh ground are god for me, just make sure they are the right size!
wink

Step (el-nombrie)

3,149 posts

Posted:
What? For you, holes in the ground are god? umm

ah well, makes as much sense as most beliefs, i suppose.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
whats wrong with holes in eth ground?

come on man, dont you remeber when you were a small monkey, and you used to be talken to teh beach, and you would big as bigger hole as you could, and let the tide fill it?

sim have you seen teh cool pic i have of you from the nipp?

Step (el-nombrie)

3,149 posts

Posted:
nipp? nope. is it on the inferweb supra hiway somewhere?

(holes in the ground are nice but i couldn't eat a whole one)

310 posts

Posted:
I've had a few ideas for mad missions.

1. Get a load of hellium balloons, paint them with Photoluminescent paint, then let them go in Knole Park at night... I know, I know, letting balloons go is bad for the environment, but these ones won't get far before we SHOOT THEM DOWN WITH FLAMING ARROWS.

2. Or we could just paint someone with glo paint, and then SHOOT THEM DOWN WITH FLAMING ARROWS.

3. Or we could go and have a spin out in the street, and then when the neighbours come round in the morning to complain about the paraffin everywhere we could SHOOT THEM DOWN WITH FLAMING ARROWS.

4. Sorry, try and get out of what is turning into a bit of a rut. There's an outdoor swimming pool in the secret garden at Knole Park, hidden behind a high fence amidst strange and archaic hedges... it would be cold, but if we had a video of ourselves painted glo, swimming in it at night... we would be heroes...

5. Or we could put something in the pool. Like a crocodile. Where would we get a crocodile? Maybe we could steal the penguins from London Zoo... no, that would be cruel. What really strange thing could we put in their pool?

6. There's a lake near the house - we could have a Viking Burial. Oh, er, no, I see the problem with this one. No dead Vikings to bury... does anyone know any Vikings?

7. I've had too much caffeine.

8. I must go now.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
LMAO

we never did finish ANY of our missions from last time. perhaps starting there is a good place.

i personally want to see Frodo in lycra ubblol

but the new list is quite amusing. i really wish i could be there!!!

**giggles**

1,079 posts

Posted:
erm, how about we go on distress missions?
waddyoo say UCOF?

TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

1,079 posts

Posted:
I SEY ONL' TWOOOOO ER YEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i personally want to see Frodo in lycra ubblol

OMG, I'd forgotton about all that! ubblol ubblol ubblol

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Page: ...