Forums > Social Chat > After all the hounding......

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So... picture this...A proposal is made to have a contest. Then we get begged to extend the deadline of the contest, we did. When the reults came in I began to get inundated with emails asking for a date, a time if possible down to the second of when the t-shirts will be ready for sale, as well as demands for them to be released before the holidays. Malcolm and I bust our butts checking around to find printers and distributors. Whipping Boy and I worked dillegently to get the designs on the shirts and stuff ready for ordering, setting aside other things we really needed to do, so as to have them ready before the holidays, even if marginally. And after a few threads, many emails and alot of nagging we get these things up for sale, finally. BUT, and here is the clincher, when we checked the sales reports today, not one...let me rephrase that, NOT ONE has been sold.Why, when so many of you hounded us for so long about all of this? Is there any particular reason for not purchasing them or are you all waiting to use your holiday money from granny on them? Are they not appealing enough (hey, it is the best we can do)? I admit I am a bit irritated right now. It reminds me of the kid who pesters his parents for a toy and then never plays with it.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
???You guys hide the button for buying T-shirts really well. After reading this post I thought "T-shirts, what T-shirts?!" It took me a good few minutes of browsing through the "store" and found nothing... I scrolled through the past few weeks of posts for a "Now Available: T-shirts!" and found nothing.. then I did a search on "t-shirts" and found nothing... I scoured the homepage for the little "Now On Sale!" sign and found nothing until I scrolled down on the left side finding a small "button" called "purchase T-Shirts"...You guys generally publicize very well (that new electric glowing staff thingie was all over the place) but this time I think you may have been less effective.Rather than an "I'm irritated" email you could have posted a more positive "Just wanted to bring to your attention the T-shirts are on sale" post. I don't think that a frustrated post is the most effective way to sell T-shirts either. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I kept hearing about these, but never thought to even look at buying them - no reason, just hadn't.But today I had a look and now I'm thinking "hmmm, Wouldn't mind a hat, bag or something else"! So now we'll see.For those who can't find the link here try this:T-SHIRTS!!(I also like the fact that there is a secret hidden link between the "Your favourite tshirt design" and the 4 chosen designs - see if you can find it smile)------------------Courage is the man who can stop after just one peanut[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 16 December 2001).]

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
NYC...in the recent thread titled Tshirts (sad face) by Auger it was brought up with a link that they were up for sale. I didn't want to start another duplicate thread (being the dutiful mod). I am sorry you missed it.Now, why is it everyone else can put up grumble threads and when I do, I get told I am wrong in doing so? *sigh* I can't win. frownAnyway, tshirts and other merchandise with the winning logo's on them are currently available at the link so sweetly posted by Bendy (thank you wink). I hope you enjoy them.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I nev3er realized they were up for sale.I'm def buying some.

We are defined by the choices we make

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
WHOOOAAA THATS INSANE WE CAN GET HOODIES WITH THE DESIGNS ON EM!??!?!

We are defined by the choices we make

blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
SWEET! I had no idea that the t shirts were on sale...but after reading this thread I have become overjoyed...I think you should put a link on the front page in big bold letters to the t shirts...that will bump the sales up right away!Thanks for the hard work you put into this Pele, Whipping Boy, Malcom, the designers, and everyone else who has made it possible to get these great shirts! grinChris

Defy Gravity!

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Pele, I think you'll find when others grumble they also get hassled about it.NYC was hinting at the way that peer pressure affects purchases. If no-one else has bought something, it makes people think twice about buying it themselves...But I think we are all coming from different perspectives, as Pele is venting, NYC is seeing it as a sales tool, bendy and others have only just discovered how to buy them etc...By the way, in general marketing, if 1000 people say they would buy item X if it was available, only 50 usually end up buying it...But, anyway, go buy 'em!------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
ok, i went to the cafepress page and it's just a little bit weird seeing my design on actual merchandise. the idea that someone could be wearing a hoodie sporting a picture i conjured up is surreal! it's such a shame they can't do it on black frown

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
robert, if you can get a version of your design on white to me I will add it to the shop. It may still look good on grey. The white will show up as clear in the production process.------------------"There no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothes."Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Pele, I love Robert's design and would have liked to check the price for a white simple small T shirt ... but on cafepress I only saw the big sweat shirt and mugs and otehr stuff... I probably missde the part where it says "order a simple Tshirt" OR I don't know what a T shirt is winkseriously though, can you please tell me what to do to get a simple Tshirt ?thanks in advance smilecassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Cass, Robert's does not come on a simple shirt yet. Since they (cafepress) do not offer black shirts with full color images it doesn't look as good.We will either offer up a shirt with the black rectangle, or I'm hoping to have Robert redesign it without the black background.Either way they will be up soon.------------------"There no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothes."Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
i dont know if this is available from the company you are ordering from but i have in the past got an iron on logo thing like a tranfer which you iron on to a tshirt it is totaly permanent. and looks just as good as a printed tshirt. the major advantage of this being that if you sold it with roberts design people could then iron it own to black tshirts because this would look alot better than a black rectangle or a white backgroundandalso they could be put on other clothing such as hoddies etc.the one i brought was about 15 x 20cm and cost me £5 but i dont really know how much they cost to produce and how much of that was mark up.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
the design-t-shirt/mug/misc. combos look good.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I went looking through the Cafepress website and found something that'll help our little shirt store.This link I'm supplying has all of the shirts on one page for your page viewing pleasure.International Fire and Twirling Arts Convention------------------"Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you[This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 08 January 2002).]

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
Won't buy until they come in black...Love the designs hate white.....Doniawww.ignisdevoco.com"Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame."Rumi

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
are they... fire proof? :P

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Must agree that white doesn't tickle my fancy either.. although I spend about $5 on personal clothing each year so I doubt it would be my thing anyway. (Although the design looks pretty funkarama).Thing with my experience and my friends experience with iron-ons and even buying tshirts where they've been 'professionally' ironed on is - they aren't super super permanent. I mean sure they might last a year or two but after that they start to either (a) fade badly (b) get raggy around edges (c) come off completely (d) all of the above. That is .. if you wash/wear it frequently.On second thoughts - for those ppl that buy new clothes every week/month this may not be a problem at all. Hell, just buy another.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
Where is the HOP underwear?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
As I said before...in this thread....they will not be coming in black, so those of you who are waiting will be waiting a very long while. Cafe Press and other tshirt printers have expressed that the color gradients are too vast to accurately represent, and for those that can do do this, the cost effectiveness is non-exsistent. It would be about $30 per t-shirt. Yes, I could iron on decals but I won't. We are trying to provide quality and iron-on's do not have it. These are incredible designs which are very representative of some of the emotion we put into our arts, created by talented people who know these emotions. That for me is enough to want one of each. I am sorry that some of you do not agree, but that is the way it goes. These are quality shirts, not iron ons. We have some cafe press clothes and they have held up very well. Yes they are 100% cotton, therefore you can spin in them as you would any other cotton clothes. As for sending the design to individuals so they can make it into an iron on, we have permission to use the designs for t-shirts and merch from the artists as a fundraiser for the convention. This is what they were intended for, and everyone was told the availability of black would be no garuntee. We will not be sending out the pictures to anyone as it would defeat the purpose of the fundraiser.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
hmm, i sent malcolm an updated file with the design on a white background instead of black.... so that you wouldn't have to have the 'patch' effect..... any news on what's happening with that ??

Helmember
9 posts

Posted:
The designs really do look fantastic and I'd love to buy some stuff but with the Aust. dollar the way it is (and my bank balance the way it is!), I just can't justify it right now no matter how much I want to help out frownI *am* on holidays for a couple of weeks so my holiday pay will be paying for the COL videos etc that I've been hanging out for for ages so I'll see what I've got left after that. I *do* keep looking at the merchandise and window shopping so I'm sure I'll give in to an impulse purpose soon winkHel

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Anyone know what the effect of buying one of these white Ts and then dying it black will be? Does the print get affected as well I wonder?

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Dom, I would imagine the dye would get onto every part of the t-shirt.RM, I'll contact him and see. He's really busy lately from what I've heard. If possible could you send it to me? My email is pwb@pyromorph.com.How does it look on white? I was afraid that it may lose a little at the edges. Just so you know, white translates to transparent when putting it on a cafepress t-shirt. This way it'll work for the grey shirts as well.------------------"Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
any of you fine Poi women can purchase me a pair of boxers. In return, ill send you an autographed photo of me in them. Add 5 dollars for each aditional condiment..(ie. chocolate syrup, whip cream etc..) grin grin Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally by Supermanany of you fine Poi women can purchase me a pair of boxers. In return, ill send you an autographed photo of me in them.Add 5 dollars for each aditional condiment..(ie. chocolate syrup, whip cream etc..)
Only the women? I was going to splurge for Pele! [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image]Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
anything for Pele..."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
pwb - just sent you the file.good luck smile

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
RM, thanks. I'll work with Pele and see how it looks. I'll shoot for tonight to get the shirts modified. Otherwise I can get to it tomorrow for sure.No promises though. If they don't look good without the black we may not use it. (Little disclaimer just in case.)------------------"Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I was able to get the new shirts up with Robert Michael's design without the black border. His old design is still there with the black border for those that want it.Here is the link to view all the current merchendise:International Fire and Twirling Arts ConventionIf you're wondering about what's available I'll list it now:- White T-shirts- Grey T-shirts- Long sleeve T-shirts- Tank tops- Grey "hoodies"- Grey sweat-shirts- Large Mugs- Regular sized mugs- Caps- Bucket hats- Mouse pads- Tote bags- Boxer shorts. Currently only one design has boxers. If you want boxers with a different design let me know and I'll add it to the store.------------------"Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

preambledmember
53 posts

Posted:
do the designers of this stuff get any free items? grin grin grin ?

Page: