Forums > Help! > video tapeing glowsticks

Login/Join to Participate

freakshow glow boymember
9 posts

Posted:
what is the best way to video tape glowpoi?

hey guys guess wut! what justin? i can swing poi! whats poi?

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
turn all the lights off.. i heard it looks cool

ok, sorry. what specific types of things are you looking for?

freakshow glow boymember
9 posts

Posted:
i am useing my dads cam corder and it doesnt look cool unless i spinn like a crazy guy do u have any hints on how to make it better looking

hey guys guess wut! what justin? i can swing poi! whats poi?

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
well, it depends what type of camcorder youre using, some of them have adjustable setting in terms of how much lught they take in, like an exposure setting on a camera, and others have trace settings, which will make trails behind the glowsticks, so id look for either of those on your camcorder, if not then keep asking cause thats all i know off handedly...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Get a good camera. I have recorded on several types of cameras, and gotten different results each time. I don't know why (the cameras haven't been mine), but sometimes, the light shows up in little blocks instead of one big trail. Maybe it's not fast enough to catch it? Leads me to believe it was a cheaper camera, but it could also be the tape or the settings. Sorry, I don't think that helped at all.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Dj Tactmember
53 posts

Posted:
You need to have your camera on teh highest light capture setting and have at least some light in the foreground and background. not much but some, blacklight for example.

pitch black usaully sucks as your not getting enough motion for the default light capture setting of most digital and analog camcorders, if your doign a 1 meter stick with glwosticks on each end your fine (looks real cool btw) you dont need any light for that really.

Im flying away, running like the wind as i chase the sun up and spinning around, circles in my mind sailing over ground feeling the flow that Dj Tact brings down.My image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind. To over come want more to survive, my image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, and the enemy is reflect in the same time. I cant stop, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind, right here is where the angle start at, conflict contact, and combat, fighters say where there land is marked at, settle the dispute about whose the loudest, strongest, endless, only one of us will ride forever, so you and I cant ride togther, cant live... cant die together, all we can do is collide together, so i skillfully apply the pressure, wont stop till im forever. My doorstep where death never comes, walk tall why ever run?

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
HOLY CRACKED OUT "THE AFTERPARTY IS STILL GOING ON IN MY LITTLE WORLD" RAVE MONKEYS!!!

I cannot believe I just saw another breathing soul from a time-zone beside my own on this board at 4:30 on a Sunday morning! Stupid question for someone who says they are a DJ, but...

Up "The chemicals haven't run their full course yet" late...or up really un-necessarily early???

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Dj Tactmember
53 posts

Posted:
More like really un-necessarily late

Nah im not rolling, or on coc/speed (dont do coc/speed), im just a bit offtrack summer and all going out and all odd hour and all etc etc.

Check out my introduction in the uhh Introduction forum got some pics of mysetup and some of my ugly mug also.

Just remember.... dont video tape glowsticks in the dark! Unless your on speed or rolling and going hyperfast.

[ 24 June 2002, 21:48: Message edited by: Dj Tact ]

Im flying away, running like the wind as i chase the sun up and spinning around, circles in my mind sailing over ground feeling the flow that Dj Tact brings down.My image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind. To over come want more to survive, my image is reflecting in the enemys eyes, and the enemy is reflect in the same time. I cant stop, flesh of my flesh mind of my mind, right here is where the angle start at, conflict contact, and combat, fighters say where there land is marked at, settle the dispute about whose the loudest, strongest, endless, only one of us will ride forever, so you and I cant ride togther, cant live... cant die together, all we can do is collide together, so i skillfully apply the pressure, wont stop till im forever. My doorstep where death never comes, walk tall why ever run?

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I hear ya, Bro. I just happened to stumble across the salvation job of a party kid...2nd shift! Which means my schedule is so out of whack, I almost feel guilty! When you don't have to be at work until Monday night, you stay out until 2:30, and then loose another 2 hours on HoP before it catches up with you and you finally go to bed.