Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Poi and Staff workshops in Spitalfields Market EC1 London

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
SpacemonkEmember
25 posts

Posted:
----------- Spinning@... Update -----------

Dear all

we have moved to a new location.... se here for the new treead

[Old link]

see you at the rag factory..

this is why we have moved...

We had discussions in the pub on Tuesday regarding the use of the market for spinning@spitz and thanks to friends we have a much clearer idea of what’s going on:

Unfortunately we are not allowed back into the market for our workshops. It seems that while we have been out the market for the work, there has been a change of management. The new management appears to want to “increase the value” of the market area (gentrification is the term being used). This has led to many of the existing tenants not being invited to re enter the market, our selves included.

The st’georges residents association would have had no idea we would not be allowed back in, so although annoying its not their fault. We still have contacts in the market and we don’t want to cut out any future possibility of re-entering the market at a later date by kicking up a fuss, especially when there is no chance at all of us using the space in the current climate.

We need to do 2 things… 1. Find a temporary place to play ASAP… (see top) and 2. Find a permanent new home… to help us move forward we need your help. Please think of the people around you, be it your parents, friends, colleagues etc and see if there is anyone who may be able to finds us a new home… put the feelers out there.

If you find somewhere that fits our criteria (see below) then please get a contact name, a number or email and if appropriate, have a brief chat with them as a recommendation or personal contact makes a huge difference. If they are interested, forward their details to me and I will then chase it up.

We require an indoor or covered outdoor area with adequate lighting able to house up to 100 people on a Tuesday evening within 10mins from a tube and centrally located. We also require power to run a portable stereo.

On another note we have decided to have a Xmas party to raise some funds to help us secure a new spinning@..... ‘s venue. The confirmed date is Thursday 20th December in a Brixton from about 7.30 pm to 1 am. More details to follow.

Hopefully we will get sorted very soon and in the meantime we will meet at the poet next week and maybe look at ice skating, bowling or something else there after.

Huge hugs

Kev and the guys at spinning@.... ‘s

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

EDITED_BY: Dom (1208047279)

Perspective allows us to live in a world of incomprehensible possibility, simply by blinding us to almost all of it… We’re not horses, yet we all wear blinkers...

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

Mop Headed Scotish Staffers and Red Headed Brits with Flaming Blue Beverages interested in Experimental Sexual Position Workshops.

you're lucky we actually made it back to London...MISSION!.... how did it take us 14hours just to get from Lille to London? by being slack and stupid, that's how. But having a lot of fun in the process!! biggrin

see you tomorrow!

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
did I say 14? I meant 24.

It's my incomprehension of numbers that got us into trouble the first time... sigh.

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
See you tomorrow indeed. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
well 24 is only about 20 hours more than it took me to get a train from bleedin surbiton cos of british rail and the rain rolleyes
was well worth it when i finally made it though! biggrin many thanks to ben for all the staff ideas hug as usual was nice to meet everyboby i haven't already. smile NYC, i somehow managed to miss you completley so i guess i'll have to wait till next year to meet ya....

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Spitz rocks. It's totally the shitz.

nuff said.

I wanna go again!

grouphug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Was gonn abe there tonight but I can't now. Will try to get there soon. Ben was singin the praises so much I can't put it off much longer! See you all soon biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

cherienewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hi there!! I've just arrived in London and registered on home of poi. I would like to know if there are any people going to Spitz tonight. And what about tomorrow in Brixton? is it still on?
Thank you folks!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bug, you do need to hit spitz, im hopfull planning a trip soon, as i get back if my sleep patterns will allow me, cos if i cant get one in the wek i return to the uk, i wont be able to get to london for a spitx till next feb now! frown

Step (el-nombrie)

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
bournemouth fire crew are attending on tues 7th, shall be about 15 of us, we are hireing a mini bus and will be driving up!!

cant wait to see u all

xx xx

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
BASTARDS!

i think i may have to take some time off work and go down on eth tues, what do ya say?

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mech, I think you should stay in OZ this week.

The flights to Spitz and back would be a tad expensive.

And you would have to leave tomorrow to get here today, which throws up all kinds of temporal illogicies and makes me confused.

So stay.

Sit.

And hug more inanimate objects!!!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok ucof, if you say so, i will do!

you are indeed a wise lil man! and who be this lady you have stolen the soul of for your avatar?

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
erm...

*looks nervous*

hee hee...its me!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ooooooooooooooooooook!

Step (el-nombrie)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
this is probably gonna be my last spitz till christmas. s'not fair... ubbcrying

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'll be at Spitz for my going away Spitz frown

So be there or miss me.

ubblove

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I will be there!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
yay!
bounce2
my first spitz last Tuesday and it did truely rock (none of your pebbley nonsense)

even moley molly enjoyed herself and learnt new tricks...

can I come again when I'm south for christmas?

xx

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
gonna pop along on tue have not been an aaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i will be along this evening for a short while.

i brought poi with me this time and everything, especially for ben ubbrollsmile

ain't seen ya for a while mike - look forward to hugs and smiles from you wink :hugs:

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i'm leaving for france tonight smile have fun everybody.... hug

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm coming next week on he 7th! bounce bounce2

It's all arranged, I've even booked of the following Wednesday so I don't have to worry about being home too early biggrin

See you soon!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ill believe it when i see it ya poi tease

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I'll try and pop up tonight too - I'm currently all inspired smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I too shall be there!

hug :hug

see you all tonight.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
biggrin

hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cole spinning poi. Didn't expect that one eek
hug

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I remember when Cole used to spin poi.

I think all the nookie he's been getting has been draining his poi drive.

Something must be done.

No more nookie until he's back at Jedi status. Says me.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
redface

i ain't giving up nuthin tongue wink

spinning was lots and lots of fun last night - hug to ben for giving me a reason to get off my arse and spin for once.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Two months in Portugal and now i'm back. bounce2

The (add censored word here, especially if you juggle) [Nx?] managed to teach me some weavesmiley whilst i was away so I may well be weavesmiley at Spitz on Tuesday.

But then again I might just smile in the middle in a place with no lights above me and juggle all night. Mr. Coleman - thought you might be interested in seeing this (6x,8x)(2x,4x) in the flesh so to speak...I've just about cracked it.

See you all in 1001...

Love and hugs to all

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page: ......