shevamember
3 posts

Posted:
maby most of you will look at my quistion and do a funny face but i have to ask so here it comes...WHY FIRE??????????i've been spinning for some time now and altogh i thoght i have two left hands, so far so good. i have zuni poi and it looks good and now i'm thinking of buyin beaming poi or maby fire poi....but why fire????exept of its look, does it FEEL any diferent then regular poi or beaming poi (which are the closest i can think of by their looks)so????

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Sheva - buy the fire poi, give them a go, and you'll answer the question.Feel the fire & enjoy!!:-)~M

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I'm the last person to cast this in spiritual or mystical terms, but yeah, fire is just different. I could mention how it engages your senses more, with the roar of the flame, the smell of the fuel, the heat, etc. How the added element of danger heightens your awareness. That sort of thing. But it would be missing the point somehow. Fire clearly has some grip on our primal consciousness, and working with fire in this way seems to tap into that. It's very intense.Plus, with fire, you know when to stop!

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
LOVE the fire, RESPECT the fire!Like sheva said. get them and answer your own question.Peace------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

JEDI WHITE AKA JTmember
29 posts

Posted:
can anyone say ADRENALINE hehe.........gotta love it.......better than any drug

hesitation+fire=death

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
My heart has just speeded up to about 120. You made me wanted to light my staff so much just then .Im going to buy some parafin tommorow and try it out.Thanks

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

kneurbitmember
13 posts

Posted:
OH YEAH!!! I had my first chance to play with fire poi this weekend. That was the most intense rush I have ever had! Everything faded away and only I and the poi existed. Even with the drummers the only thing I could hear was the flames. I definately suggest going with the fire wink

I create, I destroy... who said you can't have the best of both worlds!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
If you do a search you can find the glow vs. fire threads which, despite the heated debate, had some pretty inspired responses.THis is also a "historical" thread, I think there are several people who answered prolly aren't on here anymore but...here you go...https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000200.html------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Rhiannamember
12 posts

Posted:
There is just something primal about fire... you can't control it... u have to follow its rules or u get burnt.Once in a lecture where we had to give a brief summary about ourselves I said about juggling and fire etc. My fellow group member said that I had a 'look' in my eyes when I mentioned fire... its kind of like that.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I get told that too Rhianna. That there is this look in my eye and this passion in my voice and this attitude that suddenly overwhelms my posture and mannerisms....... smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK