Page:
_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Because our scene is deeply linked with enviromental ideas and because we share the same values concerning our planet and our lives, come and chill out in Kingston for the 16th edition of the Kingston Green Fair in Canbury Gardens, Kingston Upon Thames, London.
Kingstongreenfair.org.uk
11am until 8pm
Bank Holiday Monday 26th May 2003
£5 adults, £3 concessions, £2 children, £10 families

>~Small World Stage~
Pony's Small World Stage is the festival scene's favourite at the moment, featuring the very best in live ambient music.

Kangaroo Moon - trancy, richly melodic and dancey, listeners experience a sound which unites the body and soul in deep, joyful psychedelia and elemental dance.
Space Goats - songs and bardic tales played on traditional instruments, acoustic ambient trance, through to Pixie punk and electric folk with sharp lyrics.
Semble - a trio with influences from World and Folk music.
Passion Dance - a virtuoso acoustic and synthesiser guitar duo.
Abie and Martin - Classy double act on the contemporary music scene.

>~World Music Stage~
Takes in groups and influences from around the globe, with DJ Daniel playing World Beats in between acts.

Soname Yangchen - a powerful haunting Tibetan voice that explodes with passion, anguish and joy.
Rainbow Nation - a song based band mixing pop, funk, global and ambient influences.
Earth Song - drum rhythms and non-traditional didjeridoo, from ambient and atmospheric through to pulsed acid-grooves.
Earthbeat Kids - a youth didjeridoo band who share Earthsong's vision.
Tarantism - a blend of ska, punk, reggae, folk & dance music.
Solar Rhythm - high energy 7 piece funk and dance outfit.

>~Green Stage~
Based in the fabulous Tadpole marquee technical wizards Coltech bring the finest in renewable DIY sound equipment for benefit of our ears.

Jambience - an earthy and exciting trio of guitar, percussion, and didjeridoo.
Schmoof - a duet of retro experimental electroclash.
Applehead - from Brixton, a new dancy technorock band with an edge.
The Intelligence Men - a four-piece band with depth, melody, powerful vocals and strong catchy grooves.
Rosy Wilbe - a powerful female singer song writer.
Kush - a hard hitting local Mod band (remember the Small Faces).
Red Chimp

>~Mandala Peace Dome~
This stage provides an impromptu platform for performers to drop-by and play something exciting.

>~Pyramids of Snafu ~
- space rock featuring Terry Ollis (formerly of Hawkwind).
Others TBA during the day.

>~Sacred Dance Sacred Body~
This peaceful ambient area will be running hourly performances throughout the afternoon. All performances will include some time for audience participation at the end to learn the skills of the performers. The stage will be hosted again by Nikki Williams who is both a healer and a performer. As it is a sacred space, we ask you to honour the "no smoking / no shoes" code.

Opening Welcome (12pm) - Meditation for World Peace with Gongs lead by Nikki Williams & Earthsound.
Partner Yoga Demonstration (1pm) lead by Chandra & Petra Thagunna.
Tai Chi Demonstration (1pm) outside the healing area and Sacred Dance stage.
Katak Dance (2pm) performed by Quincy Charles.
Belly Dancing (3pm) lead by Joice Pereira from Brazil.
Capoera (4pm) performed by 491 Tao Warriors.
Devotional Music (5pm) lead by RAVI & Friends
Closing Ceremony (6pm) - Sound Healing Journey lead by Nikki Williams & Earthsound.

>~Speakers Forum~
In the current global upheavals, the Speakers Forum is essential in the facilitating dialogue between disparate groups.

Independent Media (1-2pm). A talk about DIY news journalism by Dave of Indy Media UK.
Red/Green Politics (2-3pm). A talk by Derek Wall, well respected former Green Party speaker.
Middle East - The Future (3-5pm). A discussion lead by Jill Kaffah of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, and from Iraq Raid El Taher of Friends Across Frontiers.

~Other Attractions~
Rhythms of Resistance - one of the UK's finest Afro Bloc / Samba bands - will be on walk about, drumming to the spirit of peaceful demonstration.
Professor Kayoss will be touring on his wacky bicycle-powered contraptions.
Rinky Dink's famous mobile bicycle-powered sound system will be generating the grooves on the move.
The Healing Area will be offering a range of complementary therapies given by local practitioners from the Kingston Natural Healing Centre.
The Arts & Crafts Tent will be running workshops on the hour for half an hour: Stenciling, Stamping bags, Paper flowers, Father's day cards, Parade paraphernalia, Juggling balls, and Pompoms.
The Carnival Procession starts at 6pm from the Arts & Crafts Tent, lead by Rhythms of Resistance. Also lookout for the Green Dragon...Kingstongreenfair.org.uk

* Thanks to Moonquake on the Psy-forum for the info..* don't you just love copy and paste?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
If anyone's feeling childish, I'm going to be helping out with face painting on the Magic Roundabout stall.... c'mon guys! It's for charity! I'm gonna be a tiger.....

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
ooo can i be made up like Florence? PWEASE??

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
oooohhhh! Tempting.

Was meant to be heading on a cinema double day, XMen2 & Matrix reloaded.

Will consult the others and may be along Monday

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
you can count me in on this one honey

Bammers

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I think I'll be popping along for the day - not sure about the face painting though, always makes me itch

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
I might make an appearance, but I wouldn't hold my breath expecting me to turn up. My record for turning up to these things after I've said i'd definitely be there hasn't exactly been the best.

But having said that I will talk to my friends see if I can persuade them to come up, if so then I'll be there. Hmmmm it's in kingston right? that's a right pain in the @r$e for me to get too. Well I guess we'll see what happens.

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
the cinema is anytime, Kingston green fair is bu once a year!

Miss stix, bring a picture... we can try!

(I haven't actually met anybody from HOP so greenfair should b interesting...(will be looking for spinners))

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
kingston is easy to get to from dorking. Take a train to wimbolden and then one to surbiton. There's buses from outside surbiton station that go well close to the fair (can't remember the numbers). The whole journey will be under an hour. I've done it from guildford by train a couple of times now.

I'll debate about coming, got several exams next week so the correct answer is no way, but we'll see

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Isn't there a train direct to Kingston from Wimbledon? Would that not be nearer?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
there is a train from wimbledon to kingston, and it's easy to walk to the fair. If you're coming from further afield and want to go via waterloo, there's a train to kingston from there too.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im the United Chains of Fire. Im mad me!

is what i shall say to you if mum lets be break free of my studying and come down..hope to tho...but i know at some point i will be offered spliffery..and spliffery is bad for me at the moment..

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
So who's going from London and at what time??

Me wants some company....

Bammers

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
well...im only going directly south from harrow....
to euston to morden..need some help goign from morden tho..

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Well....... Seeing as I live about 15 mins from Kingston I'm definately not missing this one!! For once people are having to travel down to me !!! YAY

Oh and if any you guys want to know how to get there you can always ask me.

See ya all then

Ads

Is that magnets!?

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Well lets hope everyone turns up as its going to be kicking! So funnny as well someone on HOP knows John! How excellent! WahhooooooooO!

Cant wait tis going to be fun fun fun!

Hugs,
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
tee hee hee = I've managed to blag a lift with my ex.. so we'll be staggering around together for the day.. (yeah we are still mates )

can;t wait.. I've not been to the green fair for 'ears!

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
UCOF, morden to kingston takes about half an hour. From Morden South station, go to wimbledon, then change for kingston. (platform 8, probably Shepperton service) That way you can meet up with people coming fron London, 'cos from waterloo u go via wimbledon.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
uh...as Frostypoi would say in circumstances such as these....

LONG!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
provided it ain't raining i'll be passing through london on the way at about 12pm

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh flid how's about we meet up along the way then?????

Bammers

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
I Have arranged to meet Jon at Surbiton, time not set yet. Anyone else wants to do the same, just let me know. From there is only 5 mins to Kingston and i Know exactly where to go too!

Ads

Is that magnets!?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Good luck to folks driving. Kingston one way system is evil. I narrowly escaped driving around Kingston forever with my friend when I first moved to Tooting, and have been reluctant to go back since.

Should see you folks on Mon.

- W B Yeats

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
It in my plan to make it :-)
Supposed to be working Saturday and Sunday, but have just blagged Sunday off :-))

Now that just leave me to find a party on Satuday night... shouldn't be hard, only have 2 requirements : 1) Somewhere to spin fire. 2) Dirty acid techno :-D

Kat, I've driven through Kingston before with someone who lives there, and that didn't stop us getting stuck in the one-way nightmare! will probably be abandoning the car before we get involved with it this time...

See you all in Kingston on Sunday, hopefully with some of the Northampton Circ'Citron in tow

Wooooop!

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
have you?

when the crap did we arrange that?!?!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
errr, i thought it was Monday?

I can do sunday thou, but pretty sure it's always on the Monday

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
sure bambam. I'm not going there with anyone at the moment. I know that the chances of not meeting at least 20 people i know there are very slim.

What time are you heading off to it?

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
hey

does anyone know, are they selling tickets on the gate or do we have to get them in advance?

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Heh, heh! I think Woody took the day off because it will take about a day to get through the evil Kingston oneway system!!

- W B Yeats

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
no tickets... you give the hippy (orange jackets, i think) at the gate some money, and he gives u a map/ programme thingy

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
or you jump the fence round by the childrens playground

what does £3 concessions mean? Does it mean i can blag 2 quid off for being a student?

a fiver a ticket is a bit steep imho, considering there's plenty of green fairs that are voluntary donations only and manage to stay afloat (ie Ambient Green Picnic)

Page: