Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As Valentine’s Day approaches I thought I’d regale my friends and fellow posters with an amazing but true tale of romance and love. I know that some of you know the story already but it’s a good one and I’m sure you won’t mind sitting though it again... “Once upon a time…” …through the magic of “Home of Poi” and the generosity of our host Malcolm, I met many wonderful friends. Directly and indirectly HoP has changed my life. It introduced me to fire. It exposed me to a world that I would have never seen before. HoP led me to Pele whose friendship started it all for me, and Nomad who I still owe a favor to for lending me his poi for my first burn. HoP allowed me to meet my close and wonderful fire friends in New York City whom have now formed a mellow fire troupe and spend most of my weekends. If this had been all, I’d still be indebted to this silly little website for all the joy it has brought me.But there’s just a bit more. As some of you may have guessed, I’ve fallen passionately, tenderly, and deeply in love with the most wonderful woman I have ever met. You all know her as Cassandra, and yes, we met on HoP. As fate would have it we’re thousands of miles away from each other but love conquers all. A few months ago, posts led to emails, emails to phone calls, and phone calls led to a wonderful Christmas together in Paris. Sure enough, my sweet little fire twirler will be blessing me with a visit this Valentine’s Day for a full week of fire twirling and romance. What about the future? We’ve already got plans for vacations and summers and soon enough my little raspberry will be joining me in the Big Apple. After that it’s up to us… Who knows what the future holds, but I’m sure it’s beautiful.Don’t worry kids, we won’t clog up the boards with too much PDA. That’s what emails, phone calls and cross Atlantic visits are for. wink Occasionally we have an “I can’t believe we met on HoP!” moment and giggle. I guess you never really know when you’ll meet your princess, for me it was this little gray and black website buried deep within the matrix.On behalf of my sweet Cassandra and I, a big public THANK YOU to all of those who contribute the warmth, friendship and love which drew us both to this board. Both our friends on here, and those who just add to the positive environment, have allowed HoP to become a valuable resource, outlet, escape, and community.Love to all those who’ve given us love and friendship, a Happy Valentine’s day to friends, families and lovers across the globe, and a big smooch to my sweetie.Oh yeah…“…And they lived happily ever after.”

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Code128member
69 posts

Posted:
And dont forget to see more of NYC than just the inside of NYC's Apartment smile

------------------
A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.N

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I hate making "me too" posts, but I'll make an exception this time. I'm really happy for the two of you.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
WOW...thats such a great story...im pretty new to HoP so i dont really kno either of you, but i do want to take the time and wish you two a very, very happy future and would love to meet one of your beautifull french girl friends. wink well thats just a thought...much love to allhappy valentines day!!!!xtremravrif you dont do something to the xtrem you didnt do your best!!!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Code 128, thanks a lot smile I don't think we'll make it to Boston this time, but definitely next time smilepity you don't come over to NYC this week end. frownAdam and Xtremeraver, thank you smile::still posting cause her boyfriend is at work today , but off to prepare some yummy crepes for tonight's party::Nomad, nomad's princess and Pere, if you're reading this, see you tonight guys smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
oh carp i forgot to make up the henna for today/tomorrow/this weekend.(now have to go home and do it....)Peremwahahaha

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Carp? You devinate fish?

Meh

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
sometimes, if you ask nicely smilep

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Yo yo Cass,Reading this and can't wait for tonight's fire madness (and meeting you, as a side benefit)(...oh, and seeing that NYC dude i haven't seen since Thanskgiving, but that's really a minor benefit smile)Nomad------------------A.N.T.H.E.L.I.O.Nwww.anthelion.org

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Ok, now I am envious - all you NY types get to spin with Cassandra! Dude, not fair!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MYMAmember
23 posts

Posted:
awwwwi hopw one day i can be as lucky as you two& thanks for sharing the love!

*Live as if you were to die tomarrow, learn as if you were to live forever* ~Mahatma Ghandi*Imagination is more important than knowledge*~Albert Einstein*dream*

Page: