Forums > Social Discussion > Dangerboy has pneumonia from firebreathing

Login/Join to Participate

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Bad news... i just received a call from DB (he's living in sydney at the moment) and he's been admitted to hospital with pneumonia.A few weeks ago we were busking and he did some firebreathing, accidentally inhaling some of the fuel. we were using firewater - a highly processed odourless and smokeless fuel that we've been performing with for a while.At the time, he knew he had inhaled more than a teaspoon. he was okay, just coughed a bit. later that night he started feeling quite ill and has fluctuated in health since then. was coughing up grey bits and hasn't had a proper nights sleep since it happened from the constant hacking.https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001791.htmlpoor Dangerboy. The lower lobe of his left lung is filled with fluid and there are some respitory issues also.he's been putting off seeing a doctor cos he's in a foreign country, but with 3 weeks and no improvement in health he finally got smart and got checked out today. I'll keep you updated on his state.We've all heard of people who've suffered as a result of firebreathing accidents and use these as examples for caution. Now a prevalent member of our community is lying in hospital..an experienced firebreather and performer, well read and well versed in all that firebreathing is.Please don't take it lightly. firebreathing is not a party trick and should be treated with the risk factor it needs.Get well soon DB smile[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 28 November 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
send him our wishes for a speedy and full recovery...

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
you will keep us posted on his condition and his recovery as you hear of it yes?

anyone got a light?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
sure... will be seeing him tonight at the hospital so will let you know tomorrow

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wonderful, wish him well...

anyone got a light?

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
God Bless and may his health return so he can show us how to poi with style. smile

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ahh shit.bloody hell. How am I supposed to teach him how to twirl if he's in the hospital? winkTell him he'd better be fight'n fit by the time we get there, cuz we aint gonna take a bit of chemical pneumonia as any excuse not to twirl winkseriously now;I'm not ever going to firebreath. I was VERY VERY iffy about it before, but this incident has closed the case for me.Send him our best wishes.Josh

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
much love and good vibes(and a get well!) sent DB's waysad to hear that it happened to one of our own..I hope this does make other people who read this realize that this isnt anything to be 'toyed' with.------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
best wishes on a speedy recovery to DB ... Only been fire breathing for a little bit, but will definatly take this all to heart!!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
wow ! same thing happened to a very dear friend of mine (and with fire water too). frownwishing you well, DB !shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
My deepest concern and wishes for a speedy recovery DB...Josh, good decision IMHO, part of my engagement conditions was that I stop firebreathing, and now I'm doubly certain it was the right decision...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Damn! frownI am glad he finally got checked out. Hopefully he will be recovering fully soon.FF, maybe you can print this thread out for him and give him a bit of something to read?And Dangerboy, love, just because we were talking about chemical pnuemonia doesn't mean you had to make an example of it out of yourself!!!!! shockedMy thoughts/prayers, best wishes and my love to you (even though I am still a girl! wink).We will miss you!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Speedy recovery lad.Funny how often Josh and I are on the same page... I was on the fense with breathing too but this has put a damper on my plans. I'm gonna stick with the safe stuff like lighting my arms and stomach on fire with whitegas... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Best wishes... take it easy and you'll be back spinning in no time DB.M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
all my thoughts are with you too DB!take care and best wishes

stay smilin

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Went and saw him last night and he is in good spirits as always (eyeing off the nurses).He is getting physio as he has an absses in his lung and that needs to come out, hes also getting some funky stuff like a camera down his lung, which he is excited about and stuff!He has no access to net, which sucks, but if you want me to pass anything on, emails, whatever, i can print them out and take them to him, will probably go and see him tonight and over the weekend. My email is frenzie@hotmail.com.We had to take him some munchies as well cause the hospital feeds you at like 5pm!!!!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
hopefully DB will be out of hospital in a week or so....must remeber to take at least 2 packets of tim tams next time hehehe

....lurks

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Another bump for fire breathing issues!