Forums > Social Chat > Another instant wee competition #4

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
yay!1.What are you most likely to be doing in bed if you have a elongated Uvula?**eating breakfast2.What does the big "S" on superman's shirt stand for? **serendipity3.What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?**fear of being sat upon by a hippo4.What is Poinephobia?**fear of being force fed taro root5.What is Ithyphallophobia?**fear of having a small penis6.Cat's urine glows under a black light, Ture or False?**depends on what brand of milk was consumed7.In what country would you find the place named "Taumatawhakatan- gihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokai- whenuakitanatahu"?**Malcolm's own special little world8.A pregnant goldfish is called a? **freak of nature9.The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called? **flugalbinders

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
snoringsupermanfear of long wordsfear of punishmentfear of erectiontrueNZtwitflugelbinder

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
and did you know that neither horses nor rabbits can vomit and most elephants weigh less than the tongue of the blue whale.yes, that's right Malcolm - I found your filthy little reference site.... no secret is safe now!!!! mwahahhahaaaaaa! (can i *pleeeeeeeaaassse* have a fancy glowy staff???)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
snoringsupermanfear of long wordsfear of punishmentfear of erectiontrueNZtwitaglet

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
::kicks frenzie in the shin and blows raspberry::I thought my answers were *much* better! wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
YAY

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Everyone said flugelbinder when i asked them, knew that damn movie was lying!!!! heheheheAnd I thought the superman question may be a trick, had me looking for something wierd like strongman or something smile------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
*sniff* I missed that one...didn't even know we do this...waaa

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well done lad. (Passes the crown.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

bhawkmember
48 posts

Posted:
actually the "S" on superman's shirt means:"I chose this symbol to not only stand for superboy and later for superman- it will also mean saving lives, stopping crime, and giving super-aid wherever its needed"Thats a quote from the comic, gotten from: https://www.fortress.am/users/superboy-lives/s.htmlDoes
that mean I win? wink

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Im in such a good mood now!!! wooooooo, my day started very well smileThanx Malcolm smile*romps*------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
hey malcolm can you give us any purchasing information on these trendy dendy sticks?or do we have to be motivated and make them ourselves? beth------------------floating drifting fading awayhow could these stimulants lead us astray?

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
oops just in case--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Quiz Questions1.Snoring2.Supermans own words..."I chose this symbol to not only stand for superboy and later for superman- it will also mean saving lives, stopping crime, and giving super-aid wherever its needed"3.the fear of long words4.Panphobia means the fear of everything5.Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erection ****6.True7.New Zealand8. A twit9.Aglets ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, please look at Frenzie's answer to number 5, the superman question and the Shoelace Question.I don't feel its completely correct or specific enough (although if the decision's been made it's been made)Specifically, the fear of seeing an erection is very different to a standard phobia. It could be a picture or even a drawing that the person will irrationally avoid looking at, which is not necassarily covered (he he) by a simple "fear of erection".Without the "s" on the end of erection to turn it into a noun instead of a verb, it actually translates into "fear of something being built higher than the ground". Even having an "a" or soemthing in front would change it, but the english in that sentence can only be interpreted as "something bult higher than ground level"Nor does it cover the fear of thinking about an erection = fear of a thought of the feared subject .And the Superman quote is also a legitimate claim to a false answer.Also, (being pedantic again) "aglet" is the correct answer to "what is the little plastic THING on ONE END of a shoelace?"Your question was asking in the plural, and should be answered in the plural, i.e "aglets" = meaning more than oneI know it's pedantic, (BUT SO AM I :P) tongue tongue :P tongue tongue ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
::flash hands the crown of pedanticism to charles::can't believe there is actually someone worse than me out there!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Charles, keep your erections in your pants dude. wink That is to say... let the kid have it.Nice job Frenzie.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well done Malcolm, I just threw that little "panphobia" in there to deliberately disqualify myself in case anyone actually agreed with me. [if you don't know what I'm talking about have a look through my answers again and then look at Malcolm's questions.I thought panphobia was a good word as a joke not only because it was appears visually similar to "poinephobia" but also because it seemed to be a good description for almost all of the questions anyway...YES YES YES I AM A CLOSET PEDANTICIST!Just warning people in the future, although I still feel that aglet/aglets is a valid protest, I feel even stronger that if someone has been promised a prize, then they get it!Besides, I like Frenzie (but not too much blush)So, if you guys even need help proving that black is white, that the world is flat or anything else, I'm your man!Cheers all, and tell me what the staff is like, Frenzie...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Charles, you describe yourself as a pedanticist. I feel I must point out that this is not a valid English word. I believe you meant to say that you are a 'pedant'.Oh and before anyone accuses *me* of pedantry I would like to point out that technically I am not being pedantic, I am being pernickety. tongue

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I think I have to take responsibility for the introduction of the word 'pedanticist'...I have a penchant for creating new conjugations. smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Thank you flash, although it is a mere extending of the original word using often-accepted postfixes (another new word)Dear Mr Pernickety, you are correct, in so far as pedanticist not being in most dictionaries. winkHowever, using the often-accepted (but not always) rules of interaction for english/latin based communication in the 21st century, pedanticist is a correct way of turning an adjective into a noun that differs from the noun, pedant. grinPedant is correct for someone who is always pedantic, but does not fit myself as I choose when and where to be pedantic, and do not wish others to get confused if I describe myself inappropriately.Pedanticist is a better form, using the term pedantic (the actions of being a pedant, as opposed to a description of someone who is always pedantic).The "ist" is easier (but not always) to interpret as a choice being made by the perpetrator to follow this course of action, whereas someone who is even less pedantic than a pedanticist, could be described as a pedanticistic person grin grin grinAin't english cool!------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
::Falls off Chair::Josh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
*looks at rule 1**grins*------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net**Updates to page coming shortly**

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
::looks at rule 1::::notices a spelling mistake:: rolleyes I give up! I'll leave it to the moderators to maintain grammatical standards round here! grin

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
dfgh

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
::looks at rule #1, thinks about a pedanticistication type reply, bites his tongue:::: and blushes ::------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Page: