184 posts

Posted:
I guess I will start one smile

I smell something burning.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
NYC, I had the same thought about picking pickled peppers a long time ago back in school, and came up with the follwoing possible explanations.*** Pick: to pull from your nostril, usually with the pointing finger of the left hand shaped into a gentle hook.Therefore he could have been picking pickled peppers out of a cavernous and perhaps shelf-riddled nasal proejction, rather than off a tree...*** Pick: To choose from a selection.He could also have been choosing pickled peppers from a grocery or supermarket shelf, which radically alters the numbers involved, depending on supply, demand and actual numbers of displayed products. Also a factor may be the size of his shopping cart and the availability of cash to purchase said pickles...***Pick: to open a lock without using the approprite key.A little harder to visualise, there may well have been a lock or safe made out of pickled peppers, and while the hero of the rhyme is not defiend as a theif he may have been attempting to steal many different items from many different pickled, pepper locked safes...*** Pick: to pluck or twang an instrument to produce a sharp rpecise note, most frequently used with string instruments.The hero have merely being playing a strange serenade for the love of his life, with the local instrument of the region, peppered pickles...***Pick: To criticise sharply as in "he was picked to pieces by the critics, although several younf women threw their underwear during the curtaincall".He may have been complaining about the state of the pickles, rather than any physical manipulation, certainly, there were many types of pickling avaiable during the period this rhyme was created, some of which were much lower in quality and effect than ohers...And the list goes on but I better stop, coz I've got work to do...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
how many boards would the mongol hordes hoard, when the mongol hordes got bored?Pere

Belgarathmember
51 posts

Posted:
If anyone is still reading this.......The sixth sick sheiks sixth sheeps sick.Said to be the hardest toung twister in the world.oh and purple monkey dishwasher to you all!!------------------The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
try saying toy boat 5 times fast

anyone got a light?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Ahhhh, yes Charles... So if Peter Piper was in a grocery store and thinking "Gee, should I bring home a pint or pickled peppers, no I need more... How about a bushel of pickled peppers... no, too much. I'll just get a peck." Then Peter Piper would have been able to pick a peck of pickled peppers.That seems reasonable. I feel much better. But wait, was it a British grocery store, or one in the US. Because as we know, the pecks are different sizes. Also, since it's a measurement of VOLUME we really need to know the SIZE of peppers to find out how many peppers are in each peck. If he had selected one, single, very large 8.8 liter pepper then the answer would be "one" if he was in the US but less than one in the UK.It's all sparkely poi to me...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
NOTE TO SELF:Things to do this week:1) Get a life smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Does anyone know where my Group Certificate is? I need it to do my tax...please tell me smileJosh

bubblezmember
24 posts

Posted:
ok ok ok whos got tha likkwid dance(glostik dancing) vidieos???? confused

ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I found it! - ok you can all stop looking! thankyou for your efforts smileJosh

kneurbitmember
13 posts

Posted:
once I made a skyscraper out of cupcakes. The frosting made really good mortar but soon enough it rained and the dogs ate all the batter. I had a frog but the cat ate it. I had a brother but the cat ate it too. I thought goats eat everything but I gues that job has now ben deligated to the cat. now I just think goats make bridges but they dont make very good skyscrapers.

I create, I destroy... who said you can't have the best of both worlds!

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
As there have been SOOOOOO many post's on this I will say my little bit here, YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, I was showing off my little talent at a party last weekend they asked me to do fire, so I did the first time kinda thing, they where really loving it, it was great!!!!I love fire why do the parents tell us little stories about it being dangerous.... I dunno.Hello Kneurbit, interesting post took me a while to find out what it meant as I was in a little world of my own while reading it.... Ok I am just mumbling on now.....bye smile------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
YES! I started a thread that lasted over a month grin Last Saturday I spun fire for a project my wife is working on. it a place called columcille. As a 'barter' with the owner, I had to stay after and spin for a cerimony he was having on the ground. It was very interesting. A tribute to St Culumbu or something like that. In front of 300 people, I managed to tangle my flaming poi behind my back. I got them untagled, let out a "WOOHOO!!" and jumped into the same move again smileIt was great!

I smell something burning.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yeah Josh, and could you not leave your crap all over the living room? I thought we discussed this before. You also drank all of my orange juice which I totally bought and was on MY side of the fridge.I'd also like to mention Ice Cream just to make FireFairy look foolish. smile[This message has been edited by NYC (edited 30 October 2001).]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
nobody's mentioned ice cream

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
i scream u scream we all scream for pork chopsalsolife is just a bowl of pork chopsthese very disturbing billboards can be seen all over train stations in New York and New Jersey.alsoi am a mother pheasant pluckeri pluck mother pheasantsi am the most pleasant mother pheasant pluckerthat ever plucked a mother pheasantin closingunique new yorkunique new yorkunique new yorkunique new yorkunique new york grin

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hunting Scuba Cows (A Poem)Pebbles are not edibleIt is fruitless to try eating themI have not eaten a sandwich in many daysFear not for WednesdaysSalmon Unite!Boo HooBye------------------I have only one burning desire....let me stand next to your fire

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
My left foot is itching !should I get a new hair cut ?

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
yes, you should. you've been looking rather shaggy lately. :P grin

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Is anyone still reading this.
Non-Https Image Link
------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I have stopped reading this long ago. I also stopped responding to it. Heck, I don't even turn on my computer anymore.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

kneurbitmember
13 posts

Posted:
with no computer there can be no post. Without a post there can be no fence. With no fence there is no wall. If there is no wall there is no Pink Floyd. Without Floyd there is no music. If ther is no music there can be no Musak. So no wwe have th eworlds answer to ending that horrid elevator noise. Thank you everyone for divining this.[This message has been edited by kneurbit (edited 01 November 2001).]

I create, I destroy... who said you can't have the best of both worlds!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
^||(The lunatic is on the grass.......) smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
No I'm not, I'm on the South Island!!!!------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

4,224 posts

Posted:
::not having anything better to do today ... cassandra bumps this useless and funny thread up::*bump* smile

clairebearmember
52 posts
Location: jersey - Little rock, not quite there and almost h...

Posted:
did you see?!?!?There was a thing over there doing something quite bizzare.I told someone but they hadn't seen it, and I was wondering if anyone else may have spotted what it was doing.Hmm... maybe if we all sit quietly it'll come back. But be careful, it may be a mighty wabbit hunter!!!!!

Be Cautious of who you sniff, they could be an EnemyBig love and fluffy rainbow light in bundles. Bear xxx xxx xxx

4,224 posts

Posted:
Maybe what you saw was a flying piano ? I hear it is the beginning of piano season wink

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
This one time, at band camp...------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Diablostikmember
34 posts

Posted:
It's a mad, mad, world... ...and I see the fire at the end of the tunnel

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I just read that whole thing and now I feel all empty inside.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

4,224 posts

Posted:
Why empty, Bendy ? Did you puke or something ? winkI am sad that noone has solved Clare's question really... I mean WHAT WAS THAT SOUND ???????????????????Cass

Page: