PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It's a product that you put in your hair that gives it this grainy texture and it holds shapes really well. Similar to what Angelina Jolie had in her hair in "Gone in 60 Seconds". Anyone know if it is flamable or tried it out while spinning?I thought it would be fun.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
When in doubt, omit the hair products!As our troupe director says:"HAIR: a wick to your head"So we err on the side of caution and frequently cover our hair with less-flammable headdresses, turbans, etc.I dunno what Molding Mud is made out of, but I'd guess it's got flammable components. Doesn't Sebastian make that stuff?My other question Pele, is: why are your topics numbered #1-4? I'm perplexed...~*Charly*~www.cabiri.org

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Charly, My understanding is that it is actually a clay compound, so I wouldn't think flamamble.I actually usually don't wear anything on my hair at all and I have a squirt bottle I keep filled with water for dampness. I just thought this mud sounded extremely intriguing and if it is a clay compound, that it wouldn't burn.I have no idea who makes it though. Sebastian? I wouldn't know but I will look into it.As for the numbered thing, I had a few minutes and I had five questions/statements I had been wanting to post for about a week. By numbering them, as I put them up one after the other, I knew I wouldn't forget them. I ran out before I could post #five, which will be coming up shortly! winkThanks Charly, it's always a pleasure talking with you! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
its not actually flammable ive tried *lol*i got myself waist lenths extentions which are fire retardant...

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Pele,I've only heard vauge acounts of this hair clay stuff. Is Hair Mud the brand name? It sounds promising. I'd very much like to try it.You can get the same effect that Miss Jolie had in gone in 60 seconds with pomade as well. Every one I've known with extensions tells me that pomade is neccesary for that process as well. I use it in my short hair to keep it looking a carefully careless mess and for the rare occasions when sporting a pompador sounds like a good idea. It holds shape pretty well and I'm fairly shure that it's non flammable, or at least really really hard to light. In fact I've never singed my hair with pomade in, as opposed to the gel I use frequently which protects my hair not at all. It's good stuff as long as you don't mind having it in for a few days. It doesn't exactly just wash out like hair spray.If you find out more about this hair mud stuff please put up a post or shoot me an email. It sounds like you can come up with some brilliant creations with this stuff.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
but more importantly - does it actually make you look like Angelina Jolie? I could get my girlfriend some for her birthday.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Pomade is equivalent to egg whites really, which will hold your hair through a hurricane. I have to admit, I am really surprised that it doesn't burn. I always thought the hair looked dryer with that stuff in it. Problem is, in my little burg you ask for pomade and people look at you cross eyed. It's easier to beat a couple of eggs, but I don't want to smell like fried eggs when doing fire!Sorry Durbs, if it made me look like Ang Jolie I would run the other direction. I find no attraction with her...Catherine Zeta-Jones, Gwyn Stefani, lalalalala..I'd maybe try it, but I think Whipping Boy'd be mad! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
I'm a Dapper Dan man!

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
:eyes blackbird supsiciously as if he watches weird movies too:Pele, the stuff you are talking about sounds suspiciously like Fudge, which is hopefully freely available in the States. If not, it might be easier to get some, and test it for flamability, than trying to track down this mud stuff.------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Pele, Pomade is nothing like egg whites. Pomade is (and I'm holding the can of Murray's Superior pomade in front of me) Patrolium jelly, mineral oil, fregrance. Of course there are other kinds of pamade as well, I have some water based stuff some where, but it doesn't work nearly as well. You can also try Royal crown, wich makes your hair really shiney, but is basicly vaseline with with fragerence and olive oil. I have used egg whites, back when I had a mohawk. In fact I've used just about every thing including superglue and jello to put the freaking thing up. And I don't think pomade even compares.Pomade is great for short messy hair styles, temperary dreads, keeping braids from looking frizzy, pompadors and all sorts of crazy things. You can pick the stuff up in the haircare isle of any Walgreens or Rite Aid, or Kmart, or Target, or Walmart. I'm shure you have one of those things in Batavia.

Jesus helps me trick people.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
SP- I didn't mean Pomade is made of egg whites, I meant they get a similar effect.As for gelatin, it only really holds in the cold. I'll have to look for Pomade. However, SP, Petroleum jelly is flamable. I'd test it out on string or something if I were you!Charles- Fudge? We eat that for a decadent desert here with ice cream. I am thinking I don't want to put that in my hair! I know where to get it but I don't want to spend the money (it can be pricey) without knowing if it goes up first.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
There's a lot of Hairdresser's here who are sponsored by Fudge, and have a pot on their counter al the time.I have, on several occasions, gone in and asked nicely to use a little bit for free and never been turned down yet...But that depends on how cheap you are I guess, me I'm pretty damn cheap grin ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Fudge is a brand name for hair wax. I think this can range from being totally organic and natural through to totally synthetic. It works like a mild form of gel/hairspray. Essentially it gives you a little more control and stops hair from going frizzy, without making your hair go hard and pointy. grinEgg whites can't be good! I think egg proteins crosslink at around the mid-60C temperatures. Irreversibly. Which means that if they get cooked onto your hair, you ain't ever washing them out.How about the mud that people use for face packs. Would that work? Or why not just get all muddied up for real! That would solve the flame retardant question too!------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut