Forums > Help! > Problems with Beamers

Login/Join to Participate

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I got a set of beaming poi a few months ago and have been having a problem with one of them from the start. The one flickers on, off, and dimmed. I havent taken it apart yet because Im afraid to break it even more but it doesnt seem to be a problem with the connections to the batteries. Only thing I can think of is a loose connection somewhere inside the ball. Has anyone else had a similar problem and can tell me how to fix it?

Ive read a lot about how good HoP products and services are and I believe them...But so far, my experiences havent been too great. Not only is this happening but when I first ordered them, they arrived without chains (I ordered the chained set). Malcolm did send me a set of chains after I contacted him but that was another week or two I had to wait for something that was supposed to be a birthday present.

I understand that these things happen but why must they all happen to me

[ 06. August 2003, 12:54: Message edited by: Royal ]

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thanks, Malcolm. That seems to have fixed the problem indeed. Reason I havent said anything earlier is because I figured it was something I could fix and its just been getting progressively worse over time. I also figured Id ask on the boards for a quick fix before taking it to email. Thanks again though.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had that problem too...one of the LEDS were cracked..so i sent them back....but they never arrived in NZ.

poo.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yes...i know..

dunno what my dad sent them by..

and i didnt get return to sender...this was last year...EASILY!

probably cos i wrote the funniest ever recipient you have ever seen.

i wont spoil the suprise IF they arrive soon tho..

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I have a problem with beamers too - they're a bit too light

Scarily, I'm only joking a little. I picked some up the other day after spinning my sock poi and was shocked at how much lighter they were than my socks
I think I'm going to have to start cutting back on how much weight I put in my poi.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
i have now found out that beamers are evil ! they make a nasty smacking noise when they hit eachother at speed ! and I make a nasty ooch noise when they hit my leg

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
It has come to my attention that im haven probs with the beamers as well. I once had the flickering but i fixed that cause i read the widdle book that come with the set. hehe

Oh one more thing. The wire hoops on the beamers. there are becoming very loose is this normal or.....

Mozy

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
The wires on mine have become loose enough to swivel as well. Doesnt seem to hinder anything and they still seem to be attached firmly so I dont think its a problem.

As for weight, when I first got them, I thought they were heavy as hell. They were my first poi and I was used to glow sticks at the time. After a bit, I made some tennis ball heads and put some change in them. Gradually I increased their weight and now they weigh a bit more than my beamers. Now it seems wierd that they are so light but IMO they are a good weight. If your normal practice poi are that much heavier than beamers, I would suggest lowering the weight a bit. Beamers are similar in weight to most fire heads so ya dont wanna go too heavy if ya plan on spinning fire.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
SCREW THE METALY BITS BACK DOWN!!

i cant stress how important this is...if that carries on....the beamer will eventually fly off mid spin and deny a man of having children.

or woman of...um...errr...dunno....but something very important though..

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I dont think you can screw them down. They dont seem to be threaded. You might have an older set as I know there was a change in how the beamers are made. They now have a loop of wire as a connection point.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
Question.... How you screw them back on...
I have sat there for ages turning the wire one then the other, but still nothing!!!!

So Malcolm if you could help me, i would love ya to the world

i would rather appreciate it

Mozy

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

MozyBRONZE Member
147 posts

Posted:
please, please, please Malcolm help me... what should i do