Tobbemember
1 post

Posted:
Just thinking....How about smoking pois?

I know you can get coloured smoke from some kind of safety tortch. Has anyone tried to play with something like this? or could you make your own "smokers"?

Have Fun.....

[ 04 May 2002, 18:46: Message edited by: Tobbe ]

*yayness*

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
probly.. that would be pretty cool.. like those planes that fly through the sky with coloured smoke behind them. good idea!
give it a go and let us know how you go!!!
I have no idea how youd go about it, but im sure its possible!

Fire... A bushmans telly

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
haha, it made me think about silly string

put a rubber band around the tip, and swing it!

haha

i like the smoke idea
might get kinda rank though, with all that smoke

what about fireworks, roman candles?

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Maybe the smoke would look pretty good if you had a fan. Because all of that smoke staying in one place would... well. Get to be just a giant black or colored cloud sitting where you are and get kinda pointless to move until the smoke clears.

Trickymember
33 posts

Posted:
Has anyone seen smoke "bombs" that you can get from joke shops? You can get quite big ones that burn for a few minutes and chuck out a load of smoke. If these were in a metal container with holes in it, on the end of poi, that would probably work...?
You can also get a similar thing that you light as an SOS signal, not hand-held flares (that would just be nutz), but they are kind of similar, May be worth checking out...

TrickySmile at a stranger!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
HA ha! I can just see all these hellycopters flying over trying to save this flare twirler.

or Native American idians rocking up saying "I came as soon as I saw your smoke signal!"

Nice idea though I reccon the smoke could get abit much though, perhaps you'd need a breathing mask???

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Tricky, the problem with those smoke bombs is that they REEK to high heaven.

Also they get very hot, so whatever you are using to hold them has to be heat-resistant.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura