Forums > Technical Discussion > diffracting light from rav'n and photons?

Login/Join to Participate

bhawkmember
48 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to diffract the light from rav'n and photon lights to make the trail look bigger like what the rav'n crystals do. The only problem with the crystals is that they are too fragile.I think i remember someone discussing this here before but I cant find the thread.

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
bubblewrap, rubberband/tape.

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Damn straight

We are defined by the choices we make

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Empty out the contents of a glowstick by making 2 slits near the bottom about the size of a ravnlight or photon light. Turn on the light and insert it, make sure the slits are a good size so it fits in yet holds the light in. The ravnlight or photon will light up the glowstick. ------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
anyone have any ideas how to diffract a rav'n light down say OOO a 4 foot staff?

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
PLEASE HELP ME!!!Call me thick but what are these rav'n lights and photons?Where can I get hold of some? Many thanxGruff cool

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
uh oh, someone forgetteth the search function!And there has been a post called RAV'N LIGHTS around for months... tut tut

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
I don't know, i get wicked creative whenever i go to a party and just start stickin photons in whatever is close at hand. Having tape helps this process if you're gonna spin with your new toys, but it's easy to pick up random things and play with em in your hands. Some cool lookin things i've used in the past are: Lids off aerosol cans, especially cool if they're different colors. Plastic travel toothbrush holders are very nice... Clear or translucent straws work well. Balloons can be crazy lookin. The way I have em set up now is wrapped pretty throughly in clear tape. Makes a trail a little longer than the crystals and protects the lights too. Pretty much the only limit is your imagination. Have fun! -Sock------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

bhawkmember
48 posts

Posted:
phunky, you wouldnt happen to have some pictures of how thats done, or what it looks like afterwards, would you?Gruff, you can get rav'n lights from: https://store.yahoo.com/botach/photravparli.htmland
dont be lazy and do a search for photons wink Basically they are really bright LED lights. The rav'n lights are even cooler because they change colors when u move them around.