Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

I think it helps seeing it from this point of view:

Everyone has lots and lots of people they potentially fancy, and even more that they like or even love (platonically) but wouldn't want to get involved with. So rejection is absolutely normal between friends, and there's simply just no reason to feel awkward for it.

If she's got any sense she'll feel honoured that you tried (she still invited you, so that must mean she's not annoyed or freaked out or whatever), so, I know it feels weird, but she's probably been rejected by at least one person, too, and knows how it feels smile

One of my best friends in school had a serious crush on me and I didn't know how to handle it, but I'm really happy that he just didn't mention it again, but continued being my best friend! It's 8 years since I've left school now and we're still in touch, so rejection's really no reason to not be friends hug

Wow.. that was actually a really cool thing to have said.. thanks hug

secondly.. SLASH IS DOING CAR COMMERCIALS!!! what is wrong with the world???

I study music.. so the way I see it, I can have whatever taste I like and it's good cause I'm supposed to be an authority on the matter :P That said, I don't really listen to much Glam metal anymore. But Gun's an Roses still rock for nastaligic purposes. biggrin

All matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Oooooh, I said something sensible?!? YAY! bounce

round of hugs

Anyone over 18 who doesn't care much about pc-ness pm me to be a beta-tester of me and my friend's fake love advice column smile (goes by the title of Dame Depravity [me] and the Lascivious Leprechaun [him]. Don't apply to beta-test if you're easily offended)

The next project will be a report about a date, both from the boy's and the girl's view, which hopefully will be slightly different and educating for the other sex, probably on what not to do during dates. If anyone's had a really bad date and wants it included in the article tell me biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
ooooh! that sounds like fun, birgit... biggrin

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
It is.... email on its way biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
*sings* oh baby let me be your guinea pig, put a chain around my neck and lead me anywhere, oh let me be your guinea pig *starts to dance in an Elvis-like way*

so: yeah, sure Birgit, you can do all kinds of weird beta-tests with me. I'll go out and create some problems tonight and send you an e-mail on Monday.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
oh, I was just gonna send you the ones we'd made up so far! But if the editors like it and we get to do some more you can join us biggrin

I'll send you the ones we have to avoid repetition and show how far below the beltline it really is biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
just read it, guess I could come up with some problems like that, too. More on Monday (gotta go and check out some rooms now, gotta move again frown)

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmm. I'm having a weird semi-depressive day. Boo. And my flat is too cold.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
hug devil devil

...the devils are cause they are warm...er hot! wink

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Birgit--oh and send it on... I should send you the stuff for my erotic crossword puzzle book " Hot and Bothered" -- bet you have lots of good material to contribute!

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
Last night I was at my friends’ birthday party at the night train. (Adelaide themed restaurant) I had to leave as I have tones of study (which I'm currently avoiding.) I was given a chocolate cupcake to take home as part of the party, so I'm carrying that in my hand as I'm walking along in the middle of town. Also me being me, I'm not dressed up at all. I have my "Tool" shirt on and my jeans with a big rip in the knee. Not looking dressed to kill by any means.

So I'm walking along back to my car, past that movie place that’s just down from the night train. A group of girls walk past, then there’s a girl a little bit behind that I assume is just lagging from the group. She is listening to some music on her ipod having a great time. Beautiful girl all dressed up to go out.

She skips over in front of me without saying a word puts one of the headphones to my ear, Its "Sweet Child O Mine" by Guns and Roses. I'm like... "Yeah I was just talking about guns and roses today," just being friendly and polite to this complete stranger.

She takes the ear piece away... For lack of anything better to say I go "want a cupcake" and offer the cupcake from the party.

She then bends forward takes a bite... then moves foward... (I though she was going to give me a hug) gives me a peck on the lips and skips away. It was a nice peck too. Just short of turning into French. And then she skipped away. I was stunned. I just called out "have a nice night" and didn't even look back after her. I continued walking and that was it.

It was the most random thing. I feel rather special and flattered now. Just thought I'd share my story with everyone.

All matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
biggrin

I had a really cute guy walking behind me last night who suddenly said that judging by my walk I knew a lot of the world. He had 2 bottles of wine, too. If I hadn't been just around the corner from my friend's and already late I would've walked with him for a while, he was great to chat to.

Had a friend asking me which ladder he was on today (you do know the ladder theory, yes?) which was nice even though from his point of view he's on the wrong one. But I'm glad we're all open about it smile

Thanks for the warmth, Andrea, I can do with it... and do send me your email address so I can forward the stuff smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Hugging Lion, thats an omen of good things to come! You must have had some nice energy about you! yay!

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
hug hug2 grouphug HUGS FOR EVERYONE smile

And sorry to be ignorant, but ..what is the ladder theory?

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
hee hee, must say hugging lion always has great energy around him
hmm, yes i dont believe i know the ladder theory either

Adya: wow.. i think hena can go moldy!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

biggrin

I had a really cute guy walking behind me last night who suddenly said that judging by my walk I knew a lot of the world. He had 2 bottles of wine, too. If I hadn't been just around the corner from my friend's and already late I would've walked with him for a while, he was great to chat to.

Had a friend asking me which ladder he was on today (you do know the ladder theory, yes?) which was nice even though from his point of view he's on the wrong one. But I'm glad we're all open about it smile

Thanks for the warmth, Andrea, I can do with it... and do send me your email address so I can forward the stuff smile

yes, do tell us of this magical ladder theory! biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
*tackle hug's Russle.

I wouldn't say always. I think maybe you guys bring out the best in me and so thats what you see smile

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
The ladder theory was so hard to find, but it's brilliant!

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Now i'm not laughing frown

*sigh*

I need a hug.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
*hug*

Aww I don't wanna be on the "just friends" ladder... According to that theory should I stop trying to be friends with this girl? Is it really impossible to be friends with someone you're attracted to?

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
hug

I don't know if it's impossible... it's certainly difficult. But don't believe everything the ladder theory tells you, I just think it's quite nice for explaining SOME things, in a very direct and probably slightly mean way.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
Makes sense to me. Maybe the author places a bit too much emphasis on sex though... As silly as that sounds.

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
*hugs for Bren -I miss your Yoga classes frown
That ladder theory is rather depressing.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
...i think my plan to covertly tiptoe towards the door and slip away without anyone noticing, has worked...excellent!...

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

...i think my plan to covertly tiptoe towards the door and slip away without anyone noticing, has worked...excellent!...

You don't belong in this thread anymore, you traitor! ubbloco bounce bounce2

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
but dad gets away with it! ubbrollsmile

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Dads get away with a lot of things. Respect starts with being a dad, and you aren't one, so shoo! ubblol

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Oh not another bloody parent/child double standard! fiddlesticks!!!!!

*tantrum*

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
ye... beat it, kid... goo on, git...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
*sigh* I need a hug frown

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Page: ......