LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
now i could be wrong but i dont think i am.... i was in oddballs in brighton (uk) a while ago and asked about LED poi. the guy showed me these amazing (but expensive) set. To the best of my recolection they where a kind of hard rubber that had LED's inside and they glowed through the rubber. They also flashed different colours and you could get them to flash at different speeds.

They were expensive but with christmas coming up the words 'treat-yourself' have been flashing in my head.

Ive been looking for them all over the net, oddball's web site doesnt have them on it and i cant find them anywhere esle. the clostest ive found is on juggling sites although im fairly sure that they where actual poi he showed me not juggling balls.

If anyone has a clue about what im talking about please help!

Weaselthe one and only, just like chesney
295 posts

Posted:
that would be aerotechs there from www.globall.com
ubbrollsmile
expensive yes but also pretty

birds might be able to fly,
but weasels dont get caught in jet engine's

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
and to tell the truth most peeps get the balls and put them in bags cause the poi are well'ard and not as much fun(in my experience). plus if you get another one you can juggle with them wink

R smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your replys, ive been to the site but it doesnt seem to be selling them as yet.... frown

I think that must be what i saw. the poi felt nice though, a good weight and the rubber (?) was a great texture. You say they are harder than the jugglingballs? And not as fun.... i take that to mean they dont do as much. I suppose theres no point having them changing on contact as if all goes well they wont be coming into contact with anything wink

i think im going to look into them tho. Anybody here who has these i'd appricate any comments on them.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Yo Lux, I had a look round that site cuz I saw some of these balls in Bristol at a meet a few weeks ago. check this pic... [image]https://www.globall.com/showImage.aspx?imgID=1887&type=normal&table=tblWebImage[/image]

I found some info that says they're still in development as they've had problems with cracking etc, all well and good but they say they'll be available mid 2003!! hmmmm.....I've emailed them cuz I really want some too cuz they're way better looking and glow much nicer than the ones available here (Sorry Malc!) I'll let you know what they say in their reply

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
erm...ok the pic doesn't seem to be working...copy and paste it in your bar and see the treat...

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... that looks more like a staff to me?

Cake or Death?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Hmmm... that looks more like a staff to me?

Yeah you could be right, I was thinkin of a couple poi in row...still, they look freakin ace!!

I've just had an email back saying that the design problems are now pushing it to mid 2004 so don't hold your breath. They've added me to the mailing list for when they're released so HOP will be first to know!!

weavesmiley