Page:
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
hello all,

The other thread just got a bit too long with 100 posts of organisation to wade through. Here is the official whats going to happen notification thingy:

Staff and Poi in the Park London
18th May
Clapham Common
Near the bandstand on the lovely glade like area.
From about 3ish till after dark, then a big crowd are going to the liquid whatdayacallit party

bring if you can:
toys, cake, fud, paraffin, blankets, marmite, smiles and trees.

Heres the details:
SPIP London Flyer

With thanks to DOM, Carrey, Kat, Ewan, PK, Cassandra, Lisa, Davy Cantus and everyone who's cotributed time and enthusiasm to making to happen.

its going to be a bloody good day
see you there
glass

(:WhoohOO-sPleedEndyflOp!! LALalalalA-TEE-Hee!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
No, not Marmite. The french contigent don't like it.

Meh

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Hello Everyone, nice to meet you all!

Just joined, have been occasionally lurking for a month or so, started Poi a month or so ago too.

Have been to the viaduct a couple of times and am green with envy and amazement at how good everyone is... and how helpful!

The PIP thing sounds great, and I am really keen to join in, and will drag along a whole heap of friends too, bringing lots and lots of choccy cake, and maybe a bit of stuff besides.

Maybe we should all wear nametags?!

munchkinmember
15 posts

Posted:
Hi glass
I just tried to print off the flyer and it has only got room to do one complete flyer on the paper I think that they need to be smaller! so as to fit all for onto a sheet of a4!
NICE FLYER though

Live with the world as you wish it to live with you!

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Marmite is known to be a "Cassandra repulsive" ... Marmite is my Kryptonite ...
It may be an item which I am sure many of you might want to bring along if you want to escape my deadly hugs (I am thinking in particular of Cantus, Ros, SBowl, Dom, Glass, Carrey, Bam Bam, Knoxious, PK+unicylce, and oh so many more of you): BE CAREFULL !!!, BE ARMED, get that marmite pistol ready, she's coming

Shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The flyer should be the right size for printing. Most printers have a 'Fit to paper' option in the properties you should be able to use. Or import the file into Word which will automatically resize it to fit. Hope that helps, otherwise let me know.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
this is what i call a good thread!!
mass poi groupage in one place, the poi/ fire event of the summer..
yeah i think we have all put enough orange energies in to this to pull off a good day.. well weekend for most.
not sure about choccie cake feel more skunk cakes myself.. might ask my boss to make some of her killer skunk buns.. if i would be alive to finish one. think chocy might go down better after all..
peace

www.poiinthepark.co.uk

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
MIngmongmalooma

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
car is bust... hopeful I can make it down some otherway... train or something... may have to bail early in order to get home again, as I have to be up first thing sunday morning... busy, busy, busy!...
hopefully see you all there tho'...

cat

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thinks tempest has lost the plot in some form or another, maybe you should be in with the hyperactive crowd or has those scousers sent u nutty?

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Hiya,

This sound like it's gonna be a blast. I really really wanna come, but have no one to com along with me.... will you be nice to me if I come alone??!
Hope to see you there
e*

4,224 posts

Posted:
Of course Ellie, do come along !
the more, the merrier

shine on
Cassandra

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I will probably make it down with some fire buddies, what is the deal for after, is there anything interesting/exciting happening?

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Doubt it. I hear everyone in Greater London goes to bed at 8pm and everything is shut. Nightlife was made illegal by Queen Victoria. I think we'll all go home......

Meh

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
It's a Saturday, our mums let us out till 9. Kewl!

ellie, come along and introduce yourself to all the lovely, friendly and chatty people who will be there.

Wikkaman, there's a Liquid Connective party out in Kent if the weather is nice. Access All Areas has some minimal details.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
can we have our own UK burning man thing going on and set fire to cantus?> hehe.
i think so far we got me, cantus, orange, kato, jo derry and a few others making it down from the north.
ellie come along. i promise i will leave my camcorder alone... shush cantus it will be in my bag of toys hehe

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You know I only mess up when you point a camera at me.

Meh

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
you didnt mess up at pip five man, you were going for ages mate, i put a few mins footage up on the website of you doing you new skill of poi man looks wonderful for only several weeks playing.
right i'm off looking for toys now i have a real performers job hehe... those knocks on the head paid off.

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Sheffield people - how you getting down to London on the 18th?
in fact i'll probably give you a ring about it, i'm just getting a bit addicted to this newfangledinternetthinnymbobbywhaddyamacallit so I'll call it a day..bye.

Laura

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
This sounds like it should be a good laugh. Thanx cass for pointing me in the right direction I will most deffinatly be there!!

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

starbukmember
75 posts

Posted:
Just had a phone call from one of my friends mothers asking if I know anything about poi. She then asks me if im going to Clapham on the 18th! Apparently she picked up at flyer in safeways of all places. Shes coming as well as shes interested to see what its all about. This is a women of 50, supply teacher & mother of 2 who only ever seems interested in me not getting her son utterly trashed when ever i see him.

just thought ud like to know

Dont forget to bring a towel

4,224 posts

Posted:
Nice
she spins ? that's so cool !
is she on HOP ?

Beccamember
11 posts

Posted:
Excellent - been practising lots so cant wait to meet some other people who are tonnes better than me so I can learn a thing or too.

Wicked!

Anyone going to the cannibas march in Brixton on Saturday?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
starbuk - all I can say is: Oh god! The Monster lives! I've had people I don't know telling me about it, and it's still only 2 weeks away!

Oh my god!

4,224 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

we've created a monster !!!!!!

And YOU, Dom, are Dr Frankenstein

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
lmao safeways? wtf!! who dumped flyers in there?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
14 days to go and counting!!!!!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Looks like a good turn out to me!

Just out of curiousity did anyone check with police/council to okay this or is won't it be an issue? I remember people said they were going to.

It'd be good to put names and faces to people after so long on this board. Plus I can't wait to see all the sheffield people spinning, it'll be a good learning experience (and I apologise in advance for hanging round you all day trying to learn more moves )

Right - I'm off to buy a family pot of Marmite (and some Brie and wine to keep Cass happy)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Yay! I got my train ticket today, so I'm definitely coming! I apologise in advance to all the staff people that I'm going pester for a few moves - had my first burn with it on friday, so much fun!

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
You know i'm gonna be there! it shall be sooo kewl. i'm bringing 3 mates who do poi and 4 mates who are learning (but incredibly slowly) i cant wait. 18th May is down in my calender

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Good that they're learning slowly.
I always try to help everyone to go slowly when theyre learning.
chill out
It hurts much less.
(And i'm not mean either dom )

Page: