KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Wow. stupid ickle me forgot a direction again lol.

Ok, so i'm doing a 360 rotor in front, and i turn so the rotor is behind my back (mind the stfaff hasn't actually moved.) But I can only do it in one direction. The direction the staff is spinning in. One would presume you can turn the other way... but... how?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Kyrian...I usually just make the rotor go in the other direction, that's the simplest solution I know of.

Otherwise, (and I'm sure some others will have better solutions), you will need to change the whole pattern you are following to it in the other direction.

Grab the staff with the OTHER hand to what you would normally when you start the turn. Then do the first half of a DOUBLE FIGURE 8 with that arm, and by that time you should have turn your body 270 degrees and it's time to grab with the spare hand.

Sorry I don't have much time today to go into detail, perhaps someone else will bring up my instructions on the DOUBLE FIGURE 8 on another thread (looks emploringly at C@ntus or Bender)...

Goto go...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*tap... tap... bump*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey keyrianne,
i propose that ya teach someone the 360 btb rotor transfer (is that what it is?) in the direction that you learnt it and force them (i recommend threats of backstreet boys videos, madam!) to perform it in front of you while you exaclty mirror their move.
If all else fails, ask 'tank' from the matrix to load up a twirling program.
"No-one makes their first jump."
(btw i cannot perform a reverse rotor consistently at all! the horizontal plane is all messed up and ends up diagonal on the third revolution.. your btb rotor transfer is a very original move that i will love to try out tonight...fanks!)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
umm,

after a long time i did learn a reverse btb transfer going against the spin of stick (i find thease 'aianst the spin' tricks quite advanced manipulation) but it involves a backward extrahalf turn unto a forward extra half turn, a discussion on which is on the Nix?-- thread. its really quite fast and hard and I dont really bother doing it most of the time, but its there if you want it...

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i think i'll shelve this one for a bit.

thanks guys

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah