Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Canberra - National Folk Festival and fuels

Login/Join to Participate

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
...anyone planning to be at the National this year?We're doing a show each night in the new circus venue there - which will be followed by a "World at Your Feet" dance party + some stilts... would love to meet any of you beautiful Canberra twirlers there...The "Folk Circus" venue is going to be a bit of a bigtop, so we were going to go for a low-smell fuel - any good suppliers in Canberra...? I can look it up if no one knows - but even a reliable supermarket that does low-odour kero would do...Hope to see some of you there...Bec

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Hmmm u sure do get Around!!Could i please grab the details of for the canberra festival? fanx! I woudn't mind the long drive if involved lotsa pyromania!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
...yes, we're having *lots* of adventures lately.For all the details on the Canberra Folk festival you can visit www.folkfestival.asn.au...but essentially, it runs from Thurs 28th - Mon 1st April (ie over Easter) and is fairly central location in Canberra. It features all of the usual folkie stuff + more... is one of the biggest folk festivals in Aust (along with Woodford & Port Fairy)... I've never been before, so can't comment on the fire scene there, but come along anyway (although from Melbourne, ouch - long way!) and we'll have a good twirl sometime...Our sets are on around 7 or 8pm or something each of Fri, Sat, Sun nights in the Circus venue.