Page:
FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
If you live near bournemouth and wanna spin then me and adverse camber can generally be found on the beach to the left of the pier every tuesday night from 7 - 8 ish... so if u fancy comming down and joining us then do!!

will be there tomorow night!!

Ciao, Just bring parrafin and toys!!

Frodo! ubbrollsmile

passing through, this world still lives.

^^francesca^^me!
121 posts

Posted:
lalala

was hibernating through winter.....oh and summer i spose...ok im just lazy

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
shameless bump indeed wink

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Over the weekend I was contacted by the council with regard to the "Bournemouth Spins", I was told that I needed to meet with them as soon as possible to discuss the future of the event.

Now, a lot of you may think that this "event" was just a turn up and play randomly event, but I have spent a lot of time over the past two years speaking to the council to ensure that they continue. I have got a meeting On Tuesday the 11th with members of the council to discuss the problems and issues that we face.

I was told that we should not continue to “play with fire” until the problems have been ironed out. So I am asking all of you, for the foreseeable, please don’t light up your toys, not even on the concrete area above the gardens. Having a burn will seriously jeopardize the hope of ever having a spin in Bournemouth again. This is not a police matter, they are only the messengers, so if you burn and think you have got away with it, you haven’t. just because the police don’t turn up, doesn’t mean I don’t get a phone call telling me that we have broken the rules!

I for one am very proud of what the Bournemouth spin has become, and I am sure Ben is, its amazing what everyone together can achieve! I will be down on Tuesday to enforce this rule. Please make it easy for me. I don’t want the spin to die! Please all come down and play as usual, but don’t risk the future of our community!

See you all on Tuesday!
Thanks in advance

Tom – (Frodo)

princess~teijaBRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
Im from Australia, but will be in Bournemouth for December and January - love to join ya'll - freakin cold tho

~ We are nice to skiers - we have to be, they're the only ones with cars!

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to be about for some spinny hoopy juggling tommorow evening? smile

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Sorry I didn't make it tonight as I have silly stuff to do still

spanner: yey I'll do my best to get down there next week especially if its not raining rolleyes

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'll be down bournemouth tuesday of the 23rd.

so should simon and LMSP

biggrin

see you all there. rez will probably be there and I spoke to mattbassman and he hope to come that day too

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Adam_GOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
*Ping*

Just wondering if there're any spinners still around these days? I've just moved to Poole.

Bamsiclenewbie
38 posts

Posted:
Try Bournemouth University.... there's a group there that gets together every Monday I think. Really friendly group, and they meet indoors in the warm!

I don't try to be strange, stuff like that happens naturally...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Yup Monday at the uni next to the arts institute, loads of good jugglers, the tuesday evenings died a little over the summer coz we were too busy puting on southern lights which is a juggly festive in Dorset in June ;o)

It's not very spinny at the Uni but if you let me know when your goiing I'll come down and meet ya and introduce you to a few hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

ghoststranger
7 posts
Location: Cardiff during term time, Dorset (England) during ...

Posted:
Hey smile I've been a member of this site on and off for years, and I was just wondering what happened to the group that used to meet in Bournemouth gardens on Tuesdays for fire spinning - is that not running anymore? I've finally got my own transport and I was hoping to be able to come again.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I think it died because most people went off to uni only leaving the FLAME guys and we can only make it sporadically due to gigs and work. Also the uni juggling club on Mondays (very nice people I highly recommend) is still going so worth going there.

If you're about we are doing workshops and a show (weather permitting) down in the gardens tomorrow night (Friday 24/07) between 7-10pm for the family fun fiesta to kick off bournemouths friday nights and fireworks for the summer. come and say hi ;o)

Page: