Forums > Social Chat > Just introducing myself

Login/Join to Participate

Keltmember
34 posts

Posted:
Hi all!I'm the new kid. Just saying hello to everyone. I've been using poi for only about 2.5 months or so, but I think I can hold my own a bit. smileGlad to see there's a board for this!

Let me stand next to yourFire, fire on the mountain...

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey Kelt,Good luck with the poi i've only been doing it for about a year i think so a good bit, but I still havn't used fire yet but oh well.well welcome to the board mate.F_S[This message has been edited by Fire_Sista (edited 08 September 2001).]

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Keltmember
34 posts

Posted:
Wow, you really need to give fire a shot. I was a little nervous about it, but I kinda made myself take the leap, and, MY GOD! The RUSH is amazing...Now, if I could only stop thinking so damn much while I'm doing it. wink

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Stop thinking!? you might whack yourself with that fire there...

Keltmember
34 posts

Posted:
It's wierd, but I find myself messing up MORE when I start thinging too much.It's kinda like that Jedi thing - Obi Wan telling Luke to "Let go..."Once I do, I spin MAD fire!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I agree completely. The minute you start thinking about what you're doing (at least on a detailed level), you screw up. This is very much one of those skills you need to drill into muscle-memory.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
hi Kelt...welcome to the boards happy postin' Im a newbie too grin

Its not easy being green....

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
My advice is to close your eyes find your plane of enlightenment and let it flow. Also welcome to the board smile.