Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > summer spinning 2003™ Clapham London 31st may

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Its time for another big summer spinning in london get together. and While Doms not here.
I'll do the do.

So how about a big gethering on
saturday 31st mayfrom 2 onwards
bring parafin, cake,
pic nic, extra cake
blankets and toys

I think its a synergy clubbing thing that
weekend tooo

see you soon

Ohh com come Whhhooooopoopwhoooopppp
there might be cake

[ 10. May 2003, 09:19: Message edited by: Glåss ]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Cool, I'll be there.

The Saturday would definately be better for me though, because I might be able to find some floor space in London to crash on, then go home Sunday, rather than having to get home Sunday evening ready for work on Monday

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
That Sounds Wicked!!

Erm i second the 31st as the date, the day of the Synergy Project! Soooo day in the sun spinning; followed by wicked clubbing experience!!

Anyway thats my bit done.

See yas soon.

Adam

Is that magnets!?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
wicked

i can do either day but will be far more lively before synergy rather than after.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Um.. i think i may be able to do one of those days...

I'll let Pink Flags know also.

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Oooh - Saturday is good for me.

Sundays I just want to curl up in a foetal position, put my hands over my ears and shout 'tomorrow is not Monday, its not' repeatedly.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Yeah Saturday's better. I'll try and make it. BovrilMonkey: if it's on a Saturday then you don't need a place to stay you can just go straight out on the Saturday night, party all night and crash wherever you end up. That's what us Londoners do when the night buses are crap and getting home's too much effort. If it's sunny you can sleep in a park all day Sunday. That's my advice

laters

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
I vote sunday, i vote sunday - thats 2 votes as i have 2 hands & becuase sunday is pretty much outvoted so far...

i cant make saturday as i have this whole graduation ceremony - i wont be making synergy either but i'll only go to this ceremony once so better enjoy it and get beaten for not turning up to another poi event.... *hides quickly hoping ucof or small hasn't read this*

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Saturday it is. then
And UCOF has just offered his assistance to big it up to the massive.
Come on type for some big hype:

I'm going to start with:
There will be a mystery celebrity special guest star to open the preceeding and start things spinning.

Or, there have been spinning gaterings with a capital S. But this is a spinning gathering with a capital S-P-I-N-N-I-N-G--G-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-G.

Ohh I'm so excited I could pee myself.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
WHAT THE CRAP HAVE I SAID I WOULD DO?!?!?!

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Isn't reclaim the beach on the same day? Just wondering? I might have got it wrong. I'll probably go to this instead though if I have to choose.

amy k(em) your vote seems to have been overlooked. I suspect that people are considering the after-effects hardcore clubbing will have on brain-body coordination

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
whoop whoop bump splat boing.

Now featuring...
Straight from the thrils and spills of the circus
The sawdust and posts of the big top.
Yes
the man the famous the incredible
Mr UCOF
WWF hug wrestling champion of chesham and surrounding district.

Come on Jon your meant to be bigging this up, otherwise im going to have to try and I'll only write things like:

It will probably be a quite pleseant day.
and it might be alright
And then synergy after

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
you could use your thousandth post to big it up in a

"this is my thousandth post and i'm using it to big up this really big event. its gonna be big"

kind of way. or you could use it to make yourself an intro

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
.seed
.seed
.seed
.seed
.seed
.seed
.seed
.seed
.Mantrap

Ooops

A cunningly Laid trail of seeds to tempt simian and UCOF into the thread.

This thing spinning on the commo fluffly lovelyness at the end of the month. followed by synergy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yum yum yum yum MUNCH!!

ooooh.... this is seriosly going to be the best ever clapham common meeting ever!

its going to be so....so.....um..its going to be be....i dont know if a word has been invented to describe the level of amazingness that PiP will be, but whatever the word is, PiP will be a total one of it.

Its gonna be big! Its gonna be cool! its gonna be one of those things tha if you dont turn up to you you will spend the left of your life moping around the disused sewer system of the late 1800's going "Oh arse...i wish i had gone to the most fantastical, most magical, most unbeliveably sock-rocking hip-swinging pantaloon waving event in clapham where i could see all the crazy Hoppers and eaten cake until i could eat cake no more and then a little extra insy winsy teeny weeny bit for good measures."

So yeah! Come...or else i will find you and follow you around for the rest of your life making the most annoying noises that i havent even thought of yet! but trust me, they are going to be REALLY annoying!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
was that ok?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
It was lacking something but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I know - you need to be dancing a jig too

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
here is the pixie bigging it uppper to the massive of common clap!

Should apparently according to the resident big up artist a very biggupable event where we will be bigging and upping so that more can come upping bigger numbers of FUN! Wahoo I love PIP I love Summer Spining even!

*happy fluffly smiley pixie dixie bixie dancy fancy*

WoodledeHoo! Wahoo! YAY! The summa is a cummin the summa is a comin and someone told me that there is a dark one who miught start cumn to join us again with her big up and thang tworls and lurvely accents for all to hear!

No Johnny and Cole tis not foreign tis fairy dark of queen!

anyways big up to the common we can have civilised tea and that.

hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
YAY!!

the fairy queen of darkness will be having tea with us!

are any of the northeners coming down for it?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i will be there but don't let that put you off

as well as myself, i will be bringing:

some square crisps (cos i don't eat much normal cake),
a few bottles of bucky (for the initiated among us),
my best foreign accent accompanied by some top level cheekiness (just in case the fairy of darkness really does turn up),
a poi (maybe two),
monkey fish lips for dancing (no explanation here - turn up and find out for yourself),
a blanket, three hats and one moohaahaa.

so everyone! roll up, roll up, er... ah yeah; roll up!
(except ucof - you skin up ).

it will not rain

see ya there

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Well to be honest I didnt mean this Sat I meant soon! I am not sure if the fairy of darkness can bigusup and join us this weekend due to working conditions but everyone is always welcome to pop by the Shoreditch Elbow Room where she will tell ya to *u*k off is you arent a good customer! I say we get a big group together soon to go make her day man!

Anyhows i will be trying to bring myself but am not sure when I get there. A lovely mate of mine AMY K or Em is having her graduation! Wahey! So i gots to dress up and big it up to her on her big big day i got to try to get there quick so the Bucks dont finish ah big up to Cole and them monks for the bucks!

Well to future gatherings and a summer of bliss!

Hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that's cool drome, you have time to convince her - its not till next saturday.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nice sig cole.

and anyway ...i wont be smoking at either of the *we interrupt this serious post for a random button bash*

hil;/p9u t4 w;o8 ynbtw4wtbwnvhtrbnlkfgs j sdq;/ fa w;OK GR O DXHI JI PIJGS FH; GSR HFJNSED;FDC'LO99KN/VZAkfjih\fl; f LIfo98 O98P AGHJ98 G p98 n4V8PO \F( 09

*we now return you to the original post*

and it turned out to be a giant chicken with the cucumber and not either of the cray brothers.
where was i? oh yes...im not going to be smoking smokey smoke as i have exams...so PLEASE dont offer me any at any time even if i just ask for one toke or im saying this was a joke...cos it isnt.

thanks you muchly.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
NO SMOKING!

Chins of fur man whot are you thinking did you not know that smoking enhances the chances of your success not only on these exams but in life... Check the Hicks quotes on Cole's intro man... I am beginning to think you dont know as much as you say you do...

but hugs anyways!
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
whoowhoop boing
its this saturday and manypeeps are comming.

Bounces up and down with excitement
And I'm going to miss the end of the fire
what kind of silly planning is that.

Ok extra bit. at synergy, theres no room to spin on the main dance floor unless we make a "breakdance" circle ie its a Juggle Jam, anybody up for it?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Drew

[ 29. May 2003, 08:04: Message edited by: Glåss ]

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohhh Mr Glass you've sold it to me already

And why will you miss the end of the fire?????

Huggles

Bammers

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
4 DAYS TO GO! 4 DAYS TO GO!

yipee!¬

at least i wont be sleeping at this one...

:embarassed:

oh...malcolm, get on it please..

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
ok ucof: I have prepared an extra surprise for you to make you smile

tatttySILVER Member
158 posts

Posted:
whats the parking like near by?

possibility of a few of us coming from kent, (if thats ok? )

big hugs
xx

Make your own happiness by making others happy [Ikeda]

*they used to read me stories, as though my dreams were boring*

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i'll be down for it. Gonna have to be a kill joy and not go clubbing thou, got 3 exams next week

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Hurrah - its almost the weekend. I will be along on Saturday. Won't make it to Synergy yet again though as my flatmates are away so I am planning a nice relaxing evening at home, watching vids and smoking Shisha

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Page: