DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I just spent the last four hours making a techno trance song on my computer. Then the !@#$%^&* thing crashed , and the autosave didn't work correctly, and I lost it, right as I was finishing it. I was very pleased with it too, till it died It was a first attempt, but it was still cool.

sooo...I guess i'll be sending in some music for col4....if I can keep from throwing my computer out of the second story window.

I don't have time to try again tonight, maybe tommorrow, maybe. I'll post one soon as I get a song made again. I do love this program I'm using very flexible, I need a mic though to add voices and live instruments. So it will only get better, right?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Mysterio - Lord Of Confusionmember
65 posts

Posted:
If the Bene Gesserit had PCs, then they'd have a cryptic saying that'd basically mean 'Save often'

"Thats very confusing"

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:

I was so wraped up in making it that I forgot to save it as I went.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok, it might take me a while to get this thing all figured out and perfected. It is a steady learning curve, always going up baby. So, um, I don't know if I can get good enough in the next month befor COL4 ebtries have to be sent off. But I am going to try. I have an initial song made and I put it to a video (the infamouse "booty2") hopefully I will get it loaded onto the site tonight and hopefully my encoder isn't on the fritz again. So, if it all goes well, you all will get the "extream privalage" (sarcasm) of watching a video and listening to music that is all composed by _ME_ME_ME_.

I should warn you that this is basiacaly a trial run, and I fully expect to be making much better stuff. There are a few rough spots, I just threw this together in my spare time today. I didn't even get to use my (twenty year old) keyboard yet.

Hope you all enjoy it

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Is that DJ _ME_ME_ME_.? or just _ME_ME_ME_. .

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:

well, actually I am sort of stumped. I am not technicaly a DJ (disk jockey?) because I don't own turn tables (Jedi White does though) But I am making electronic music (of the type that dj's tend to make). I would like to be called santana, but apparently there is some other dude named santana (who I would love to hang out with some day ), who just so happens to be a famouse musician.

I don't know if I could get away with being called santana, and even DJ Santana would probably be pushing it (legaly speaking of course) And would tend to cause confusion outside of the HOP world. So....

I guess I could compromise.
How does "DJ Dantana" sound?

I am trying not to get a big head though, and calling myself a DJ might be pushing it. How about I put out some wicked tunes first, then I might call myself a DJ. Untill then, I'll just be Dantana.

_ME_ME_ME_ (I was just doing a vocal exercise, you know) doe rei me fa so la tee doe so, doe a deer a female deer, rei a drop of golden sun, me a name I call myself, fa a loong long way to run, so a a note to follow fa, tee a drink with jam and bread, and brings us back to doe. -The Sound of Music

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
When I saw that musical I got a migrane. Is that a sign?

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I like the spirit of it, but when you say it out loud it sounds to much like "A Gnat Ass"

(the posterior of a small biting fly)

If Dio gets off HIS posterior (after he finishes his grueling homework) My video + original music will be published on our website soon.

I have fought with booty2 for a month now, and I finaly broke down and gave it to him to convert and publish. Our bandwidth will roll over on the 3rd, so be looking out for it, ok?

I think he wants to put new footage to it, but I think I will just make another song for the next video.

The booty2 that is up right now has an older song (first one I made) and my latest one is much better, so just hang on and we'll get this all sorted out.

IF anybody else has a cool way around the santana problem let me know.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
How about "DJ PyroSonic?" Cool blend of fire and sound....

And next time I'll make the video and YOU do the Mech Design II assignment

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Ok, but I'm not going to guarentee a good grade...

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
ahh, but there is already the mighty Dj _omar_ santana...too close n you risk bein a copoff..What sw are you using to compose?? CEP? Acid? Fruit Loops ??

Do a bit myself, still find fruit does the job for me, acid has alot of nice features, but a steep learning curve for me considering all the other shit I'm tryin to learn

However Reason for post production work has become _required_...Too many fun widdle knobs to turn, tweek, etc etc

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I'm using a realy user friendly program calld "Magix Techno Music Maker" I have been having some problems with a few of the features, but its realy easy to use, and most of the stuff works good. The amount of samples that come with it is pretty limited, but because you can input your own stuff, so it is all good. It is also liscence free. If Malcolm wants to use my music for COL4 all he is required to do it put a little "Magix" logo next to my name on the box. Small price to pay for free music? I guess it just gives them a slight advertisement, and they will never ask for money.

[ 01. April 2003, 08:24: Message edited by: santana ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by santana:
I like the spirit of it, but when you say it out loud it sounds to much like "A Gnat Ass"
So you can kinda see why I get upset when people misspell Cantus then?

Meh

twistoflex2000member
5 posts

Posted:
DJ??? Danytana from full house i think that name suits u my friend hehehehe what program r u using? best of luk with the music. You post a hell of a lotta posts here always a larf to c what youve been up 2!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Cantos? isnt that an onerly long and booringly litteral poem?

sorry, didnt realise it upset you

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti